Jenny's site

PostCode

Although the idea is not mine, I've decided to throw it out on the table. Bubba's been telling me I should get together with a few others and get Jenny's site situated on one server and get it updated/redesigned. As of writing this, I can't access her site. Not sure if the server it's running on is down orif the site is just closed. Regardless, I feel that her sites content should be preserved/updated. I've been considering a move of Missy's site to a different server myself. Although I haven't decided on which hosting service to move to, the hosting company I plan on moving to will allow allow the use of subdomains. I could host her site as a subdomain in it. Easy enough to setup and dump a site into. The maintenence would be easier as ftp access can be granted on an individual basis with no problems. So it would be something like this: jennys.whateverdomain.com. In my case, it would be jennys.missyshighheels.com. Bubba told me to get with a few others but for the life of me I can't remember their names now. So whoever is maintaining her site now, hosting it, updating it, or whatever, what do you think? Would a move of her site to a location where updating it would be easy be something everyone would agree on? As for bandwidth, I am looking at a service that has around 50GB to 70GB a month. That should be enough, although I'm not sure what Jenny's site generates in traffic.

Currently, Jenny's website resides on a private server from Pheels (Phil) in Paris. And looking at the logging information, it appears to have a problem right now, which started sometime during monday, july 9th. Also at present, Phil is the only one who has access rights to that machine for updating the contents of the website. But during a recent visit to the chatroom, he said he would work on giving others access as well (I assume after discussing that with Jenny). You also mentioned "redesigning" Jenny's website in the beginning of your post. Have you contacted Jenny herself about that? After all: she is the one who started this website, and it bears her name. Phil was restricting himself to hosting her site, not redesigning it without her prior approval.

I would be more than happy to talk to her about that...if I could just get ahold of her. No one seems to know or is willing to foreclose the information on how to get a hold of her. When I say redesign, I'm not talkinga bout any kind of overhaul. More of a reorganization than anything else. The navigation of the site seemed a little complecated. If someone could get ahold of her and let her know I would be interested in talking with her I would appreciate it.

Tom has a point. I don't believe PC, nor I, ever meant to modify Jenny's site without her permission. Another thing, Phil seems to be short of time for maintenance of Jenny's site. I also believe he would agree to share the tasks with other qualified individuals. I used the following email address for Jenny when I posed our plans to make Jenny's chat site a permanent room on spin: netmystress@lycos.com. Just tell her Bubba and Tom (NL) sent you :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It appears that Jenny's website isn't back up again yet. There is however a sort of "backup" site at http://www.chez.com/jennyheels

The only difference I am aware of between those two versions, is that on the "official" version the chatpages have been updated to reflect the new name *Jenny@come.to/high-heels* . The backup version lets you end up in a chatroom with the "old" name *Jenny@http//come.to/high-heels*

If that happens, type the following command to change to the room with the new name:

/join *Jenny@come.to/high-heels*

(start with a "slash", followed by the command word "join", followed by a blank space, followed by the current name *Jenny@come.to/high-heels*).

• 1 month later...