crocs

The Crocs backlash is getting up to speed. Excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ6qdxN883w

For the Social Networkers amongst you, you might like to join me this anti-Crocs Facebook Group:-

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204667614

...744,520 members so far !

It's good for a giggle if nothing else.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

• 2 months later...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that Crocs is doing very subtly is getting people used to the idea of unisex shoes. That's an idea that once embedded in peoples' consciousness takes away the shock of seeing a man in fully feminine footwear. Think about it.

One thing that Crocs is doing very subtly is getting people used to the idea of unisex shoes. That's an idea that once embedded in peoples' consciousness takes away the shock of seeing a man in fully feminine footwear.

Think about it.

I never thought about this. A very large male friend of mine who is muscular and works out consistantly, does have knee problems. He wears crocs (even a pink pair) and he thinks nothing of it. And no one gives him any grief.:roll:

Progress is being made "one step at a time", sorry for the pun.

Understood, and their wedge heels stop at size 12 if I really wanted to attempt frivolity. The original crocs run huge and I'd expect those to be at least somewhat forgiving.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

News item on television about these crappy shoes. It seems that their rubbery outside is a risk on escalators (the continuously-moving stairways found in department stores). Touching the stationary wall of the escalator has caused the "shoe" to get sucked in between the moving stairway and the wall, causing injury. Give me a pair of real clogs anyday. They really are a "crock" of #$&^*@@! What is the name for escalators in the U.K.?

name is same as, have u watched the mr bean episode where he comes to the top and just stops at the end ? And does it piss u as well when people walk up / down the escalator ? I mean whats their problem ? I prefer lifts (pun intended)...

name is same as, have u watched the mr bean episode where he comes to the top and just stops at the end ?

And does it piss u as well when people walk up / down the escalator ?

I mean whats their problem ?

I prefer lifts (pun intended)...

designer...

Yes, since you brought it up, I can't stand the people that walk up and down the escalator and especially the one's that practically knock you over to get by you, going either way. If they're in such a hurry, take the stairs.

Well Nick, we do wholeheartedly subscribe to the "Whatever floats your boat" theory here. We wish the world would apply that approach to our chioces with equal zeal. There are a couple of crocs aficionados around here but most of us just shudder a little at the sight of them.

Have a happy time!

• 1 month later...

Well, folks, I'm now the proud owner of 4 pairs of "Crocs", each in a different style, Prima, Beach, Professional, And let's not foreget the Maryjane, And I find that they are among the most comfortable things going for summer, especialy the beach!!!I plan on trying the athens and scoutes. You're right, Icollect shoes, I stay a little more feminine or mainly unisex!!!!I'm also a Metrosexual combined with a redneck, Eventhough I don't care for country music!!!

I'm also a big fan of Dansko clogs, sandals, and womens shoes. I also like Skechers Womens sandals, some shoes and Athletics as they are the most comfortable for me!!! I have a very large collection of womens'/unisex clothing and shoes and I'm a very DIVERSIFIED DRESSER and my new girlfriend and I get along just fine over it!!! I can truthfully say that I have began to find harmony for the first time in a long time in my life!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All. Went to see the NASCAR races in Joliet Illinois few weekends back and (for those of you Do liking CROCS) saw 2 sales canopys in the souvenier(?) section selling everything you see on their web site. Just happened to be wearing my (Grass Green) CROC clogs that day, first one was in sneakers that went in trash after getting home.

Boots Rock!!!!

Sorry, putting 4 or even 5 inch heels on a pair of crocs will never change the fact that they are still crocs. That is the same thing as trimming the ears of a stubborn old mule and trying to declair it to be a horse- it will always be a stubborn old mule. The heeled ofspring of crocs will still be crocs.

• 1 year later...