Booter Voter Act

Stilletto2004

It's election day in the USA. The ads are finally over! lol. Anyway, I voted in heels. Jeans and some suede brown knee high boots (inside jeans) with 2.5" tapered heel. No events. But then it dawned on me to wear them to work and for the rest of the day. So that's what I've done - and here's the cool part. "Why are you wearing heels?" I point to the "I voted" sticker on them and say, whenever someone comments on my heels it reminds me to remind them to go vote. The people here at work are having a ball with it. Not only are they talking about my heels (and my ability to walk in them) but they are talking about doing their civic duty! And as WE all know - it's just an excuse for me to wear heels, lol.

Mike

Good for you, Stilletto!

I agree with your relief that we get a reprieve from the ads for a year or so. These campaigns seem to get more annoying and less informative all the time.

You have inspired me to slip on a pair of heels when I go to vote myself. It is all about freedom, after all!

Have a happy time!

Another Booter Voter am I, today. Inspired, I should add, by Stilletto2004, to wear my new Steve Madden heel boots. So, anyway, I went up to vote, only to discover that my polling place was secretly moved to another location. Fortunately, it was just a short stroll (in high heels) to the new place. I click-clacked my way into the new (Paul and Sheila) Wellstone building. Upon arrival, to my great relief, I was able to vote, without suffering a humiliating shoe inspection. It was all very patriotic, and I felt privileged to express my political will, while wearing my high heels and my new (blue) manicure.

Another Booter Voter am I, today. Inspired, I should add, by Stilletto2004, to wear my new Steve Madden heel boots.

Aww shucks... thanks.

And I'm LOVIN' my heels today. Had fun at a restaurant for lunch too - was all the buzz - 'He's wearing heels to remind people to vote!"

Mike

It's election day in the USA. The ads are finally over! lol. Anyway, I voted in heels. Jeans and some suede brown knee high boots (inside jeans) with 2.5" tapered heel. No events. But then it dawned on me to wear them to work and for the rest of the day. So that's what I've done - and here's the cool part. "Why are you wearing heels?" I point to the "I voted" sticker on them and say, whenever someone comments on my heels it reminds me to remind them to go vote. The people here at work are having a ball with it. Not only are they talking about my heels (and my ability to walk in them) but they are talking about doing their civic duty! And as WE all know - it's just an excuse for me to wear heels, lol.

That's way cool!