F Y I - I will be back shortly

Hi all:-) My heart doctor has just released me to go back to work with no limitations on what I can do. I contacted my boss and am waiting for her to schedule my work days and when she wants me to start. I will have to go back into the hospital again in January to have another stent put into another artery that is partially plugged. That will only lay me up for a day or two to have that done. That's the up-date for now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dawn -

I am glad to hear the doctor gave you the all clear to return to work. Laying and sitting around is not good for anything once recovery is well into progress.

Do take work slowly, Please remember your heart is needed for so much more then work........Also as your friend, I have to ask you..please do not miss your January appointment, it is of most importance..

I am truly happy your feeling better.

Warmly,

Katherine

Mrs.Heels:-) We have to wait until after the Holidays to make an appointment in January. When we do, you can bet that I will not miss it. I need to get the plumbing opened up with another stent. I will be starting back to work on a limited schedule with the option to increase it later to what I was working before the incident. Dressboots:-) Your right---modern medicine is wonderful and I AM benefiting by it greatly. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

Kneehighs:-) I have a doctor's appointment on January 19th, and I hope to make that schedule then. It's nice to be back to work again and to start to streetheel once more. I sure need a lot of practice as I haven't been able to do that for many months until now. I get up in the morning for work at 6 AM and I don't get back home until 6 PM. I sure am tired when I get home. I can only work 2 days a week for now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 3 weeks later...

Kneehighs!!! First of all, THANK YOU for asking about him, however, they COULD NOT do the heart cath & insert the stent. There is more than 80% blockage & at a point where by inserting the stent it could cause the calcium to crack & break up moving to a place where it could cause his death. Our cardioligist is like family to us & told us she would not even approve of the procedure being done on her own mother in the same condition. So Kneehighs, Dawn is back to square one on his STREETHEELING & here is the reason - he is scheduled for OPEN HEART surgery with a TRIPLE BY-PASS on Thurs. 1/25. We were waiting till after Thurs. to let you all know what was going on with him - but since you asked, I felt I should let you know now what I know. I will keep you all updated as to his surgery & recovery. So STREETHEELING is PUT ON THE BACK BURNER, (as the saying goes), for quite a while. We want to THANK you again for your concern & ask all his friends, (& mine), from around the world to keep us in their prayers in the coming days & weeks. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68

Kneehighs!!!

First of all, THANK YOU for asking about him,

:wink: Your welcome. Thank you for your update. Looking forward to hear about Dawns progress.

....snip..... he is scheduled for OPEN HEART surgery with a TRIPLE BY-PASS on Thurs. 1/25. We were waiting till after Thurs. to let you all know what was going on with him - but since you asked, I felt I should let you know now what I know. I will keep you all updated as to his surgery & recovery. So STREETHEELING is PUT ON THE BACK BURNER, (as the saying goes), for quite a while.

I'm sure this is a challenging time for the both of you. Many members here besides myself will be keeping Dawn in our thoughts. He is a great friend and has an equally great wife. I'm all ears if you ever feel the need to talk about your concerns online.

TOOTLES!!!

Mickey68

Tootles to you too! :D

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Just to let everyone know Dawn HH came thru the surgery well & they did do the TRIPLE BY-PASS. He had such good color today (pink cheeks) & the ventilator was out & he could talk a bit. So you could say I was a HAPPY CAMPER! Well that is all the news I have for now but will keep you updated. THANKS FOR THINKING OF US - IT MEANS A LOT.TOOLES!!! Mickey68

Just to let everyone know Dawn HH came thru the surgery well & they did do the TRIPLE BY-PASS. He had such good color today (pink cheeks) & the ventilator was out & he could talk a bit. So you could say I was a HAPPY CAMPER! Well that is all the news I have for now but will keep you updated. THANKS FOR THINKING OF US - IT MEANS A LOT.TOOLES!!!

Mickey68

:wink::fine::D:fine:

Thanks for the update!

Looking forward to hearing from Dawn in the future.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

HEY EVERYONE - GUESS WHAT - DAWN CAME HOME TODAY!!! He is tired & weak but that is to be expected. He & I both THANK YOU all for your good wishes. He will be back posting in a while when he has more strength. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68 Dawn HH

• 4 weeks later...

FRIENDS, ROMANS, COUNTRYMEN: Just kidding - but do want to bring everyone up to date on Dawn HH's recovery so far. He had a good report at our PCP last Monday & he doesn't need to go back for 4 months for his regular checkup.:o Now we only have 2 more doctors to get past! Our cardiologist on March 1 & the heart surgeon on March 7. He still isn't driving yet but is going to ask about that on March 1. I SURE HOPE HE WILL BE ABLE TO START driving - gals, get my drift!!! He hasn't forgotten all of his friends & will post in the near future - when he feels more energetic. He does tend to sleep more right now, but the doctor said that is normal for a while. He is reading quite a bit & actually ran a train or two in our train room. So you see he is coming along. Hope you all have survived thru this drastic winter - just THINK SPRING & it will be here SOON!;) TOOTLES!!! Mickey68 Dawn HH

Glad to hear Dawn's making great progress. Look forward to his return to the board - his inputs are always welcome! Send him my best wishes won't you.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 2 weeks later...
;) This is the latest & final update on Dawn HH's recovery. He has been to see his last doctor & has been released with flying colors. He started back to driving yesterday & hopes to return to work the week of March 26. He does need some cardio-rehab to help build his strength up which he starts in the near future. When he gets back to a more normal life schedule & stronger, he hopes to be able to wear his BOOTS again,(indoors & outdoors), & start to STREETHEEL again!!! YEAH! :o Thanks to everyone for all your concern & e-mails. It meant a lot to both of us & really helped him to recover quickly. He will start back to posting in the near future. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68 Dawn HH

Hi Everybody! Yes---It's Dawn HH's in person---and I'm back and just feeling up to beginning to post to everyone a bit again. I'm so glad to see that there have been so many new members that have joined the Board since my last posts on January 23rd. Since there are so many new ones and it is impossible for me to personally welcome them individually as in the past, let me now give you all a collective and big welcome now to our group and I hope to post to you and read all of your past posts to once again bring me up to date on everything. Your warm get well wishes has definitely made my recovery a much smoother one here for both Mickey and myself. It is still a long road to hoe, but I'm on my way. I have been O.K.ed to go back to work on March 26th, which will be Mickey's 65th Birthday, and I'm beginnng to drive again. YIPPEE!!! ;) Thanks again, all, and now on with the show. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 3 months later...

BELIEVE IT OR NOT I'M STILL AROUND! Sorry friends that I have not posted for soooooo long but we have been in a bind here at home. Mickey fell on April 2, broke her left ankle, and had to have surgery on April 3, and then after being in the hospital till April 12 was moved to a nursing home/rehab center for physical therapy. I just brought her home today! So between working, trying to run the house, keeping up after the dog & running back & forth to visit Mickey & do her laundry & all the foot work, I just couldn't find the time to post. NOT MUCH OF AN EXCUSE I guess, but there just wasn't enough hours in the day. Anyway, maybe with Mickey home & stable enough, I sure will find the time to start posting again. I seem to be getting stronger from my Open Heart/Triple By-pass surgery in Jan., but need to get some much needed REST first. Mickey goes back to her surgeon on July 5 & may need some more surgery after that - we don't know for sure yet. Let's hope not. So for now from both of us - TOOTLES & Cheers--- Mickey68 Dawn HH :smile:

Hi Dawn! I have been a little worried about you but health and family come first. Sorry to hear about Mickey's ordeal but it is good that she is on the mend. Sounds like you are pretty much over your troubles also!

Have a happy time!

Hi Dawn! The question wondering if anyone has head from you lately has been asked. It's distressing to hear of Mickey68's accident and encouraging to learn that she continues to improve. It won't be long before your life returns to "normal."