F Y I - I will be back shortly

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful...our prayers continue to be answered. Tell her that we all wish her well and expect to see her posting here again, soon.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...

Hello one and all:-) Well---We just got our electric back. Its been 10 days since a very heavy snow storm dumped 2.5 feet of the wetest snow on us and then it drifted also. We had no electric, heat, phone, TV, internet, etc, ec, etc. We did have water, but only cold. So we are getting back into order on everything, getting dug out, and finally back to work. We are O.K. and just wanted to let everyone know just why I haven't been posting lately. Now to start catching up again. Cheers--- Dawn HH Mickey 68

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Welcome back, Dawn. 10 Days without electricity. That must have been one Wing Ding storm. Lots of snow and cold temps. What did you do....go to a shelter? (With your bad legs, I hope you didn't try to shovel yourself out)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) A neighbor across the street had electric and he and I ran an electric cord over to our place and he loaned us an electric heater. Some trees came down and put quite a few of the homes in our area out of power. Other neighbors were supplying other neighbors with power too. Mickey, Fez the "Wonder Dog", and myself camped in our bedroom all of that time snug as a couple of bugs in a rug. The next door neighbor lady had a gas range so she could cook meals and brought us a hot meal twice a day. The next door neighbor and two neighbors across the street took turns and shoveled out our driveway over a period of a few days after shoveling themselves out. We had a lamp and we did a lot of reading during that time. Since our phones were also out, several differet neigbors came over at various times to make sure that we were all rght and comfortable and we were. Guess what? Its snowing again. When I crossed the street I slipped on the ice and fell across the curbstone. My top half was on the sidewalk and my bottom half on the street. I caught the sidewalk with my hands on the way down so I didn't hit my head, but bruised my right knee and badly bruised my left rib cage as the curb caught them. It knocked the wind out of me and an ambulance was called to take me to the emergency room at the hospital. As it turns out I'm badly bruised but I didn't break anything this time. I took a licking and I'm still ticking and I go back to work on Wednesday, 2days from now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Scarey times, Dawn. Please be careful when ever moving about on ice and snow. We've not always lived here in the sunny south (we even had our own Snow episode last week - snowed 4" over night and was gone by 10AM the next morning - just the way I prefer it if we are going to have to have snow at all.) Wonderful neighbors. And glad to hear everything is getting back to normal once again. Stay safe....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all:-) Two days ago I had to put Mickey back into the hospital again. She didn't seem herself and was drinking water like it was going out of style so I called the doctor and he said to bring her into his office right away to have him check her out. Her sugar numbers went sky-high and threw all orher numbers out of tilt. Her sugar was so high that it didn't even register on the instruments in the doctor's office. He immediately sent us to the Emergency Room at the hospital telling me to not pass go or collect $200 dollars but go directly to the hospital, which I did. She is still in the hospital but her numbers are now coming down near normal. She expects to be home in a couple of days, but that is her idea and who knows. Meanwhile myself and Fez, "The Wonder Dog" are once again keeping everything going as usual. I will keep you all posted on the events as they occur. Cheers--- Dawn HH Fez, "The Wonder Dog"

Please tell Mickey that she is continually in our thoughts and prayers. And remain close as you can to her and let her know how much you love and cherish her. Please keep us posted because we're sure the Doctors will soon have things sorted out and everything under control very soon. And, if anyone of us can do anything, just ask.

Hi Everyone:-) Well---as the Brits would say, everything has been sorted out with Mickey and she is now back at home. Now to get our lives back to normal once again. Thanks to all for your concerns during this time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 months later...

Hello guys and gals:-) Well, our old TV just pooped out on us and we had to go get a new one. Since Mickey is legally blind in one eye and her other one is getting worse, I purchased a web-TV set-up for her to post on years ago since she was unable to use a computer screen that was too small for her to see properly. The web-TV uses the TV set for a monitor and is much bigger than a computer screen. We have a battery operated key-board that shoots infra-red beams at the TV screen. Therefor there is no mouse to use. You box your changes and click on Enter to change the screens and use the 4-way arrows to move around the screen. I have been posting on this set-up for years now until the TV gave up its all. SOOOOOOOOOOOO! We got a new Samsung 46 inch set with all the latest whistles and bells available. Boy can I see my postings to you all real good now for sure as the lettering is much bigger and the color is fantastic. We also changed TV companies and now are on Direct TV with a satalite dish up on the roof. When the new TV was installed yesterday we couldn't access the web-TV in order to post. I just finished talking to the company in Seattle Washington and they told me just what to do to get the proper IP address to make everything work like it is supposed to. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes until we could get the system to work right. But it sure does now and Mickey is thrilled that she can see the bigger screen O.K. and is enamered with the clarity of the color. We didn't go to bed until 2 AM this morning watching our new set. I just can't wait now to see all of the pics that you guys and gals post because they will be much bigger, much clearer, and in much better color than before. Cheers--- Dawn HH Mickey 68

That's good news, Dawn. We're glad to have mickey back with us once again and please tell her not to be a stranger ....we need her advice and cool demeanor :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys and dolls---it's me again:-) Mickey fell in our dining room again by getting her artificial leg and shoe caught on the rug and it tipped her over onto the floor. As the English might say---"Thats not the way to Tip-a-rary"? TEE! HEE! Couldn't resist. Back to basics---When I finally scraped her off of the floor, I ask her if she had hurt herself and she said that she had brushburned her knee on the carpet, but otherwise she was all right. The next couple of days proved different. Thats when the pain set in. I wanted to take her to the emergency room at the hospital to get some x-rays taken but she didn't want to go. This is typical Mickey. Now I'm different as when something happens I go and find out if I am O.K. or not. So far I have been able to "Take a licking and keep on ticking" She didn't tell me this but on the way to the floor a door knob hit her ribcage under her right boob and gave her quite a jolt. She has a very large black and blue mark on her right bicep and several black and blue marks along her right outside arm from her wrist to the elbow. It seems that since she has only one kidney and it is on the right side, that too took a jolt on the way to the floor. Now her kidney isn't working right and she is in much pain which maybe could have been prevented if I could get her to the hospital earlier. Finally the pain was too much and I called her an ambulance and had them cart her to the hospital her protesting or not. That is where she is now and it is too early to tell just how much damage she has and just what can be done to set things straight if possible. I'll let you know when I find out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks for the update Dawn. I still vividly recall the day when I went to visit my grandparents and I had to rescue my grandpa off the floor as he had fallen and was unable to get up. While we didn't share the same relationship you share with Mickey, I still wish you and her my warmest regards and fastest possible healthy recovery.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Wow....that's really too bad, Dawn. After all she's been through we have been praying that she would have a "dry spell" in which she could recoup after some rather traumatic experiences associated with "getting well." We certainly hope there isn't any severe damage and, that after a few days rest and she regains here stamina. she will be able to come home. (Darn rugs -- even people without artificial legs occasionally trip over them....) Just let her know that we're all pulling for her and you and that we're expecting to hear good news in the near future. Dawn, how are you holding up? Do you need anything? If you do, just say the word. After all, what are friends for?

We are all sorry to hear of Mickey's mishap. I will definitely be keeping her in my prayers Dawn.

Amen to that. I wish her the best and a speedy recovery and will be thinking of you and her.

Kneehighs:-) Bubba136:-) Johnieheel:-) Roniheels:-) Both of my shoulders and back are sore from trying to get her up from the carpet as she really was a dead weight and did put the cabosh on my joints. Right now the seasonal allergies has clamped down hard on me and I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday to see about it so I'm not feeling top-notch myself right now. Besides all of that and spending time right now as much as I can with Mickey in the hospital in between working at the Science Center, taking care of Fez, "The Wonder Dog", and everything else. I will be fine and appreciate Bubba's comment on helping out, but I think that I have got it covered. I have done it before and I can do it again except now that I'm not feeling good, I have to pace myself. I visited Mickey at the hospital today to get things to her that she needs to be able to do her therapy, namely her leg and things needed to put it on and her walker. Mickey has learned of your concerns guys and is much appreciated of them and is using that to boost her spirits. Thanks ever-so-much guys. You are a great bunch of people and I'm honored to know you all. I can't tell you of anything on Mickey except that her kidney isn't functioning properly at the moment and she is very confused by it all but the doctors are trying to straighten her out on that. It may be a while before I know the whole story of what happened and why. Stick with me and as soon as I find out I'll let you all know. I'm going to lay down for a while and take a snooze and then I have to get up and prepare for tomorrow as I am on again at the Science Center. Cheers--- Dawn HH

You take it easy. I know when my parents were terminally ill, the stress and strain on one's self, especially with working and at that time a family to care for, can be overwhelming. Try to pace yourself and get as much rest for yourself as you possibly can.