At last- I've got some heels!

Elegant

I've won this auction http://www.allegro.pl/item137023754_essence_sexi_duze_43_43_5_skora.html recently, and the boots arrived today. No one besides me, you and people at the Polish kinky forum know about them, but I'm gonna tell my momma soon. I wonder what her reaction will be :rocker:. I won't wear these boots out too soon- I've got to practice walking a bit, as these 9cm (3.5") spikes were quite a challenge at the first time. They look better than in the pictures, but unfortunately I've still got no camera to take some pics of me and my outfits. These booties fell really comfortable.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

eww, i dont get it.... why do ppl buy used shoes? Yeah theyre ok, theyre kinda cute - even if a guys gonna wear them, but, used shoes? no matter how good you clean them someones sweat, smelly feet germs are still gonna be soaked into the soles of those shoes and when you sweat your sweat mixes with their sweat and all sweat becomes one. Yuck, just buy them new. Payless has boots like that brand new for like 20 us dollars. you dont know if they have some nasty foot fungus thats soaked into those shoes. But as I always say, to each their own. Melly

eww, i dont get it.... why do ppl buy used shoes? Yeah theyre ok, theyre kinda cute - even if a guys gonna wear them, but, used shoes?

Melyssa

Who says they are used? Quite often, auctions are for new shoes....

Although I cant read polish so I dont know if they are used or new...

Definately worth finding out the facts before casting judgement!

payless has boots like that brand new for like 20 us dollars.

you dont know if they have some nasty foot fungus thats soaked into those shoes. But as i say, to each their own.

If you look at his post you will clearly see he is in Poland, which I believe payless dont ship to! And I'm sure poland doesnt have the variety that the US or the UK has...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Latest update... I told my mother. Never realized she could ever have such a dull attitude as THAT! She was worried, and said that people would laugh at me, that wearing "women's" shoes is not "normal" for a man, that "are you a transvestite?" question, and stated that this ridicule would cause isolation. I answered that hiding my true self and desires could do this WAY faster and stronger. I also told her that those who could poke fun could be some silly youngsters (and I don't care about them), and many women could compliment me. My mother told me that she didn't see any men wearing heels in the street, and I replied "I think many guys love heels, but they're hiding their passion because of the fear of ridicule- I don't!". I can understand her fears, but damnit, I've been working hard enough to gain more confidence, I did it (and still do) and I ain't gonna surrender! Momma says that these heels themselves are too thin to support my weight (I weigh ca. 80kg) and they could be acceptable if they were thicker. I wonder what she'd say if she saw TBG for example. Well, I began considering taking these booties to a cobbler for a heel change, or perhaps wearing them at a fancy dress party. No matter how hard my attempts to calm my mother down were, I didn't succeed in convincing her... yet. I'm gonna talk to her today (she went to sleep so that I had no opportunity for a longer talk) and tell her that men in 16- 18th century wore heels as tall as 12cm, and women can wear whatever they darn please (including ties and wingtips) whereas guys have a very narrow sartorial choice and I want to change this in my case. Oh, and I'd tell her about strict dress codes for females in 19/20th century and women wearing pants before this garment was embraced by mainstream fashion. Or guys with earrings. I think I should appeal to her sense of justice and tell me if this double standard is fair (I suppose that this question would knock her out). If she knew English, I'd definitely direct her here.

Melyssa

Who says they are used? Quite often, auctions are for new shoes....

Although I cant read polish so I dont know if they are used or new...

Definately worth finding out the facts before casting judgement!

If you look at his post you will clearly see he is in Poland, which I believe payless dont ship to! And I'm sure poland doesnt have the variety that the US or the UK has...

Alright, now I'm on my high horse. I DONT like getting jumped.

A. MANY MANY MANY MANY of you um, genetic straight MEN buy USED shoes all the time on ebay and other auctions. I HAVE SEEN you guys say: look at these shoes i won off ebay, or look at these boots i bought off of ebay.

and MOST of the time, they're um........USED ! I dont know, dont care if theyre new or used, I'm stating my opinion, that all of people buying used shoes! Gimme a break.

B. I'm more than darn sure SOMEONE has to ship shoes like that to poland.

now that I got that off my chest!

Melly

A. MANY MANY MANY MANY of you um, genetic straight MEN buy USED shoes all the time on ebay and other auctions. I HAVE SEEN you guys say: look at these shoes i won off ebay, or look at these boots i bought off of ebay.

and MOST of the time, they're um........USED ! I dont know, dont care if theyre new or used, I'm stating my opinion, that all of people buying used shoes! Gimme a break.

Melly

Foot powder, odoban, Lysol and alcohol works wonders. Besides most heels have very little material for an inner sole, easy to clean. :academic:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Melyssa, At least on eBay, any seller who makes it a practice to sell used merchandise as new will soon be buried under a heap of negative feedback stating so. I have seen used shoes listed, and they were clearly listed as such. I pass them by. I am not certain if you are talking about "used" as in "worn" or "tried on". Wear in shoes is pretty easy to detect because minor scuff marks and wear on soles and heels accrue very quickly. This is especially true with stiletto heels because of the small contact area of the heel tip. "Tried on" is another issue entirely. It is likely that a large portion of the displayed inventory in any shoe store has been tried on at some point in time -- meaning there has been a "foreign foot" in there. With the prevailing confusion in sizing systems, this is inevitable. As a case in point, I just ordered four pairs of shoes from an online vendor. They were all the same size and two pair fit great, one pair was too tight and one pair was too short. Two pair are going back. That's a 50% acceptance rate in this rather small sample but you know those shoes are going to be re-sold. As long as we shoe buyers know what we are getting, new or used, we are OK with the price and we like what we get, I don't see the problem.

Have a happy time!

Latest update... I told my mother. Never realized she could ever have such a dull attitude as THAT! She was worried, and said that people would laugh at me, that wearing "women's" shoes is not "normal" for a man, that "are you a transvestite?" question, and stated that this ridicule would cause isolation.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems you were in such a rush with your new boots that you just had to tell your mother how happy you were. I felt the same after I bought my 1st pair of stiletto boots but I managed to control myself and gave it a 2nd thought. I finally decided that stiletto's would not be acceptable and gave them up alltogether for more masculine boots with lower, thicker heels. I enjoy these even more because I think they look better AND they are accepted and I dare to venture out now.

Maybe you should have started a little lower and thicker with your heels. I know getting something in a large size is difficult but for me the fun is not so much in the height of the heel anymore. It's the fact that I wear stylish boots with a touch of feminine refinement instead of these male 'blocks'.

I can also understand your mother's concern regarding reactions of others. Last month I visited a trade fair in Poznan and there were a couple of things I noticed about your fellow countrymen:

- I have never been treated so unfriendly as a foreigner

- The Polish women are truly beautiful. I haven't seen so many sexy, spike heeled pointy booted beauties in a year as in one day on this fair and in town. My colleague and I were wondering what was being sold on the fair... Amazing!

- In the city, a lot of these beauties were walking next to 'skinhead-types'. They don't look to open minded and friendly and it's obvious the women are more sophisticated and modernized than the majority of the men.

Don't take this the wrong way but it's honestly what we observed. I wonder how your view is, did I get the wrong impression?

Good luck.

Melly

Easy there Miss Judgemental!

I've bought a couple of pairs of used boots from eBay, and have been very happy with them. Unless what you're selling is brand new, you have to list it as used. If the seller has a good reputation, and states that they've only been worn a couple of times, I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to get hold of a pair of boots either for a bargain price, or that I can't find anywhere else.

Just so as you know, every pair of boots that I've bought listed as used has been in excellent clean condition, inside and out, often with no signs of wear besides the odd mark on the sole or crease in the leather.

You may personally never consider buying a pair of shoes that someone else might only have tried on, but that doesn't mean nobody else should.

Chris

ps. sorry for going off-topic, but that got my goat.

A. MANY MANY MANY MANY of you um, genetic straight MEN

Yes you are on your high horse and it appears to me that you've got a bit of an attitude. There are a lot of genetic straight men on the forum, and a minority of genetic gay men. What exactly do you mean by "um"? IMHO a little more courtesy and a little less attitude would make your posts much more readable.

eww, i dont get it.... why do ppl buy used shoes? Yeah theyre ok, theyre kinda cute - even if a guys gonna wear them, but, used shoes? no matter how good you clean them someones sweat, smelly feet germs are still gonna be soaked into the soles of those shoes and when you sweat your sweat mixes with their sweat and all sweat becomes one. Yuck, just buy them new. Payless has boots like that brand new for like 20 us dollars.

you dont know if they have some nasty foot fungus thats soaked into those shoes.

But as I always say, to each their own.

Melly

Nothing Lysol and about 24 hours of drying out time can't cure...

Why the over-emphasis on used shoes, Melly? Is it really that important so as to derail the thread?

Latest update... I told my mother. Never realized she could ever have such a dull attitude as THAT! She was worried, and said that people would laugh at me, that wearing "women's" shoes is not "normal" for a man, that "are you a transvestite?" question, and stated that this ridicule would cause isolation. I answered that hiding my true self and desires could do this WAY faster and stronger. I also told her that those who could poke fun could be some silly youngsters (and I don't care about them), and many women could compliment me. My mother told me that she didn't see any men wearing heels in the street, and I replied "I think many guys love heels, but they're hiding their passion because of the fear of ridicule- I don't!". I can understand her fears, but damnit, I've been working hard enough to gain more confidence, I did it (and still do) and I ain't gonna surrender! Momma says that these heels themselves are too thin to support my weight (I weigh ca. 80kg) and they could be acceptable if they were thicker. I wonder what she'd say if she saw TBG for example. Well, I began considering taking these booties to a cobbler for a heel change, or perhaps wearing them at a fancy dress party. No matter how hard my attempts to calm my mother down were, I didn't succeed in convincing her... yet. I'm gonna talk to her today (she went to sleep so that I had no opportunity for a longer talk) and tell her that men in 16- 18th century wore heels as tall as 12cm, and women can wear whatever they darn please (including ties and wingtips) whereas guys have a very narrow sartorial choice and I want to change this in my case. Oh, and I'd tell her about strict dress codes for females in 19/20th century and women wearing pants before this garment was embraced by mainstream fashion. Or guys with earrings. I think I should appeal to her sense of justice and tell me if this double standard is fair (I suppose that this question would knock her out). If she knew English, I'd definitely direct her here.

Wonderful, Tubehead! I read through your post in detail, and can't find a single thing against which I would recommend from your line of reasoning.

In otherwords, I support your conclusions and your directions 100%.

tubehead Great story there!

Just a thought. Maybe you want to add in the parts about Gaultier in the 90's putting men in stilettos down the catwalk, Rick Owens designing 4" heels for men in Fall 2006 line, Hedi Slimane of Dior Homme adding in his own 6.5cm heel for men, YSL selling their "Johnny Boots" with around a 3" heel like hotcakes, acne jeans of Sweden photographing men in heels in their current jeans collection, Gaultier's 2002 Fall runway showing men in kitten stiletto heels...It might help to add some credibility. Again, just a thought.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Nothing wrong with used shoes. I bought some very comfy stilletto ankle boots at a car boot sale for a pound. They need a polish and they'll need re-heeling soon (something I must get round to) but they're so easy to walk in. Doesn't bother me one iota they are used.

Back on topic - tubehead, well done for plucking up the courage to tell your mum. I still have to tell my mum (well explain it considering she's seen some of my shoes now!). I can understand why she (your mum) is so apprehensive though. From my understanding, Poland is still very conservative compared to it's more liberal neighbour Germany and the rest of Western Europe. It still has a long way to go before reaching our standards in equallity but it will get there as it modernises even more. From what I've read, homosexuality is still frowned upon by the Polish and we all know what conclusions certain people come to regarding our clothing choices. In the UK (and the Netherlands and other Western European states), crossdressing is more widely known and partially understood by the populace so wearing heels in public shouldn't give you many problems.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

tubehead Great story there!

Just a thought. Maybe you want to add in the parts about Gaultier in the 90's putting men in stilettos down the catwalk, Rick Owens designing 4" heels for men in Fall 2006 line, Hedi Slimane of Dior Homme adding in his own 6.5cm heel for men, YSL selling their "Johnny Boots" with around a 3" heel like hotcakes, acne jeans of Sweden photographing men in heels in their current jeans collection, Gaultier's 2002 Fall runway showing men in kitten stiletto heels...It might help to add some credibility. Again, just a thought.

Dude - you're like this walking encyclopedia of fashion history. It's absolutely terrific, and I'm in awe.

Really! I couldn't do that...

realy great tubehead;) i cant say my father this... i just cant... i thinked to say today even to my course-mate(girl) witch are mostly time hunging around whit me out there in school;) sametimes maybe she has been suspicious cuz i asked she how she can run whit them, is she wont hurt feets and so on... maybe... i dono for sure... in one hand i would be happy to say her if she wont say... get away, you are no longer friend of mine.. if she wont then allright;) its easy to say it to realy unknown ppl, but witch you well know... thats hard;)

every human has they own choices...

Girls are usually more open-minded than guys about that kind of thing because they don't have the same pressure to be all macho about it. I've told most of my friends about my heels now, and none of them freaked out or stopped talking to me. I'm going to tell my mum at some point, but want to do it face to face and she lives 400 miles away! I think she'll be OK with it, she's pretty open-minded. Chris

• 1 month later...

Well, let's revive this thread...

http://www.allegro.pl/item153025204_polbuty_damskie_roz_42.html - if the size is right (some EU 42's are as big as typical 43s and I can wear them), I'm DEFINITELY gonna buy these shoes. I guess such block heel oxfords will be really easy to pull off (easier than my spikes) and they're gonna go well with my leather suit I'm wearing everyday... Although their heels are merely 6cm (2.5"), they've got an edge! I jokingly called my style "business fetish".

Congratulations tubehead on getting your first (and second?) pair of heels! The experience has already given you so much obvious pleasure, and this is great to see. My advice is NOT to have the slim heels changed for thicker ones. Instead, if you want to please your mum and also feel more comfortable streetheeling, then get some chunkier heels to start with, and then I guarantee that within a few weeks/months when you have got used to street-heeling, you will want the excitement of wearing your stilettos and will be very pleased that you didn't get them altered. HAPPY HEELING and don't listen to any killjoys. Go for it (like I and many friends on these forums have done for many years). Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

OK, I guess I'll do that. BTW New Year's Eve comes, and I'm gonna dance the heck out of my spikes! Of course I'll take a pair of cowboys to avoid pain from prolonged wearing.

• 2 weeks later...