OUT and ABOUT

johnieheel

SandalFan - Just to tell you, I go out in stilletoe everyday. No, they are not greater than 4" but I still go out in stilettoes. If you want to read my thread, then go ahead, it's the "My heeling out experience". It's fun, and looks better than block heels. My heels average 3.5". Latindancer

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have worn all kinds of heels out. I do not limit myself to just stiletto's, block, stacked or anything else, but most of my heels are 4" and up and thats what I wear everywhere every day. I do it for me!

real men wear heels

That's one reason why I won't wear heels in public. I detest block heels. I won't even look at womens shoes if they have anything thicker than a stiletto heel. In other words, the more feminine the shoe, the better to add to my collection. Unfortunately, most of the guys who go out in heels and post about their experiences wear block heels when in public. Those posts do not inspire me.

You really want to inspire me? Go out heeling in a pair of 4" stilettos. They can be boots, just as long as they're no shorter than 4" and are stiletto heels. I would love to be inspired to try these on in public:

http://pleaserusa.com/pic/Seduce-1020.jpg

I adore ankle boots, and would love to have the confidence to wear those in public.

Sandalfan,

Ok, so it may not inspire you and I understand you love thin heels - who on here doesn't :santa_hat: BUT, until heels for men are the norm, and when they do, they will be block or cuban styles, THEN you can go further with heel design. We have to walk before we can run.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Pretty much the same story. Wife and I went to the flower shop today to register as members and get our buyer's card as vendors. We both, as usual, wore our heels. Our Noisy heels! We were treated very professionally. It was great. I don't even think the girls noticed my heels until we walked on into the store with concrete floors and heard us. It was like a contest of who's heels made the loudest noise as quite a few people turned and gave a quick glance down every isle we walked. No comments strange looks or disapproval that I noticed. We were there for about an hour shopping for things for the shop and had a great time. Went to eat and as usual, uneventful. I'm going to have to change my look a little next Sunday I guess and possibly wear thinner heels. As for the most part, just another Sunday in heels.

real men wear heels

I've worn stilettos in public, as many people on this forum will testify. I don't think they particularly suit me though. For me there is a difference in what heels I like to see on women and what I prefer wearing myself.

Ditto Firefox. I just don't think spike heels are for me as for out and about. I have a pair of really nice Tommyhill knee highs with a 3" block heel that I wear quite a bit but my favorites are 4"-4 1/2" stack heels for wearing in public. Boots and MJ's mostly.

real men wear heels

I had to get my car from the long term parking at the airport. To do that, I had to take a train and two buses to do so. I had these boots with me and had planned on changing in the car to go home but instead, found the opportunity on the last bus as the rear area had cleared out. So, I wore the Steve Madden leather boots with the 3" blade heel to get off the bus and walked past the terminal and into the long term lot to get the car (a long and pleasant walk in boots). At least one of the outside terminal employees noticed but didn't make any remarks.

I then went and got gas on the way home (pumped by the attendant) but stopped in Connecticut on the parkway to go to the rest room, still wearing the boots. I know that one of the employees was staring and I know that some other men noticed, but, oh well....... I was going to make another stop but was tired and went straight home.

That was a charge!

post-9697-133522852516_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Another Sunday in heels. Wife and i went to Lodi Oh to get our taxes done by her sister-in-law. Wife wore her 3" granny ankle boots and i wore my 4" tommyHill knee highs. Stopped to get gas and the attendant had to come out and help me with my discount card. Wouldn't scan. She never noticed. On the way to Lodi we stopped at a gas station so I could go in and use the john.lol A few looks from the local farm boys but I don't think they could really figure it out. I had on a leather coat, leather stocking cap my wife got me at Willsons leather, black jeans and boots. Very out of place for them farm boys. Fun, fun! Got to her s-i-laws office, walked in making one heck of a racket with our heels walking down the hallway in this small office and was greeted with a smile. She has got wind of my heel passion because my wife gets a small thrill about telling family members and everyone else about it. It's a good thing. We sat through the session with friendly conversation and never a word about my footwear. Then when we got up to leave, I turned around to say bye and I believe she finally caught it. Sort of a strange look with a smile.LOL! Then we decided to go to the out door inlet mall in Lodi for a little shopping and dinner. Very uneventful. At the last moment as we headed to the car we seen a 70%off all shoes. YE HAAAAA! Wife walked in, tried on a pair of ankle boots with a 2 1/2 in. heel paid and headed home. Never took them off. Stopped at Joanne fabrics for a few supplies, wife went one way and told me to go ask the lady to get her a certain material. I followed the lady around the store as she walked very fast and me clicking behind her. She was an elderly lady and soooo sweet. Found me what we were looking for and never said a wore about my noisy heels. She was a very fun and happy lady. Had a nice but short conversation about a little of everything, but shoes.lol On home but now it's time to eat again. Stopped at a chinese restaurant by the house, had dinner with heels in plain site and not even a strange look. The End.

real men wear heels

Yes, one problem is following speedy sales help around the store. Happens at electronics retailer (Fry's) the other day, you just can't keep up in 5" heels! but I do find that when pressed, I can cover some ground - and when hustling, it gives you a chance to not even think about being in heels.

Yes, one problem is following speedy sales help around the store. Happens at electronics retailer (Fry's) the other day, you just can't keep up in 5" heels! but I do find that when pressed, I can cover some ground - and when hustling, it gives you a chance to not even think about being in heels.

True, you can cover some ground when pressed. I know this lady had to know I was wearing heels because it was closing time and we were the only customers in the store and my heels were NOT quiet to say the least. She was so considerate, like it was just another guy in heels. Never even aknoledged that I was wearing them. She was so sweet.

real men wear heels

Well, here I go again. After lurking here for a year and a half, I've deceided to start posting. My recent visit to the dentist was in my knee-high 4-inch-heeled boots. No big deal, but my nex:clap: t visit will be in my open-back 4.5" clogs, but I don't think that I will wear the jeans skirt that I am wearing as I write this. I will, however, wear it to Circuit City tonight, while I get some things to keep the ol' computer happy (along with the aforementioned clogs).

• 3 weeks later...

Wife and I went to Joanne Fabrics, the mall , taco bell, and church Sunday. I wore my 4" stacked heel tommy hill knee highs and wife wore a long skirt with her lace up ankle boots. She looked GREAT! While at Joannes, we were looking at a new sewing machine to buy for the business and started chatting to a man that was looking for someone to sew something for him. Don't know if he ever noticed or not but I started up a conversation and next thing we knew, we talked him out of buying a machine and bringing his project to us. LOL Then we talked to the lady for a while about the machine we were interested in. The whole time, I was moving around and making noise on the tile floor with my noisie heels and no one even blinked. So normal. Then off to taco bell for a quick bite. Ordered our food, sat down and ate. The people working there noticed and acted like it was just a guy in heels. Even called me sir a couple times. Then another man came in and sat down across from us and my Ruthheel said he was very interested in my boots as he kept looking over at my heels. Never a disproving or strange look though. Probably thought it was just something new.;) To the mall. We went in at one end at Dillards and right to the shoes. Still quite a few on the 75% racks. Noticed a lot of 10's and 11's. Then we entered the mall and shopped for about an hour looking at a little of everything but mostly shoes. Stopped at radio shack for a plug and new bis. phone and was treated normal. Noticed one guy kinda tough looking, went around us, looked, and just kept going. I was sure I would get a 2nd look from him but he just didn't seem interested. Off to church. Went in ,sat down, had a great sermon as usual and went home. All and all, just another GREAT as a man in heels.

real men wear heels

No business today, just fun shoe shopping. Great chance to wear my new 4" mary janes with stack heel. Wife wore her 4" stiletto heel mj's. First we went to Burlington Northern and tried on shoes. She found a really cute pair of d-orsey style 3" heels for 20.00. Then off to DSW. We were there for about an hour, both of us picking out and trying on heels for each other. People walking all around like nothing was going on at all. It was a BLAST! Before that we went into a little shop next to DSW and I tried on a pair of 4" stiletto d-orsey style heels that were on sale and looked second hand but they wanted 40.00. Way to much. ;) Then off to eat at BOB Evans. A couple looks and the lady sitting alone across from us seemed to enjoy seeing a man in heels but tried to be nonchalant about it. Would look over and smile every so often as my shoes were in very plain view for everyone to see. Then stopped at Circuit City for a moment and then home. Stopped at the Mini Mart to fill the water cooler jugs and had a little chat with another man waiting to fill his jugs. Never noticed my heels or just didn't care. One other thing. Last night at the grocery store in Canton we ran into a fellow worker and his gf and he never seemed to notice or just didn't say anything but we talked for a good bit. Don't know about where you all live but around here, nobody seems to care what you wear. I do believe times are changing so guy's I can honestly say, in Ohio US, it is safe to wear your heels where ever you want without ridicule. Thats my experience anyway.

post-3305-133522853955_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522853956_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522853957_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522853958_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Johnieheel, I'm headed to Ohio, Where I live, it's 50-50. Either there are smiles, snickers, cute comments, or friendly stares, or it's LOL and pointing followed by derogatory comments and even phony wolf whistling. It just doesn't bother me any more. Every Saturday I venture to certain stores in a section called Old Town, and spend the day out-and-about in high heels. I just bought two new pairs this week. I'm off work Friday, so I will be test driving them then.;)

Well, here I go again. After lurking here for a year and a half, I've deceided to start posting. My recent visit to the dentist was in my knee-high 4-inch-heeled boots. No big deal, but my nex:clap: t visit will be in my open-back 4.5" clogs, but I don't think that I will wear the jeans skirt that I am wearing as I write this. I will, however, wear it to Circuit City tonight, while I get some things to keep the ol' computer happy (along with the aforementioned clogs).

It was too slippery outside to wear the 4.5" open-back clogs, so I made the

visit in a comparable pair of 4", and had no traction problems or other negatives. The half-inch makes more difference than I would have expected.

OK, Johnieheel, I'm headed to Ohio, Where I live, it's 50-50. Either there are smiles, snickers, cute comments, or friendly stares, or it's LOL and pointing followed by derogatory comments and even phony wolf whistling. It just doesn't bother me any more. Every Saturday I venture to certain stores in a section called Old Town, and spend the day out-and-about in high heels. I just bought two new pairs this week. I'm off work Friday, so I will be test driving them then.;)

Where exactly is Old Town?

real men wear heels

Well, this morning I went to the Mall to Macy's in my 4" Colin Stuart knee high stiletto brown snakeskin boots (under the jeans not over, but the heel was quite visible). It was a nice sunny day walking across the parking lot and quite bright in the store (few customers when the doors first open). I went here and there, bought this and that and people looked but no one said a word. Not the woman who was next to me at the door before the store opened to the salesgirl at the register.

Then went to DSW and Nine West but that's a different thread.

post-9697-133522854495_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522854505_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522854514_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Pretty sharp boots there, Bootking! I like them a lot! You should've worn them over your jeans, give the rubes at the mall a thrill! Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Jeff,

If things work out as planned, I'll be driving a car to Florida. I have a new pair of black knee high Nine West Gallivant boots that I would most definately wear over the jeans. They are really sharp! When I first saw them, it was like "to die for!"

It's all about the heel!

Very nice boots, Bootking. I like the way you wear them over your jeans. Very bold and daring. Great phots. Thank you for sharing them with us. Johnieheel... Old Town in our city is a refurbished section of the older part of our city with some unique old stores. Most of the owners welcome me and my high heels with open arms.;)

This is ruthheel posting under johnieheel. Just want to say Hi everyone and tell you about our outing today in our heels. I wore my lace up ankle boots with a three inch heel. Johnieheel wore his four inch stack heel, mary janes. We started out at Coles. Johnieheel got some cool pants to wear with his heels. For the most part it was basically uneventful except for the heads that turned as we walked by. One little girl turned to her mother and pointed out johnieheel's shoes and the mother looked at him and smiled. We went to the vitamin shop where johnieheel had quiet a discussion with the salesperson concerning weight training. I bet that guy is still scratching his head after noticing johnieheel's four inch stack mary janes. It is quiet fun to watch peoples faces in wonder as we walk on our merry way. From there we went to dinner. Johnie changed into his steve madden over the knee boots. As far as we know no one noticed at all. My oppinion is: for you guys who want to wear heels. Just wear them and be yourself. Wear them with confidence and don't worry about what others think. Personally I love it when johnnieheel wears heels when we go out. I think if a man wants to wear heels, he should wear them he should wear them with confidence.

post-3305-133522854794_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522854797_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Today after grocery shopping, my wife and I put all the groceries in the trunk and I returned the cart. I was wearing my tommyhill kneehigh 4" stack heel boots. I turned around and young lady probably around 23-26 was on her way to return her cart also but had a big smile on her face. This was definitly a smile of "you are looking good dude!" My wife really enjoyed that one. I returned the smile with a little wink.;)

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...

Wife and I went to Canton today to do a little shopping for the shop. I wore my 4"stacked oxfords w/ black jeans and she wore her 3" wide strap mary janes with black straight leg jeans. Started out at the flower factory and spent about an hour and 100.00 there for Mothers day arrangements. A couple second looks but no big deal, snickers or anything like that. Seems once people see it, it's no big deal. Thats a good thing. Lets me know that people are being more tolerant of a man in heels as if it's just another trend. So be it. Next, off to Joanne fabrics for a little material. This was a bit more interesting. Walking around the store was no big deal even though these are the loudest heels I have and was walking with my wife and her very loud heels.LOL! Got to the check out line and a young man dressed in a nice purple shirt, tie, black slacks and ugly worn out black flat shoes in front of us with his mom couldn't seem to take his eyes off my heels. I believe he herd us walk up, look down at her shoes and then noticed mine:). The elderly lady behind me struck up a conversation about the long line and her husband waiting for her in the car so I offered to let her go ahead of us. I don't know if she noticed or not but it was fun talking to her while this young male was checking out my heels. We checked out at different cashiers about the same time and he staled at the door so I would go in front of him, which I was very happy to do.:roll: I could feel his eyes upon my heels as my wife walked in front of me and I obliged this young man by walking slow,loud and picking my heels up every step of the way out the door and across the parking lot. It was great!!! I'm thinking he really wanted to say something positive because the look he gave was a look of interest and not sarcasm of disapproval. He did not make me feel any discomfort at all. Then off to Bob Evans for a nice salad. Didn't even notice a look and home we went. All and all, another great day of shopping as a man in heels. :o

real men wear heels

....Got to the check out line and a young man dressed in a nice purple shirt, tie, black slacks and ugly worn out black flat shoes in front of us with his mom couldn't seem to take his eyes off my heels. I believe he herd us walk up, look down at her shoes and then noticed mine:)....

....I don't know if she noticed or not but it was fun talking to her while this young male was checking out my heels. We checked out at different cashiers about the same time and he staled at the door so I would go in front of him, which I was very happy to do.:roll: I could feel his eyes upon my heels as my wife walked in front of me and I obliged this young man by walking slow,loud and picking my heels up every step of the way out the door and across the parking lot....

....I'm thinking he really wanted to say something positive because the look he gave was a look of interest and not sarcasm of disapproval. He did not make me feel any discomfort at all.

An interesting outing indeed. I've found that, for the most part men, regardless of the age are more inclined to keep their mouths shut when they see other men in heels and won't say anything either insulting or complimentary while women are willing to offer commentary, something I encountered daily for some three years when I wore heels at the place where I worked. At least that fellow seemed to take some sort of interest in what you wore, so that can be looked upon as a positive. Good for you, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've had only a few men compliment me. They are the store owners whom I see regularly. Mostly women, and more mature women, are the ones that smile and make comments and compliments toward my high heels.

• 2 months later...

First time out in stilettos. Not that I ever had any fear of it but just needed to get the feel of it from reading about so many others here who wear stilettos out. It was great. Wife and I started at Joanne fabrics in Canton. Got a few smiles from the ladies and a few looks from the men who just wanted to make sure they were seeing what they thought they saw:smile: . No big deal, laughing, head shaking, or anything like that. Just another guy in heels and O WELL. Off to DSW across the street.:-? Wife and I had a blast there. First she found the cutest pair of ankle boots. (pics at the end of story) Then she pointed out a pair of MUDD knee highs for me. I kicked off my 4" stiletto mj's and tried them on.(btw the place was very busy in every isle) Then very nice looking lady in her late 20"s or early 30's came over and picked up a pair of brown, same boots, and slipped one on. I had already put them back in the box and put my mj's back on when I looked at her and said,"nice choice, how do they feel. She smiled and said " Got to get threw the pain for a little style, you men got it easy":smile: Opportunity! I then lifted up my pant leg and said, " not all men " and my wife, her and I laughed. We talked for a bit and she seen I was getting the same boots and complemented me on what cute shoes I had on and said her husband had no interest in heels at all. I told her about how mens shoes are flat and ugly and she totally agreed. She went her way and my wife and I went ours, trying on many more and having a blast.:o As we headed to the check out we just happened to go up the isle where the same lady, her husband, and her little boy were looking for runners. She looked at me, held up a couple other pair she picked out for approvel as her husband just stood there. Aperently she had already told him about the guy in heels as he did not act the least bit supprised. I told her , nice choice and then told her little boy, cool shoes and he replied, thanks! Husband was a bit of a dead head but maybe just tired of shopping. We met once again at the check out with them in front of us and we both bought the same MUDD boots. This was the most fun my wife and I have ever had in a shoe store. Well, after that off to lunch at Bob Evans, more shopping and for the most part, uneventfull the rest of the day but still great fun. Just a man in heels, no big deal. Sitting here telling our story wearing my new boots and wife and gf are waiting for me up stairs. Hope this hasn't been to long and boring.:cool1:

post-3305-133522862541_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522862544_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522862547_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522862551_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522862555_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels