Silhouette's...nice heels, yes, but nothing larger than 42!

This is OK if you're Laurie, or Trolldeg? But for the rest of us... :grin::smile: By the way, how do you start a poll? (GRUMP--Terayon smarter than me :grin: )

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Well, one could ofcourse always mail them and ask for the availability in other sizes, the sizes mentioned on the site are all in-stock sizes. Unfortunately they don't have all their models on the site, I know they also have 5" models, not sure if they have higher ones. As for the polls, look at the bottom of the "new topic" screen..

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

agree with Laurie on that one. The heels in the pics look higher than stated. could it be that they are measured in a diffrent way? Anyone who lives nearby who knows anything about it? They have some nice styles, but I don't wanna buy boots that look high and turn out to be only 4". :smile:

agree with Laurie on that one. The heels in the pics look higher than stated. could it be that they are measured in a diffrent way? Anyone who lives nearby who knows anything about it? They have some nice styles, but I don't wanna buy boots that look high and turn out to be only 4". :smile:

Uhhm, maybe you didn't read my previous post. I said they definately have some heels higher as 4", but they might not be on their site. I bought a pair of 5,5" from them about two years ago (at that time they were on the site, not any more :grin: ). If you are not sure about the heelheight of a particular style in a particular size, just e-mail them and ask. I'm sure they'll be glad to provide you with any information you want.

Greetz, Jeff

---

I always have bought in their shop and not through the net but have found similar models offered with different heel heigths. It's amazing what they come up with from their stock room after any comment you make. It looks like somebody is listening to your critique by phone and quickly making alterations in the backroom to get the product ready within a few minutes. I would like to play Ali-Baba in that stockroom cavern for a weekend. All the ones I got so far are over 4 inches. Besides that, I'm not fascinated about the real heel height, as long as they look great and feel right, I do not measure. I'm not in that kind of competition and only measure them back home for the benefit of the readers of my website. PS: I suppose Jeff was the guy who was able to convince Silhouette to sponsor our forum: congratulations for this achievement. Anyway they owe it to us because I would like to see how much money all of us have spend at their store the last year, for me it's over 300 Euros and I've seen quite some money going over the counter during the first Euro heel meet.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I went to silhouette last sunday and bought these:

http://62.223.244.101/silhouette/html/nederlands/modelinformatie.asp?art=2418-10-5

They state that they are 10.5 cm heel hight and 2 cm plato hight.. After I messure them I come to en plato hight of 2 cm and a heel high of 12.5 cm. so the true heel hight is exacly 10.5 cm as it should be.

When I wore them in my car back home my feet started to hurt after about 10 minutes in them, but now I am wearing them now about every second I can at home to practice and they realy start to mold them selfe to my feet.

And Highluc you are right, I went in stated I wanted knee boots, she went in the back and got some 10 cm knee boots. I tried them on but because I have verry thick calvs they didn't fit me just the way i wanted, and actualy they wen't just the model I wat looking for. So I told the women who was helping me more what I wanted... She went in back and broucht me these.... the are just fine, look, feel and walk great...

After I wore them some time I decided to buy them and we had a verry nice conversation.. annybody who wants to buy high heels and is nervous about it go to silhouette it's the best.

After I wore them some time I decided to buy them and we had a verry nice conversation.. annybody who wants to buy high heels and is nervous about it go to silhouette it's the best.

She didn't by any chance tell you she sold the same boots to another guy November last year while there where about 8 more guys there browsing around the shop at the same time, now did she.. :grin:

I have exactly the same boots, size 41. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

She didn't by any chance tell you she sold the same boots to another guy November last year while there where about 8 more guys there browsing around the shop at the same time, now did she.. :smile:

No she did not, to bad. :grin: She dit tell me she liked it when she sold shoes like that and even higher, "that's why I do it" is what she said. :grin:

Uhhm, maybe you didn't read my previous post. I said they definately have some heels higher as 4", but they might not be on their site. I bought a pair of 5,5" from them about two years ago (at that time they were on the site, not any more :grin: ). If you are not sure about the heelheight of a particular style in a particular size, just e-mail them and ask. I'm sure they'll be glad to provide you with any information you want.

no, I meant that they have shoes on their page that look like they are higher than 4", but the text says they are only so. I'm worried that they maybe photographed in a smaller size or something like that. well, whatever. can't affort anything from them anyway at the moment. :grin:

of course im smarter than you, im smarter than everyone :smile:

You're letting yourBRAINgo to yourHEAD!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

They do not seem to have updated their Size up site for ages -this would probably explain it. Any idea if they have any new syles especially in larger sizes, and have they started accepting Credit Cards for online orders yet.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

They do not seem to have updated their Size up site for ages -this would probably explain it.

Any idea if they have any new syles especially in larger sizes, and have they started accepting Credit Cards for online orders yet.

There are not many new styles on the site yet, only some new thigh-boots, and they seem to go at larger sizes. Also a lot of shoes have moved to the sales section now, so I suspect we can see more new styles soon. To bad they have only updated the Dutch version of their site, the English one hasn't been updates for ages.

They do accept creditcards now, however you need to print and fax your order with the cc-details and your signature. There's no secure site yet.

Greetz, Jeff

---