Your most comfortable heels?

denom

My new girlfriend is enjoying my shoe fetish (heels on her, that is) but seems to like me picking them out. On the other hand, I want to get her shoes that are comfortable for her. Are there any brands that you women find are more wearable than others? ... more comfortable, or better-made?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to depend, but my GF finds Chinese laundry brand name the best fitting for her, the curve of the sole forms to her high arches.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Dr. Scholls made inserts specially made for high heels to make them more comfortable. Also I watche informercials for custom made orthodics that is specific to high heels.

Dr. Scholls...Yeah right try to find one that fits a size 12 foot!!:rocker: Custom made where? and how much?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 3 weeks later...

If you're in the UK, Faith, River Island and Next all do very nice, good quality heels. Comfort will depend on the shape of her foot, but you can always ask her to try them on at home and return them if they don't feel right for her. Either that, or just take her shopping! Chris

Comfortable heels

I love heels and own too many pairs. My buying experience is that you usually get what you pay for. Good leather - good design.

I see three levels of quality:

High End/more expensive eg Sergio Rossi, Mark Jacobs, Midas

Mid Level/Mid priced eg Nine West, River Island, Dune

Lower Level/usually cheap eg Mudd, Jante, New Look

Having said that, you just have to try them on and wear them. All of us have slightly different shaped feet and sometimes the most subtle physical difference can make all the difference when it comes to wear.

I have high arches and longish toes. I have to be careful when it comes to pointed closed toe boxes (which I love!). I have heels that felt like gloves when I bought them but over time werent my most successful comfortable heels. Then I have others which were a bit "if-y" when I bought them but turned out to be great.

I have girl friends who skip about in any old high heel all day without bother whilst others are always dealing with a tight spot hear or there, a strap that rubs etc etc

I think leather uppers are generally better than man-made materials. Leather usually gives over time to some degree and this helps. Some man-made materials are getting better though.

Its fun finding the right pair though. Enjoy!!!

My most comfortable pair right now is a pair of pointy-toe slingbacks with a 2 inch heel from Payless in an 11W. Their shoes always fit me though not all their styles are comfortable. My most comfortable pair ever was a pair of ankle-strap pumps with a 5.5 inch heel that I got from, of all places, Fingerhut! They were less than $20USD but they were leather and they felt like I was walking in flats almost. I called them my "magic" pumps. Unfortunately I wore them out years ago and had to let them go.

my most comfortable heels happen to be my DEMONIA platform BOOTS!! 2nd to those are my NINE WEST blade heel boots (both are knee-high by the way):academic:

Everyone has different shaped feet and so you cannot recommend a shoe that is comfortable on one person to be comfortable on someone else, it has to be trial and error.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Everyone has different shaped feet and so you cannot recommend a shoe that is comfortable on one person to be comfortable on someone else, it has to be trial and error.

I would agree. What's comfortable for one person could be anything but for another. Even going with one material over another can be a crapshoot. Case in point, the most comfortable heels I've ever owned were the these:

Posted Image

These are the model 5990 pumps with 4 inch heels from Sexy Shoes. Even though they're made of manmade materials, they were supremely comfortable for me and I've worn them for hours on end at work without a moment's worth of trouble. However, I've worn leather shoes that, even after a proper breaking-in period, plus stretching have hurt my feet something awful.

Trial and error is the only way to find something that will provide just the right level of comfort that will suit you. In the end, you can't go with the recommendations of others, you have to find out on your own what will or won't work best for you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My most comfortable heels are my New Rock Malicias. The heels feel nice and sturdy underfoot, the soles are about 5mm thick rubber, and the insoles are nicely padded. I've just bought some "Party Feet" gel cushions to go in them as well, so will report on how they fare tomorrow as I'm going out in them tonight. Chris

My most comfortable are 2 pair of boots, purchased from.... You guessed it... Payless. One pair is really stylish with a 3 1/2" stiletto heel, pointed toe,calf high, the other is a great pair for wearing with jeans, etc. with a 4 1/2" semi-chunky heel,little more than ankle high. I can wear both for long walks, all day , and even run a short sprint or two , and feel great at the end of the day.Also nice and warm for these cold winter mornings!

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

My most comfortable heels are these ankleboots with a 3 inch (7 1/2 cm) blockheel bought in 2003 at Brantano in London. I wore these at the heelmeet in London on may 13.

Posted Image

On the second place these with a slightly higher heel (3 1/4 inch or 8 cm) also bought at Brantano in London in 2003. I wore these at the heelmeet in Amsterdam on august 12.

Posted Image

Comfortable heels: I think leather uppers are generally better than man-made materials. Leather usually gives over time to some degree and this helps. Some man-made materials are getting better though. Its fun finding the right pair though. Enjoy!!!

Ahem! While leather is quite different from plastics and a lot of other stuff, nevertheless, leather IS a man-made material!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Ahem! While leather is quite different from plastics and a lot of other stuff, nevertheless, leather IS a man-made material!

Actually, I'm quite certain it's a bovine-made material, for the most part, followed by porcine, and to a lesser extent other animals.

The term "man-made" is reserved for materials who's origens are entirely synthetic, such as nylon. Cotton is entirely organinic, and is not considered "man-made," despite the growing, harvesting, combing, spinning, weaving, and sewing processes which must ensue. Leather has several similarly processes, including calving, growing, slaughtering/skinning, tanning, working, and (help me out here, Dr. Shoe, as I'm not sure I'm using the right word) lasting.

Wool, cotton, leather, flax, fur - none are considered man-made materials, even though considerable effort is required by man to generate useful products from them.

Right now I'm wearing a pair of leather shoes with a 3-3/4" heel. They're not "man-made."

Actually, I'm quite certain it's a bovine-made material, for the most part, followed by porcine, and to a lesser extent other animals.

The term "man-made" is reserved for materials who's origens are entirely synthetic, such as nylon. Cotton is entirely organinic, and is not considered "man-made," despite the growing, harvesting, combing, spinning, weaving, and sewing processes which must ensue. Leather has several similarly processes, including calving, growing, slaughtering/skinning, tanning, working, and (help me out here, Dr. Shoe, as I'm not sure I'm using the right word) lasting.

Wool, cotton, leather, flax, fur - none are considered man-made materials, even though considerable effort is required by man to generate useful products from them.

Right now I'm wearing a pair of leather shoes with a 3-3/4" heel. They're not "man-made."

Leather does go through a number of processes in its transformation from cow-hide to leather material, then a number of more processes to become shoes. Some of these processes involve some fairly harsh chemicals, such as the tanning solutions and dye solvents, but most of those chemicals are driven out of the product at the end. Even with all this, leather is considered a natural material while PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and PU (polyurethane) are clearly synthetic.

Personally, I find the natural materials to be vastly more comfortable than synthetics. Leather, pigskin and cotton fabrics "breathe" while synthetics often feel like plastic bags. Synthetics are getting better in this regard but they have a long way to go.

My most comfortable -- Fitzwell "Fallara", pictured below. In my size, US 12, the heels rise 3 inches and the rounded toe has plenty of room.

post-1455-133522852437_thumb.jpg

Have a happy time!

I'm a firm believer in leather for shoes. I only have a couple of pairs of synthetic ones, and rarely wear them. Leather is more comfortable, looks nicer, feels nicer and smells good too. Plus if I'm going to eat the meat I might as well wear things made from the skin! Chris

IMO, leather is almost always more comfortable than man made, due to the breathability of the leather and the fact that the leather can stretch a little. After several eBay disappointments (fit wise), I was pleasantly surprised to find two Pleaser products that fit my feet extremely well. The first is a single sole leather knee boot, their model Seduce-2013. In size 12, the heel is just under 5 inches. The second is a single sole stretch PU knee boot, their model Domina-2000. In size 12, the heel is 5 3/4 inches. In both cases the footbed is well padded and the arch seems to be strong. These boots don't feel "wobbly" like some inexpensive high heels. Be warned that I think the sizing runs small by 1 size. I have tried heels of this height before, but except for some really expensive British "fetish" shoes, I have been extremely disappointed in the fit up until now. I find that I can wear these for hours at a time without killing my feet. I can even walk in them fairly well. I expect that the heel tips wouldn't wear very long outside. Yes, I'm chicken. I wouldn't have the nerve to wear these "out". At least yet...:rocker:

dubheii....I see that you said YET. That must mean that you will eventually get the courage to experience the rush of wearing out in public. It took me a long time to get the courage to do it, but once I did, it feels really good to be able to go out and be myself.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

I've got a new most comfortable pair. I just got back from Payless with my 3.5 inch patent leather pumps in a size 11M. I got them first in 11W since I can no longer wear the 10's that I used to but they were not a good fit even though the length was right. Now that I have them right-sized I can walk in them with no ankle pain as I have been experiencing so much lately with flat shoes even. Here's the link:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDress&BLC=WomensDressClassic&Width=Regular&ItemCode=55705&LotNumber=052879&Type=Adult&Popularity=&DescriptiveColor=Black