Cant not wear heels

Roger_au1

Ive just joined this nice place, so this is my first post.. Im sure that these questions / discussions have been covered before so please excuse me bringing them up again. I have always been fasinated by the stories of women who have worn heels for so long that they can no longer wear flats or barefoot. I always thought it was just a story untill an old flatmate of mine said that she couldned go snow skiing because she couldnt not wear her 4" heels. Then I became really fasinated ! So, Id be interested in hearing about the thoughts of the ladys who now find that they physically require their heels. Is this a situation you are happy about or have regrets about ? Are there times when you wish you could go without your heels, as in going skiing, playing sports etc? Whats the lwest heels that you can wear? Do you suffer any pain if trying to go without heels? If so, is thsi instant or is it an uncomfortable feeling that comes on slowly? Sorry to sound direct, but these are the sort of questions that Ive had for a long time. BTW.. my flatmate wasnt interested in talking about this too much. SHe was heavily into the fashion look of heels but at the same time strongly wished that she didnt have to wear them. Thanks ! Roger

I am confused, how can someone be into wearing heels and how they look yet not wish to wear them? Silly, just silly. I am specifically trying to avoid this problem, even if a few visitors to these wonderful sites would prefer I could never wear anyting lower than a five inch heel. I do wear runners from time to time, and I do go barefoot at home a good deal. Being limited to heels only means a loss of a few activities that one may enjoy, as your flatmate found out. Some people may not mind this, others may fear it. My only problem is a sore arch issue when wearing flat shoes for too long. I can live with this on those days where a pair of Reeboks is the only option, because there will be six other days that week where I'll be in heels and quite happy. :smile:

My flatmate was confusing most of the time ! She was very vain and was very concerned about her image and looking fashionable. To the point of being annoying. As such she thought that heels where essential to acheive that. In that respect she was probably correct. However, in an effort to keep up her appearance, and wear heels whenever she was out of the house, she became dependant on wearing them. This was the part she didnt like. She wanted to go barefoot at the beach, go skiing etc but found that it was too painful. She found no pleasure from that. So in essence it was a love / hate relationship with her heels. I hope Ive explained that ok.. I liked to way she albways had her 4" heels on, :smile: unfortunatly that was about all I liked about her :grin: Roger

All she needed to do was stretch out her tendons and she should have been able to return to normal. I stretch a few times every day, just to make sure I never get to the point where I cannot wear anything buy five inch heels. I have never been skiing but it might be nice to try one day. And heels on the beach, well... there might be a problem there. Of course, where I live, there really aren't any beaches. So I may never find out. But camping will mean proper shoes. Yes. No heels, they'll just get stuck between some rocks somewhere. Slaves to fashion... well, I am sure others will post here about their own experiences. I can't blather on about my own forever... that would become boring, I am sure. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Roger;

At http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm#pros, I found this information:

"An adverse side effect of wearing high heels is that the calf muscle is shortened. This can take a semi-permanent effect if heels are worn all the time and the calf muscle is not exercised properly."

A good place to find feet and leg exercises is:

http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm#train

I hope this helps.

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

PJ, those links you gave are to a now rather old (1998), early version of Jenny's website. By now those sections have been expanded quite a bit. You can find the newer version of your information at

http://193.251.60.36/Jenny/wearing1.htm#pros

and

http://193.251.60.36/Jenny/wearing2.htm#train

(which is also on a much faster server than the old one from Nettrash)

Jenny's website can be found by this easy URL:

http://come.to/high-heels

Tom-NL wrote:

PJ, those links you gave are to a now rather old (1998), early version of Jenny's website.

Yikes !!! :grin: I had no idea I forgot to update my Jenny link in my favorites listing. :smile: Thanks for the reminder Tom. :grin:

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 1 year later...

I am in sneakers for half of the day and in heels the other half and I have no problem going from flats to heels and back down again. I have no pain and no problems doing this. On week-ends I am in heels for a much longer time than on week-days. Still no problems. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I never feel properly dressed if I'm not in heels, nowadays, as I've posted elsewhere, 51/2" or 6", and going higher! Consequently I have often to be in heels all day. I also wear hiking boots for long walks and have no trouble switching from high to low except when walking up steep hills, when I tend to walk more on my toes. The important thing is to vary heel-height and get plenty of ankle exercise

• 3 years later...

So, Id be interested in hearing about the thoughts of the ladys who now find that they physically require their heels.

Is this a situation you are happy about or have regrets about ?

Are there times when you wish you could go without your heels, as in going skiing, playing sports etc?

Whats the lwest heels that you can wear?

Do you suffer any pain if trying to go without heels? If so, is thsi instant or is it an uncomfortable feeling that comes on slowly

Roger

I have regrets sometimes, most of the time not.

I chose to ignore the advice of my doctor who simply told me not to wear heels any longer.

No chance of that.

Luckily I'm not interested in sports except for swimming which is how I keep in shape.

I can wear 3inch heels at home but I get uncomfortable feelings in the back of my legs if I wear low heels for an hour or two.

I avoid the beach but I can manage it.

I let myself get "stuck in heels" at my boyfriends (now fiance) urging.... there are times when its frustrating, like going to the drug store at 2 am in stilettos and not being able to go to the beach and that kinda stuff but overall I love the way my feet and ankles have gotten from only wearing heels. I can wear about a 4" heel but that makes my arches and ankles hurt after a while, I can't go lower than that. Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

I can wear about a 4" heel but that makes my arches and ankles hurt after a while, I can't go lower than that.

Jen

If it's only your arches and ankles that hurt then it's not too late to act.

You need to spend some time out of your heels each day.