New Boots

heelyandy

Hi

Just treated myself to another new pair of boots :evil:! A pair of these infact:-

http://www.barratts.co.uk/p/04_651_0441/Brave.html (hope that works)

I haven't had time to try them on yet, but I've already got a pair of the "Winter White" version which are fantastic (they're my current favourite in fact!). They have a 4" heel, and the shaft is longer than most knee length boots; up to just below the back of my knee!! They have an "almond toe" (according to the box) and a full length zip up the inside, and are available in sizes 3 to 8 (UK).

There is a bit of story behind them, so I'll bore you for a bit! :D

I came across them on the Barratts website, and decided to go for the white ones, so I went to my local Barratts shop, they didn't have them in stock, but they very kindly ordered them for me. Once I'd got them and wore them, I tried to resist the urge to buy a black pair as well, but they felt so good I couldn't, so back to the shop I went. They had black ones, but not in an 8, so they said they'd order them. Anyway, the day before they were due to arrive, the shop phoned to say they'd just been told they (my local branch)were closing and wouldn't be having any more deliveries :D !!!!! (not great customer service from their head office I thought)

EDIT - THAT'S ONLY MY LOCAL BARRATT'S THAT CLOSING, SORRY FOR THE AMBIGUITY!

I still wanted the boots though, and today I had to go to our head office, so I checked if there was a Barratts nearby, there was, so in my lunch I went and (deep joy) they'd got them in an 8 :D

I'm now hoping my boss goes home early so I can try them on.

Andrew

PS - They were £45 when I bought the white ones, they've now come down to £35.

IMPORTANT

Ooooh.... sorry!!! :evil:

I've just realised (following heelme's post) you could read my post as saying that Barratts are closing everywhere.

THEY AREN'T

It was just my local branch of Barratt's that was closing (well, its actually closed now! - I'll edit my original post to avoid confusion. I don't want to be responsible for a loss of business at Barratts, they have some great boots)

Andrew

Sorry again :D

Very nice Boot, thank you for the link as I have been searching for a great pair of knee Boots for walking around town in. Hope you'll try these Boots over tight jeans/pants as this would be a really great look. Have fun in your new Boots, david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I have just bought the exact same boots! They're not normally my kinda thing, but it was a must have purchase, so I waited 'till the shop was quitet, asked for the in the white too. I do like Barratts as the shop assistants never bat an eyelid - she brought them out and I asked if I could try them on "of course" they fitted well, so I own them too :evil: Mind you Barratts must be used to guys asking to try on their boots / shoes... No thnaks I don't need boot trees, or polish, wax, insoles, anglefeet...

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

Mind you Barratts must be used to guys asking to try on their boots / shoes... No thnaks I don't need boot trees, or polish, wax, insoles, anglefeet...

It's been my experience that a LOT of shoe stores which carry larger sizes, and most which carry through size 10 US, have been seeing a lot of male customers in the last few years. I think there's a reason we have more than 4,000 members yet at any given time the ratio of guests to members is something between 3 and 5 to 1.

There's a lot more guys out there who're interested in heeling than are registering on this board.

Come on, guys (and gals) sign up!

Hi

My boss didn't go home early, he left just before me, so I tried the boots on in my car, in the car park (perfect fit) then walked over to the bin in them to get rid of the box, then drove home in them :rocker: Really nice to drive in - I always thought it'd be difficult driving in heels, it isn't, just a bit different!

Hope you'll try these Boots over tight jeans/pants as this would be a really great look.

Later on, I wore them over a pair of white jodhpurs. I'll post a few pics later if I can remeber how.

No thnaks I don't need boot trees, or polish, wax, insoles, anglefeet...

They didn't try to sell me anything extra when I got my white pair (which surprised me), and they just "recommended" using boot trees and the spray on waterproofing stuff when I got my black pair.

I've never had any problem buying boots, although I don't ask to try them on. I was once asked if I wanted to try on a pair of thighboots I was buying (not in Barratt's, but not in a "fetish" shop) I declined (too chicken, and I was in a bit of a hurry)!

I think the assistant (manager?) who sold me the white boots possibly suspected they were for me - when I went looking for the black ones, she asked me how the boots were. She also commented on how nice they were and how she'd have to get some (white ones) in her shop. Unfortunately that didn't happen, because the shop closed.

Enjoy the boots Secreto!! (I do!)

Andrew

PS (OT) - I'm spending the day at work in rubber riding boots, and not a horse in sight :biggrin:

Thanks! I checked the members list and it shows 895. However, at one time, on the old site, I think I remember seeing more than 4,000. If so, with a 3 to 5 ratio of guests to members, that would make it between 12,000 and 20,000 people worldwide, mostly men, who've found this website.

Hi

With regard to members v guests, when I just logged on it was showing 12 members and 25 guests!!

Anyway, the new boots:-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first 2 were taken this morning, on my bed, in natural light, the 3rd was taken last night under artificial light (thats why it looks quite yellow/orange)

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Great photo's, love the Boots. I know I will be getting a pair or two!

What I also enjoy is seeing you wear jodphurs with your Boots, this is also my favourite pant to wear under Boots!!

david

Hi

With regard to members v guests, when I just logged on it was showing 12 members and 25 guests!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first 2 were taken this morning, on my bed, in natural light, the 3rd was taken last night under artificial light (thats why it looks quite yellow/orange)

Andrew

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Enjoy the boots Secreto!! (I do!)

Andrew

:

Cheers HeelyAndy! I'm sat in them now!

I do have to say, when you do pluck up the courage and say "yes, do you mind if I try them on" you'll be buzzing for about 3 days afterwards! I love it!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

Cheers HeelyAndy! I'm sat in them now!

I do have to say, when you do pluck up the courage and say "yes, do you mind if I try them on" you'll be buzzing for about 3 days afterwards! I love it!

Absolutely! And you'll avoid buying boots that don't fit or aren't comfortable.

Thanks!

I checked the members list and it shows 895. However, at one time, on the old site, I think I remember seeing more than 4,000.

If so, with a 3 to 5 ratio of guests to members, that would make it between 12,000 and 20,000 people worldwide, mostly men, who've found this website.

The new members list does not include members with less than 5 posts.

Anybody in the "Brand new members" group, doesnt show up on the list.

Once a new member has made some contributions (Proper Posts) then they will appear on the members list with other members.

The real number of actual members can be found on the bottom of the forum homepage so this show you the difference between members, and members who have actually posted 5+ posts.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Posted Image

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I like your style with classical boots worn over tight white stretch jeans. At the moment I'm following also the actual fashion with boots over skinny jeans:beers:

My compliments, micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I recently got my new boots from New Rock.

If you go to the skirt section of my website, you can see me in them.

http://www.jonrowlinson.com

I must confess to like Barretts though. They must get loads of guys buying girls shoes from them and the staff are really clued up with them.

I'm a new member so my profile is not finished yet

Never try to baptise a cat

Thanks for all the nice comments! I would click that "say thanks" button, but I'm not totally sure what it does. I'll give it a try, and if you've posted in this thread and something strange happens, it's because I've clicked "say thanks"!! Andrew

I recently got my new boots from New Rock.

If you go to the skirt section of my website, you can see me in them.

http://www.jonrowlinson.com

I must confess to like Barretts though. They must get loads of guys buying girls shoes from them and the staff are really clued up with them.

I'm a new member so my profile is not finished yet

By the way - welcome aboard! Always nice to have more members.