OUT and ABOUT

johnieheel

. . . [snip] every now and then I notice a guy take a look at them, kinda like they're thinking they're a bit pointy [/snip] . . .

They are probably thinking "I like those - wonder where he got them?" They look so much like regular cowboy boots I doubt if anybody will notice there is anything different. Only you know the truth!

Have a happy time!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! You're among those who've made it through the transition to reality.

Please consider to share trips of your journey with the rest of us, so that we might follow suit.

I will be more than happy to share more outings with everyone as my GF and I really enjoy heeling together and taking vids but I've been really busy at work latley and haven't had time to get out much but you can expect some new vids around Christmas. With all the people out shopping, it should be quite interesting. She needs a new pair of black pumps and I can't wait to wear my new Baker ankle boots with 4" heels out shoe shopping with her. So be looking for more vids and pics around Christmas. Thank you all for the very incouraging and friendly replies. Merry Christmas to all.Johnieheel..

real men wear heels

• 1 year later...

Wife and I went on shopping spree today but didn't buy much but wanted to. The sales are on folks. We both wore our ankle boots. She wore her granny style lase up and I wore my Bakers 3 3/4" blade heel ankle boots. We started out at a Macy's in Canton Oh that is going out of business. Walked all around clicking our heels on the tile floors without hardly being noticed. I'm telling you, people just don't care. My heels were in plain view the whole time. Next stop was the Ambiance store for pleasure. Wife wanted to pick up a couple pair of nylons. The girls that worked there liked our heels. Then off to Joanne fabrics for some material for the shop. Wife is a seamstress. We walked all around making a lot of noise with our heels and only got a couple looks from a guy or two that said "oh well". Nobody else really noticed that I saw, but I really don't pay attention at what other people are doing either. After that we went to a buffet to eat and still very uneventful. Ok, now the big test, across the street to the Mall, Kohl's, Walmart. I was having a blast. Went into wilsons leather and was being treated with great respect from the man and ladies. Great time. Left there ,wife went to restroom, and I went to the vitamin shop and talked to the guy about different whey protein for a few minutes while I waited for the wife. Was treated very normally. Then we went to Kohl's. Walked in and a young couple was in the check out lane and I herd a laugh. Turned to look and he was looking straight at me. No big deal. Still not sure if it was about me or not. Continued to walk away but just had to turn and give him a show just in case it was about me and he was whispering in his SO's ear and she kinda looked at me but didn't seem to be concerned as much as him. That was the only thing that was disrespectful that I noticed the whole day and still not sure if it was about me or not. All and all it was a great day of heeling. Just for the record, now when I see somebody poking or making fun or whispering to there friend or what ever, I try to give them something to look at just to show them I know what I'm doing and really don't care what they think so there fun back fires in there face. LOL! Hope I didn't bore you all with my long and happy outing today. These are the boots I wore.

post-3305-133522851176_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Last night, we met up with a group of friends at a local sports bar. The big game (undefeated NFL team - not a football fan) was on and the place was totally packed. Sat on a hi-top stool in my 4.5" boots and if anyone noticed, they didn't show it. If anyplace I go in heels was where I thought there would be problems, this was it. Friends didn't notice or didn't say anything and all the drunk husky football fans were clueless. I expect that group to be the types to point and make a big deal out of it but nothing happened. Confidence level +1 CJ

Thats what I'm talking about! I have come to believe that we have arrived in the public eye for being accepted for our own individuality and nobody really cares that we wear heels. So those of you who are still a little hesitant about getting out in public, don't be. Just do it and be yourself and have a good time.

real men wear heels

Went to Walmart last night wearing my new Blossom mj's. Past by a couple people I work with and no comment, just a hello and happy new year. After that, as the wife and I continued to shop and just look around, people started to notice more than usual. The heels were very loud and as we walked by a family with 2 little girls and a boy, one little girl noticed something different on my feet and pointed it out to her mom and dad.LOL Needless to say, they had to go out of there way to get a look so I just went about my business as usual. This was a very unusual outing do to the fact I believe that my loud heels were attracting more attention than usual. As we were walking toward another family, the mom heard my clicking and slowed way down so my wife, btw, who was in heels also, slowed down and in turn made me slow down so the lady could get a good look at a man in heels. Now it was getting fun. We continued to shop a little more and I believe after everyone in the store had finally realised there was a man in heels running around, the excitement was over. It's great!!!!! We went to the check out, stood in line and the rest was pretty much uneventful. My wife is soooo cool about this and is beginning to have a lot of fun.

post-3305-133522851201_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Great looking shoes, and another great outing for you Jonieheel, keep telling us about your adventures and reactions you get I for one love hearing about them.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I went shopping today. I wore my tommyhill knee high 4" stack heels and she wore her new 3" blade ankle boots. Went to Joanne fabrics for a few supplies for shop and as usual, nothing. Not even a stare that I noticed. Then we went to a craft supply store and the lady who waited on us looked and smiled. That was it for there. I noticed people glancing as they heard me coming but didn't seem to surprised. Just went about there business. Then out to dinner to a fine Mexican restaurant and not even a look. Our local walmart for milk and home . Stopped at the local video store around the corner from the house and rented a couple movies and looked around but once again , not even a stare. I did notice a few women and 1 or 2 men with smiles on there faces and gave me that look of approval threw out the day. All and all just another day. Here are some pics.

post-3305-133522851736_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522851738_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522851739_thumb.jpg

post-3305-13352285174_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Wife and I went shopping today. I wore my tommyhill knee high 4" stack heels and she wore her new 3" blade ankle boots.

Went to Joanne fabrics for a few supplies for shop and as usual, nothing. Not even a stare that I noticed.

Then we went to a craft supply store and the lady who waited on us looked and smiled. That was it for there. I noticed people glancing as they heard me coming but didn't seem to surprised. Just went about there business.

Then out to dinner to a fine Mexican restaurant and not even a look.

Our local walmart for milk and home . Stopped at the local video store around the corner from the house and rented a couple movies and looked around but once again , not even a stare.

I did notice a few women and 1 or 2 men with smiles on there faces and gave me that look of approval threw out the day. All and all just another day. Here are some pics.

Johnie, I just wanted to say a special thanks for your efforts and time. We have a lot of people that pop into this forum and think they are going to start a revolution of men in heels.

But it's the "Steady Eddie"...the continuous effort over time of esteemed members like yourself that will really make the difference in the long run.

Thank you for your dedication, inspiration, and perspiration. I sincerely hope you continue to enlighten us with your posts and hope to some day meet you in person.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Johnieheel Thanks for showing us that REAL MEN WEAR HEELS. You are an inspreation to all of us. When I leave work everyday I put on my 3" loafers for the ride home (40 miles), will last night the wife called me and wanted me to stop at Wal-Mart and pick up somethings so inspired by you I wore my heels into the store. I was wearing a pair of black Wrangler boot cut jeans that just showed the bottom of the heel. If anyone noticed no one said a thing but it felt great! Thanks Johnie.

Johnieheel

Thanks for showing us that REAL MEN WEAR HEELS. You are an inspreation to all of us. When I leave work everyday I put on my 3" loafers for the ride home (40 miles), will last night the wife called me and wanted me to stop at Wal-Mart and pick up somethings so inspired by you I wore my heels into the store. I was wearing a pair of black Wrangler boot cut jeans that just showed the bottom of the heel. If anyone noticed no one said a thing but it felt great! Thanks Johnie.

It really does get easier. No body really cares and the ones who do, well so what.

Sometimes if i start getting a little self conscious I will see a man with earrings and think to myself, well that guy is wearing earrings so whats wrong with me wearing heels, or something like that. For the most part, just be yourself and who cares what others think. It's your life, not there's.

BTW, thanks for the complement.

real men wear heels

those are my thought exactly johnnieheel, I figue that guys can wear earings, then I can wear heels (my NINE WEST & DEMONIA), I see NO difference!

Well, I did it. Woke up feeling like doing something different, so I went to a restaurant for breakfast in 4" heel knee-high boots and a jeans skirt. Not trying to appear "womanly", because I am totally bald by the razor. Can't wait to do it again. Also, shopped at k-mart, but deceided to switch to my high-heel (4") clogs.

Well, I did it. Woke up feeling like doing something different, so I went to a

restaurant for breakfast in 4" heel knee-high boots and a jeans skirt. Not trying to appear "womanly", because I am totally bald by the razor. Can't wait to do it again. Also, shopped at k-mart, but deceided to switch to my

high-heel (4") clogs.

Thats great! get any reactions from others?

real men wear heels

No reactions, positive or negative. The only reaction (that I've been:w00t2: aware of) was when I was wearing open-back Bastad clogs (still my choice in daily footwear since 1979). A sidewalk vendor let out a guffaw that I am sure he wanted me to hear. Must have been an insecure guy.

Most people I would say that have a problem with men wearing heels have a lot of insecurities and the only way they know how to release is to put someone else down who is being there self and doing there own thing because they aren't man or woman enough to be there self. They pretty much just follow the crowd. You know, monkey see monkey do!

real men wear heels

. . .The only reaction (that I've been:w00t2: aware of) was when I was wearing open-back Bastad clogs (still my choice in daily footwear since 1979). . .

The standard wood-soled open-back clog with the 1.5 - 2" block heel is pretty much unisex!

Definitely insecure.

Have a happy time!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Wife and I went out today to do a little shopping. I wore my Tommy hill knee highs w 4" stack heel and she wore her fav ankle boots. Went out to eat and was sat at a table where everyone could see my heels.The pants I wore today revealed my heels more than usual especially when I sat down at the table. Pants came to my ankles. It was great! Still just a few looks but no response. Had to stop at Joanne fabrics for a few things and as usual. No response and not even a look that I noticed. I think they're just getting used to seeing me in heels.LOL From there we went to the vitamin shop to pick up a couple things and that was a little different. I walked in and headed where I needed to go and wife let me know that the man who greeted me walking in couldn't take his eyes off my heels as I walked passed him. O BOY! opportunity! I then turned and started asking him questions about some of the products I was about to purchase. He was very nice in helping me decide which one to buy for the price and quality. Checked out and as we walked out I could feel his eyes upon my feet.LOL Now he has something to tell his children or who ever.haha! Then we went to Lowes to get some sign material for the shop for a new sign and that guy was quite interested also but no comment. Watched us all the way to the car.lol. Time for coffee. Stopped at Starbucks, stood in line and it was like just another guy in heels. Nobody seemed to be interested. Felt great! Then home. All and all, just another day in heels. I have to admit, at times, I had forgotten I was even wearing heels and when I thought about it, it was a great feeling to know that I can go out wearing my heels as my every day apparel and for the most part, nobody really cares. Keep on heeling! Johnieheel

real men wear heels

I like it Johnieheel. Proof that people really don't care what you wear...as long as you act as if they won't care the result is that they won't care. At the last NYC fashion week for example, there was a guy who wore long dresses in monochrome colors--everyday. He was careful in his presentation: his hair was long and well done, his facial make up was neatly applied, and his accessories were always well coordinated. He had a nonchalant aura around him too. He didn't look around to see if people were staring. He just did his thing. As is usual, Attitude + Attire = Assimilation.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

johnieheel You and Latindancer are really setting the standard for the rest of us. I know it takes a lot of nerve to go out in your heels, but by your's and Latindancer's posts most people ether don't notice or just don't care, the more men step out the more accptance there will be.

As I have been spending every weekend in heels, out and about, I am really amazed and happy that most people don't notice and no one says anything. At TGI Fridays today, the server noticed as I was on a high stool but she didn't say or do anything. I was hoping she would bring it up. No such luck. My wife said "she keeps looking at your feet." CJ

Well, the way I see it is just think how many people have seen a man in heels now, and won't be surprised when they see it again. So if they walking around somewhere with there friends and you or I go walking by in heels, the one who has already seen it will probably say something to his friends in regards to, "that's nothing new, I've seen it before".

real men wear heels

Johnnieheel, Exactly the point, the more board members get out in heels, whatever style, and as long as the whole look is right and not too shocking i.e. it must not be easily given a label (Goth, Fetish etc), then other people can see it looks right and more importantly, wish to incorporate the look for themselves. Hence my feeling that block heels are better than stiletto heels for men as the former is sturdy whereas the latter is dainty. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hence my feeling that block heels are better than stiletto heels for men as the former is sturdy whereas the latter is dainty.

That's one reason why I won't wear heels in public. I detest block heels. I won't even look at womens shoes if they have anything thicker than a stiletto heel. In other words, the more feminine the shoe, the better to add to my collection. Unfortunately, most of the guys who go out in heels and post about their experiences wear block heels when in public. Those posts do not inspire me.

You really want to inspire me? Go out heeling in a pair of 4" stilettos. They can be boots, just as long as they're no shorter than 4" and are stiletto heels. I would love to be inspired to try these on in public:

http://pleaserusa.com/pic/Seduce-1020.jpg

I adore ankle boots, and would love to have the confidence to wear those in public.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma