OUT and ABOUT

johnieheel

I just came home from a "dress up" symphony Christmas concert with my wife. I wore a black sport coat, red turtle neck shirt, and gray herringbone slacks. I gave my wife a choice of 5 different pair of shoes to choose from for me to wear: 2.5" chunk heel penny loafers, 2" wedge heel loafer, 3" chunk heel ankle boot, 2" slightly tapered heel red pump, and the shoe that my wife and teenage daughter picked in the attached picture. It had a 2.75" tapered heel with the smallest "heel" footprint of all of the choices. I was certainly pleasantly surprised and excited to get this opportunity to heel in public. At the concert I saw and spoke to 3 people that I knew. I also had to walk up a flight of stairs, which gives the person behind you a full view of your heels. No one stared at, or commented on my shoes. It made for a fun evening to enjoy the concert, a night out with my wife, and being able to wear fun shoes. :thumbsup:

post-6974-133522876156_thumb.jpg

post-6974-133522876157_thumb.jpg

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was expecting you to post pictures of all 5, and have us vote on which ones we thought were selected for you!

Here's a link to them from zappos, for those wanting to see more views:

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7439686/color/40579

Seeing them makes me even more interested in seeing the rest, as no way would I consider these to have a "small heel footprint". Nice also to see that you apparently got an a little extra height, since zappos list these as have 2 1/2" heel.

Wife and I did a little shopping today. I wore my favorite boots, the ones in my avatar, and she wore her favorite ankle boots. She likes to wear her pants high enough to show the whole shoe of the boot. I noticed walking by a mirror at Kohl's that my pants were pretty high also. She needed a couple pair of pants so I stood and waited while she tried them on. People , men and women just walked by, some noticed, some didn't, and nobody cared. Not a single reaction that I noticed, even standing in line. Also talked to the lady at Joanne Fabrics about a new embroidery program for a while. I think they all know by now that I wear heels. LOL. Went to dinner, was seated and treated without a single reaction, comment or anything. Am I missing something or are there more men out in heels and people just aren't noticing anymore. Not that I'm complaining cause thats what we're shooting for , right? It's so much fun now that I have learned to just be myself and don't even think about what others are thinking anymore. So if you haven't gotten out in your heels yet or gotten up the nerve, I think now's the time. GO FOR IT!

real men wear heels

Some guesses: - with Christmas approaching, many people are too focused on shopping to notice, or care about, the sights around them (unless it's guys looking at a hot woman, always time for that!) - with colder / inclement weather, boots probably don't stand out too much, even on a guy. - who's to say what's really in fashion now, even on men. One thought I had from a different thread (but similar concept) - is public perception of a guy wearing heels (pumps or boots) different if he's alone, compared to with a woman (assumed to be be wife/girlfriend)?

One thought I had from a different thread (but similar concept) - is public perception of a guy wearing heels (pumps or boots) different if he's alone, compared to with a woman (assumed to be be wife/girlfriend)?

This is a very good question and may be worthy of its own thread to draw more attention/responses to it.

Style is built from the ground up!

One thought I had from a different thread (but similar concept) - is public perception of a guy wearing heels (pumps or boots) different if he's alone, compared to with a woman (assumed to be be wife/girlfriend)?

This is a very good question and may be worthy of its own thread to draw more attention/responses to it.

Indeed, that might make for a fascinating discussion. It could touch upon the sociological concept known as social proof, which is particularly powerful in novel circumstances which is the case for most people when they see a man in high heels. Robert Cialdini, author of the book Influence, wrote, "In general, when we are unsure of ourselves, when the situation is unclear or ambiguous, when uncertainty reigns, we are most likely to look to and accept the actions of others as correct."

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Last weekend I ended up (unexpectedly)facing one of my worst fears... Sports nuts in a wing place mixed with young (20's) people hooking up as they set-up a dance area and blared really loud music while I am seated on the end on a stool at a hightop. Besides young kids that might point or make a big deal about a guy wearing heels, uber masculine (in their minds) guys with their buddies watching football are the group I expect the most issues from. We arrived and sat down just as they were switching from food place to dance club. They removed the tables up to ours to build the dance floor while the games were coming to an end. Everyone had to see my 4.5" oxfords but surprisingly, not one comment, odd look or any indication they even noticed. The more I wear heels out and about, the more surprised I am how no one really cares. My only real fear now is someone from the office seeing me and making a deal of it at the office, probably behind my back. Who knows, I might be surprised and nothing would happen at all. I really hope that all of us pioneers will still be young when society fully accepts a man in heels, just like men wearing earrings is accepted. I remember the 70s when that was just getting started. I just hope it doesn't take 30 years.

That story from CasieJ, can not believe it, but is good, I have the fear of that, and of the office people or of any friend or anyone that could see me in heels and start pointing or sying something. and as you say maybe nothing would happen. I try to share more in this forum as possible, in order to have the courage one day and go out and try it in a normal day, but i supose I need more time. If i were with my friends watching sports, and if we spot a guy wearing 4.5 oxfords in the bar, most probably no one will care as well but i probably I will stare totally all the time, because i would definatelly would like to be the courageaus guy wearing those shoes, but also most probably the heeler wont see that as a complement, most probably if it was you CasieJ i would be making you feel bad or unsecure, without any intention. So I think the people that stares most probably are fans, and people that points are more than fans maybe jelous ones. Becasue i think there is no reason to hate someone in heels, as there are no heel hater in this planet (I Assume) and also because if there is any person with any issue toward crossdressing, sincerelly those people are much more discrete. And finally in a bar or a lounge, is supose to see anything and not aloud for kids or minors of age, therefore no problem. Tell me if you can wear 4.5 oxfords around disney? that would be something interesting. hope no one of you would dare, i dont think it can be a nice experience. thanks for sharing

V. Morpho

Wife and I needed to get a few supplies for the shop for valentines day Monday. We went to the flower factory (outlet store with everything). As we were walking in I noticed the pants I was wearing were showing most of my heel (boots in avatar). Wife said they look great!:thumbsup: As I was browsing I noticed a shelf with those little collectible high heels that I collect. I knelt to view the ones on the bottom shelf as a man and his 2 little girls walked up. He was interested in them also. I know he noticed my heels but didn't say anything. He just gave that look like its ok to be yourself. I should have struck a conversation but he left to soon. I'm sure he probably went back after I picked a couple out. Wife and I continued shopping for about an hour as people noticed but no stares, weird looks or anything like that. It was just another day in heels.:welcome:

real men wear heels

Well, managed, for the first time in a while, an "out-and-about" today. Went over to Burlington Coat Factory, wearing my 4 3/4" stiletto boots (like I wore on my B-Day), and parked far from the store. It seemed pretty dead in terms of cars parked, but once in the store, lots of people (I am assuming exchanging gifts). Looked for the pair of 5" (3/4" Plat) D'Oray (beige with a double plat, gorgeous!) in my size, but they didn't have it. The thing I noticed most was how nervous I was going in and seeing everyone there. That's when Johnieheel's attitude was driven into my head...and I shot right in. Now, I did get more stares than I'd hoped, but it was mostly from younger groups of teens. Though they looked, nothing was said. Besides, I had long black jeans on and the floor is carpeted there. I walked out with another sigh of relief and another thanks to guys like Johnie, Happy, JeffB, and other inspiring friends here! Oh, did also restock my debit card for en E-Bay purchase I won today (pair of 6" sandals...:thumbsup: at Walgreens, and again nothing bad...:welcome: Thanks all

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Stilettoscot: Good for you and the outing you went on. Hey, don't sweat about getting nervous, it happens to all of us, I know it still happens to me from time to time, but don't let the jitters keep you from going on outings. I appreciate being looked upon as an inspirational figure, and that I've helped you in my own small way.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Johnieheel:-) I wasn't aware that you ran a shop at your location. What type shop is it? Do you wear your heels in the shop? What reactions from your customers have you noticed? Questions---we have questions. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

To ring in the new year myself after going to a safe and sober New Year's model train event (did not wear heels there) I changed into my new Guess Teddie boots and drove from the event to a local restaurant in the boots and went inside in them. The boots were absolutely comfortable and quiet walking in them. No one noticed the boots, but they felt so comfortable and wonderful. Can't think of a better way to ring in the new year.

Johnieheel:-)

I wasn't aware that you ran a shop at your location. What type shop is it? Do you wear your heels in the shop? What reactions from your customers have you noticed? Questions---we have questions. TEE! HEE!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yes, yes, and yes. lol. Wife and I run a little hometown custom sewing, alteration, and embroidery shop out of the front of our house. We have an equal amount of men and women customers and yes, I do wear my heels, as I am doing right now, in the shop. The men haven't said anything but the women just treat me as the man I am and complement me for my style and how well I walk in them.

real men wear heels

Johnieheel:-)

Your shop sounds interesting, probably the kind that Mickey would be interested in looking at. Thanks for the up-date.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

We also have a little gift shop for the holidays. Come on up for dinner and visit sometime.

real men wear heels

Wife and I started out at the pet store today. Walked all over, was asked if I needed anything as wife was in another part of the store and no strange looks at all. Everybody noticed I was wearing heels and was admiring wifes boots also. We both wore boots with the same heel. Hers were brown and mine were black. Went into Giant Eagle for groceries and walked all around, both of us making a lot of noise with our heels. A lot of people noticed and a few men gave me that look of confusion. LOL:lmao: Just kind of glanced and loked away. That was it. Stoped at Walmart to get the rest of the things we needed and as we were walking up the isle, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was a girl from work and she noticed me from 20 or 30 feet from behind and came running up to say, I knew it was you John. A few men noticed but no strange looks, laughing, comments or anything like that. We made small talk for a few minutes, continued shopping, checked out and wife walked over to talk to another woman she knew so I just stood there, said hi, and waited for them to finish talking. We left and that was about it for our first 2009 outing in heels. Here is what we wore. BTW, yes, those are the boots in my avatar.:thumbsup:

post-3305-133522877488_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522877491_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522877493_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Great Johnie, looks like you are pretty much settledown with the heeling life, Tell us where would be the places you wouldnt dare to go with or without your wife, in heels, ...have you wear a dress or a skirt out? thanks for sharing, I like the boots of your wife more, sorry, but your yours are great as well. which sizes are you guys?

V. Morpho

johnieheel, couldn't figure out from your post - who wore their boots under their pants legs, and who wore them over?

jwhite 44. It was obvious from johnieheel's post and pictures who was wearing which boots.

From jonieheels post: We both wore boots with the same heel. Hers were brown and mine were black.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I am 9 us and she is 8 us. There is no place I would not go wearing heels. It's a part of me and goes where I do. No I do not wear skirts or any other particle of womens clothing at all. Not even hose. I wear mens socks with my heels. Both pair of boots come from Victoria Secrets and are made by Colin Stuart and are of the same style more or less. Only difference is mine have a lace up w/zipper and hers don't. Mine are blk and hers are brown. Hope this clears everything up. TU

real men wear heels

Johnieheel:-) Some of my boots are 8M and some are 9M so that puts me square in the middle of you two. Some coincidence, eh? Great outing for you two. nothing like enjoying doing things together. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!