forgetting labels...

stellah

In Eastern Europe it happens quite often that ladies forget to remove the price tag on the sole after purchasing new shoes. It makes me wanna go to the lady and say something about it. How are things with this in the U.S., Canada, Western Europe?

HH forever!

Funny, I noticed the same when visiting Tallinn in Estonia last year! I haven't seen it anywhere in northern/west Europe nor on the US east and westcoast. Bert

What's all the fuss about?

It happens in England sometimes. Either forgetfulness or maybe they just want to prove they have new shoes :smile: It's something you really only notice with high heels as the sloping part ofthe soles is more visible.

Maybe they tried but failed. I have bought a new pair of 3"strappy heels and the pirice tag was on the insole. and it just didn't come off. I have realy tried it but I can only get some pieces off but not the whole thing. quite frutating... Sp they are stil on there, but they arn't vissible so no problem.

From my exp. Here in the States many of the price tags are stickers inside the shoe. Right next to the brand name. Or they are on Tags held on with plastic "string". More expensive shoes usually have the price on shelf labels. Dean

Some stores here use more of a clear sticker instead of a paper label, when the price goes onto the shoes. They usually stick the price on the sole when something is clearance or display. WHat stays in the back doesn't have anything on the sole. The worst is a sticker that is also stapled into the sole. THAT is frustrating to remove.

It happened to me a couple of times. The labels were stucked at the arch of the sole. so no matter how long you wear your heels, they can never be removed by the rough surface of the ground. I remembered once when I realized that my heel tip was coming off, I actually took my shoes to the clobber. It was only at that point that I realized a label sticker (those transparent ones with white letter wordings) was still at the arch of the shoe. :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

• 5 years later...

I generally order my shoes from "Forplay" and there are never any stickers on the shoes. They come clean in the boxes ready to wear. No tags, stickers, of any kind.

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe