crocs

I know everybody here hates crocs. But I bought my first pair of black crocs and they are great. Finally a clog that men and women can both wear, even if they are ugly. Men are finally realizing that shoes don't have to be so boring. Come on give them a try before killing them. You all want equality and this is big start!!!

Nothing beats a great pair of pumps!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought that clogs were pretty much unisex anyway, I'd certainly struggle to tell the difference between men's and women's. The thing is you say yourself that crocs are ugly, and I agree with you. That's why I'll never buy a pair, I just don't like them. I'm already wearing trainers and New Rock boots (not those in my avatar) that both men and women wear, equality is a great thing, but not at the cost of buying shoes that I don't like. If you like your crocs though, more power to you and I'm glad you're enjoying them, they're just not my cup of tea. Chris

Well, womenshoelover, if you like your crocs, more power to you! There are certainly plenty of them around! I do have a pair of the classic unisex clogs -- wood bottom wnd leather upper. They are extremely durable and rather comfy. I keep them by my side door, they are very handy to slip on any time I need to go out into the breezeway or garage for a minute, or even outside when the weather's nice.

Have a happy time!

• 1 month later...

Well, womenshoelover, if you like your crocs, more power to you! There are certainly plenty of them around!

I do have a pair of the classic unisex clogs -- wood bottom wnd leather upper. They are extremely durable and rather comfy. I keep them by my side door, they are very handy to slip on any time I need to go out into the breezeway or garage for a minute, or even outside when the weather's nice.

I certainly agree that one of the main reasons I love my HH sandals and slides is the convenience! If Ineed to run outta the house for a minute (in truth, I don't run anywhere these days) I just jump in my shoes and go. Just think, even a few short years ago I'd have either been tying my laces or doing those velcro things. But with my HH sandals I just jump in them and go! It's an exhilerating sense of freedom!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I gave them a try as they are reported to be excellent shoes for boating.. Five minutes was all it took before I wanted my Nikes back. They were just not "snug" enough, and I can't a stand sloppy fit. I do see quite a few guys and gals wearing them around.

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 8 months later...

A good article in todays Daily Mail (which I totally agree with BTW):-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=478655&in_page_id=1879&in_a_source=

It looks like the anti-Crocs movement is gathering some momentum.

About time too! 8)

So how come men can walk down any high street in the UK wearing a pair of £10 garish-coloured plastic "twat clogs" with not a single eyebrow being raised in amazement / amusement?

But just try doing the same in a pair of £200 black leather ankle strap stilettos.

Life can be so cruel and unjust at times! :unsure:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I absolutely hate the fecking things. My GF has recently bought a black pair and the first time she wore them every one of our friends said how much they hated them. She even admitted herself that "they look horrible, but they're comfy". A couple of hours later she'd changed her shoes after the Crocs gave her a blister, so much for comfy. I've even threatened to attach weights and throw the fugly things into the sea. Still, on the other hand she's happy for me to click round in my stilettos so I don't feel I can give her too much of a hard time about them. Chris

Don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em! (There's a lot of apostophes...)

I bought a pair for the stony beaches in Cyprus but ended up wearing them everywhere except when I went out in girl mode!

Yes they are fugly and I wouldn't have even considered wearing them but now I am looking to get another pair soon.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

oh I agree as well euchrid, crocs ARE ugly as hell, & being made out of plastic, well I can tell you without a dought, they would make my feet VERY sweaty!! (oh by the way I love your boots in your avitar!!)

My pyjamas are comfy too but I wouldn't go out in them!

Here, here! I couldn't have said it any better! Just from a style standpoint alone, Crocs are even more of a fashion abomination than Chinese slippers, and that's saying a lot, regardless of how comfortable people say they are. Those things are ugly times ten!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Crocs, finaly there is something more hidious than Birkinstocks/ earth shoes. I have also seen something called 'Mammoths' that took the worst of 'Uggs' and merged it with the worst of 'Crocs' on shoewawa.com in their ugly shoe of the week collum on August 22, 2007. The combination creates the worst looking pair of shoes ever imagined. Totaly horendous.

I have also seen something called 'Mammoths' that took the worst of 'Uggs' and merged it with the worst of 'Crocs' on shoewawa.com in their ugly shoe of the week collum.

'5150PLB1' is right!

http://www.shoewawa.com/2007/08/mammoth_furline.html

Those things are an abomination. A mutant strain of Crocs (& impossible to kill probably!). Do people actually exist who are moronic enough to wear them?

Always High-Heel Responsibly

please euchrid! yuck!!!!!!!!! do you want me to loose my dinner tonight (which by the way I've not yet ate) oh! the ugliness the ugliness!! (hell, the ugliness from within)

Posted Image

The website I lifted ths pic from got it right: the bastard spawn sired by the Ugg. Well, UGH!! is definitely the best way to describe those things. But the really sad part of it all is that with fall on the way, those repulsive things will probably sell like hotcakes, given the current (and misguided) passion people have with Crocs. To quote the late Marlon Brando as Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now, "The horror, the horror!"

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

'5150PLB1' is right!

http://www.shoewawa.com/2007/08/mammoth_furline.html

Those things are an abomination. A mutant strain of Crocs (& impossible to kill probably!). Do people actually exist who are moronic enough to wear them?

No sane person could have designed those shoes. The shoes had to have been designed by a commitee of patients at a laughing academy.

Posted Image

The website I lifted ths pic from got it right: the bastard spawn sired by the Ugg. Well, UGH!! is definitely the best way to describe those things. But the really sad part of it all is that with fall on the way, those repulsive things will probably sell like hotcakes, given the current (and misguided) passion people have with Crocs. To quote the late Marlon Brando as Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now, "The horror, the horror!"

I had a dream after seeing these that I was trying to run away in my 4" red marry janes as they, (giant fluffy lined crocks), were chaseing me and trying to eat me. Well you all know you can't run in a dream. Right before they caught me my wife woke me up as I was screeming in a sweat. Thank God she was there to save me.

real men wear heels

please euchrid! yuck!!!!!!!!! do you want me to loose my dinner tonight (which by the way I've not yet ate) oh! the ugliness the ugliness!! (hell, the ugliness from within)

Well, there's a news flash out tonight about the crocs. The only problem is that my meds now have me so messed-up 8) that I can't remember if the problem is in the plastic or the dye. Or maybe he said that if you wear 'em you turn ugly and die.:boxing: I just can't remember now. 8):unsure:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Good grief.....what IS the World coming to??!!

Believe it or not - those 'Mammoths' weren't even the ugliest shoes on 'Shoewawa'......

They're the ugliest shoes I've *ever* seen, and if there are worse out there then I for one am happy in my ignorance of them.

Chris