Heels in Proper Mens Sizes

barney15c

Whilst looking at Ulitmate Shoes site they have produced something called the "Ruby Collection" basically a range of shoes in 1,2 and 3 inch heels in a huge amount of colours all specifically made for the male foot in Sizes 6 -13 and some 1/2 sizes between £19.99 and £29.99

I dont want this to look like some kind of advert for Ultimate Shoes but apart from places like Transformation which cater for the Transvestite communityand with a premium cost attached this is the only time i've seen a company produce heels specifically for males in mind and at a reasonable cost.

Ultimate shoes website is:

www.ultimate-shoes.com

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I think I've seen Ultimate Shoes at an exhibition I went to once. And I can vouch for Transformation being expensive. I've been in Euston a couple of times of late, and a friend pointed out to me that Transformation was just round the corner. So off I went, hoping for a bargain... No such luck. The best deal I saw was a pair of 5 inch stiletto boots, but despite trying the all the sizes from 8UK to 11UK I couldn't find a pair that seemed to fit properly, and they were nearly a hundred quid! OK, my fave wedges from Schuh were UKP59, but at least they're well made and they fit. Oh, and the staff were incredibly pushy. I'm normally a really bold and assertive person, but I nearly fled when they started on me! All in all, sod that for a lark.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

What's the point of going to Transformation when one could get a nice pair of heels for less that 20 quids in high street stores during the sales ? I don't think we are their type of customers, they seem to catermore for the "closet"-type. I have the feeling most of us have been out of the closet for quite a while and are bold enough to buy in a "normal" shop. I would like to add that this site + the old one helped a lot of us in being more assertive. Vanessa

Oh, I was curious, so I went in and had a look. It was just for the experience! But yeah, there's no point at all if you're brave enough to go for the high street, and lucky enough to fit in normal retail sizes.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I wonder if the regular shoe shops (not the fetish ones) realize that men are customers too and they should order bigger sizes of HH shoes, not only for the average female foot, which is 3-4 sizes smaller :smile:

HH forever!

As has been said earlier, some do. Brantano, for one, has a pretty good range up to about a UK11 or so. And I believe Barratts also has larger sizes in their 9+ range. Also, Evans have larger sizes, including boots with space for slightly larger calves. And, I think as women get taller, then the available sizes will creep up.

Hi Yamyam, You' re very right, BARRATS has a limited but fair selection up to size 10. I recently bought a pair of boots (heels 10 cm) and a pair of slingbacks (heels 9 cm) , both in size 10 and on sales in the Oxford street outlet. As I've already written so many times and will keep on repeating, GO FOR IT. Don't be shy, these shops - esp. in large cities - do have a fair proportion of male customers and the shop attendants are use to selling ladies shoes to male customers. They are always helpful and cool about it. You wil actually feel much more relax than in those so-called "TV-shops" where some middle-aged ladies makes one really feel weird. Cheers to all, Vanessa

Hi Yamyam

Hi!

You wil actually feel much more relax than in those so-called "TV-shops" where some middle-aged ladies makes one really feel weird.

Vanessa

So true :smile: I always wonder if other people like that kind of pushy atmosphere. I must admit, when I was there, one of the women was wearing a nice pair of 3" thin heeled knee boots, and the one thing I most wanted was her boots. Oddly, I was too put off by the whole experience to ask her where she'd got them. I wonder if she'd have been surprised by that :grin: