crocs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to admit that i find some crocs BONE UGLY, but some are attractive to me. their ballerina styles, and even these wedge sandals have some appeal.

now you can start saying all kinds of nasty things if you like, but we don't all like the same things. let's face it guys, i wouldn't be caught DEAD AT A DOG FIGHT wearing some of the things i've seen some people here simply RAVE about.

one man's passion looks to another like footwear for a dead hooker. so crocs aren't ALL interesting to ya, that's ok. you wouldn't want some of the mouth-breathing rednecks telling you what to wear, now would you?

i've owned some, and if i could find black croc ballerinas in my size i'd own some again!

r1g0r (silver!)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

They came up with the wedges last year, then went all out with an entire line called You. Look at youbycrocs.com -- they seem quite expensive to me and only come as large as 10.5, maybe a year from now we'll see them on the sale racks. I've got a pair of red, genuine, super-ugly, holes and all, Crocs. I'm not even sure why I bought them except I have a weakness for red shoes. To me more than their ugliness, a bigger problem is I put them on and forget I'm wearing them. I suddenly discover I'm walking around a place like Rodeo Drive wearing red crocs; I'd rather forget to get dressed.

I really like wedge heels (not crocks). If you are a person that wishes to wear woman's shoes in public, perhaps shoes with wedge heels are the least obvious. I have boots, pumps and sandals with wedge heels. And, although I wear the sandals mainly at the beach with T-shirts and shorts, the boots, loafers and pumps are standard "walk-in-public" shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

IMO these aren't much better than the crocs themselves...

I think they are OK actually. Not something I would wear but if I see them on the street I won't mind.

Whereas, when I see the original Crocs on the street, I want to pull out a flamethrower & burn the wearers' feet off.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

OK, those are cute. But I am pretty sure that Crocs have replaced flip-flops as the choice footwear in HELL!!! And I am pretty sure that flip-flops replaced Birkenstock... I will be happy when the whole Crocs thing goes away. I can not understand why "comfortable" means "ugly!"

Style is built from the ground up!

I will be happy when the whole Crocs thing goes away. I can not understand why "comfortable" means "ugly!"

"They will try very hard to maintain the image that they care very little about their image." -- Po Bronson, "The Seven Habits of Highly Engineered People"

We can all pray for that wonderful day when these hideous crocs go away! But I am afraid that one of two things will happen: 1). They are with us ad infinitum. --or-- 2). People will eventually get tired of them only to have their fancy turn toward something even worse (hard-to-imagine though that may be).

Have a happy time!

I've merged three "crocs" threads into one. We have no problem with this discussion taking place but we would like to keep it all in one thread. Please bear in mind that Google's spiders scan this site and index its contents. I don't think we want HHplace to become a discussion forum for crocs. . . (shudder) . . . perish the thought!

Have a happy time!

You've got my vote. But, you wanna know what the sad part of it all is? Once it gets too cold to wear Crocs, guess what will replace them? Yep....Uggs!

In a word----AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

OMG. The second I saw the title of this thread I thought of the hideous, godless, Uggs.

I've merged three "crocs" threads into one. We have no problem with this discussion taking place but we would like to keep it all in one thread.

Please bear in mind that Google's spiders scan this site and index its contents. I don't think we want HHplace to become a discussion forum for crocs. . .

(shudder) . . . perish the thought!

LOL! If you re-title the thread "Ugly mainstream footwear trends" (or something) will it fend off the dreaded Google spiders???

haha. just a thought....

LOL! If you re-title the thread "Ugly mainstream footwear trends" (or something) will it fend off the dreaded Google spiders??? . . .

It'll take more than that -- in this discussion a "spider" is a program that scans through the HTML code of a Web page and looks for links. It then follows those links and indexes all the content it finds there. "Spiders" have this name because they "crawl" the "web" to look for content. They don't pay much attention to thread titles.

Google uses "spiders" to index the content of websites and compile their search database. They also use this data to build their page rankings, which are then used to determine the order in which search results are presented.

Sorry to get technical on you. Just a glimpse into how the Internet works. . .

Have a happy time!

It'll take more than that -- in this discussion a "spider" is a program that scans through the HTML code of a Web page and looks for links. It then follows those links and indexes all the content it finds there. "Spiders" have this name because they "crawl" the "web" to look for content. They don't pay much attention to thread titles.

Google uses "spiders" to index the content of websites and compile their search database. They also use this data to build their page rankings, which are then used to determine the order in which search results are presented.

Sorry to get technical on you. Just a glimpse into how the Internet works. . .

Ahhh... very interesting...thank you, I love learning this stuff.

I'll tell you one thing, I shan't utter the word "Cr@cs" again on this site. LOL!

Ahhh... very interesting...thank you, I love learning this stuff.

I'll tell you one thing, I shan't utter the word "Cr@cs" again on this site. LOL!

I always enjoy learning the technical internals of things too. (For an engineer, that's probably a good thing. . .)

Don't worry about mentioning the name of that dreaded line of plastic footwear. We just try to keep it all in the same place!

Have a happy time!

iin 30 years crocs will be on the antiques roadshow and be worth a fortune as everyone will have thrown them away well b4 then.... Man goes into a cafe.. He sez to the assistant "I want a croc sandwich please !" Assisitant replies "what size would u like sir?" Man sez " size eight !" Assistant sez "what colour sir, we've got orange yellow or green?" Man " oh yellow " Assistant sez "with mayo or butter?" man (getting angry) sez "mayo !" Assistant sez "white or brown sir?" Man sez "Brown, and make them snappy !" Assisant sez calmly "sorry sir only the alligator sandwiches are snappy !" g' nite