F Y I - I will be back shortly

To the many friends of DAWN HH, this is Mickey68 writing to you to let you all know that DAWN has had a moderate heart attack & is in the hospital at this time. He is out of ICU & was moved to a step down unit last night. They did a heart cath on Monday and inserted 1 stint in his clog artery. He has another artery 100% blocked (which we knew about) and another one starting to gather some blockage. The doctors are letting the last artery alone for the present time - at least till he recovers from this attack. He does have some heart damage but not that bad right now. Our family doctor told us today that in time he probably will need a by-pass. He asked me to send a note to you all so that you won't think he left the group. He is still quite interested to communicating with you all when he gets back home. He knows he hasn't posted in a while but truly hasn't felt up to it. But I'm sure once he gets back here & can just relax & not have to worry about any schedules, he'll be on line ASAP! I haven't posted for so long & not on the new system at all, that I hope this message will go thru. I posted under his name because he was already logged on & I didn't know how to get back on - so if I screwed up I'm sorry. I'll keep you updated on his condition & improvement (especially if this goes thru). Just want to say a big THANK YOU for being so kind to him & writing to him, he really enjoys the Forum. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. :rocker: Glad to hear he is out of ICU. Please pass on my best wishes and I hope Dawn recovers fairly quickly - he is a huge part of this community. Our thoughts are with you. Get well soon Dawn! :biggrin:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Mickey68 :biggrin:

Thank You for the update on DawnHH

Dawn has such a remarkably optimistic attitude. I hope he mobilizes every part of his heart, soul, body and mind towards a quick recovery.

As well, I hope you accept my :rocker: and sympathy. Dawn and you are a team and I wish your team the best of strength during this time of testing.

kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hey Everybody: First of all, THANKS for All the prayers, concerns & blessings - they surely have been answered. He's home now & resting nicely. Incapacitated for a while but that is expected. Looks good & has somewhat of an appetite. Is slower in moving around & tires easily. Must wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks, (which is a pain in the ***) & not permitted to drive for at least 2 weeks. Thought I was trying to kill him on the way home from the hospital!!! Never did like driving when he is the passenger - makes me nervous!!! And I was driving my old 1988 station wagon - just think if I was bringing him home in our Marauder!!! He thought the BIG ONE was on the way. TEE HEE!!! Well, that's about it for now. Thanks again for thinking of us both. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68 Dawn HH

Hi, Thanks for letting us know and let him know we all wish him a speedy recovery. we miss him here and look forward to him coming back. Also, Mickey, our thoughts are with you as well, heaven knows what you are going through. you have a lot of folk thinking of you. best wishes, Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Hello Mickey and Dawn - Both Gary and I are sorry to hear you are dealing with this and hoping it is but a small bump in the road of life, leading to much improvement in health! I shall hold you in the light until I hear you are back on your feet and (heels) again.. Warmly, Katherine and Gary

Once again I want to THANK YOU precious friends of ours through out the world for ALL YOUR KIND WORDS towards us in Dawn HH's recovery. He is coming along slowly but surely. It will take a while for him to build up his strength & stamina. I think once he can get off the heart monitor & can start to drive again, it will boost his spirits. He is right when he says the HEART MONITOR is a PAIN IN THE NECK 4ft lower. He forgets to take it with him even to the bathroom & of course it starts letting him know. We would like to go to the movies this week but I must call the heart monitor company to be sure he can use it in the theatre. I do try to get him out every couple of days - but of course not STREET HEELING. That will be way down the line after recovery but he vows to get back to it. We both want to wish you all a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING - I truly have a lot to be THANKFUL for - having my Dawn home & getting better. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68 Dawn HH

Dear Mickey69 and Dawn HH -

This is wonderful news indeed! Please tell Dawn that Gary 0618, and his wife Mrs Heels send him our best. Please tell him I said (A nurse) that he needs to take it one step (no pun) at a time. I am sure his heart monitor is completely portable, and it will do him good to get out a wee bit.

Friends.....HHMMM I do like that...

Be Well,

Katherine and Gary

I'm no nurse, but as a person whose dealt with a heart issue, I second Mrs. Heel's recommendation! Earlier this summer I was grossly overweight due to an unrelated medical condition, and started having some symptoms of heart trouble. So, I radically changed my diet and began biking to work. I had to take it very easy at first, just so that I wouldn't precipitate a heart attack. After a month I was comfortably well along and began interval training. By three months I was down 20 lbs and was at the point where I was passing obvious road-racing cyclists who were out training. I guess Lance was right - it's not the bike (my Cube is a racer, but it's at the bottom of the list with respect to being lightweight). It's really all mental. It didn't hurt that I grew up cycling, kept it up back in college, and ran track, either... But I'd been getting more and more out of shape for fifteen years straight, and it was taking it's toll. Similarly, my father, now 77, was diagnosed with high blood pressure and mild heart disease when he was 74. He stopped smoking, changed his diet, bought a treadmill, and remains 30 pounds lighter than he was three years ago. He no longer has high blood pressure or any sign of heart disease. So, it's possible, but definately, easy does it for a while! I'm very glad things are progressing.

DON'T WORRY - NEVER FEAR!!! DAWN HH IS STILL HERE!!! Boy---is it ever good to be back on the Forum again. I may not be able to post as prolifically here as I had before my illness for a while until I get my stamina back, but I'm going to try to post a bit along the way. Am I ever behind on happenings!!! Today is the first day that I have felt good enough to read all of the back postings in the "Hellos, goodbyes" thread, and I am very delighted to see how many new members that have joined since my last post a month ago, especially the new gals. It is impossible for me to welcome all of you personally, as I customarily do, so please all who have joined from about October 27th through today, accept my big blanket welcome to you all as I look forward to reading all of your posts and getting to know you all as friends. Mickey and I both want to express our thanks to you all for all of your well wishes, prayers, and phone calls to us during my recent illness. It is appreciated much more than anyone will ever know. It is the greatest to know that we both have friends all around the world. It is going to take a while, but you can bet I'm on my way. It is only 2 weeks since I left the hospital, but like I told Mickey the other day---I can't wait to get back into my heels again---and I will. Till later--- Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 3 weeks later...

As a further up-date---I have just been released by my PC doctor but he can't give me an O.K. to go back to work, which I'm looking forward in doing. That decision must be made by my heart doctor from which I have my check-up in a few days. Then I'll probably get my list of any necessary limitations. Cheers--- Dawn HH

hello Dawn HH am abit late to this thread have been busy i was sorry to read you had been unwell but am glad to hear you are back on the up again. i wish you all the best and good health for the future. cheers nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!