Summer shoes - what's your favourite?

Laurieheels

New topic! It is about time. It is summer here in the Northern Part of the world, and there have been some blistering days. Thus, I ask, what is your favourite pair of shoes for summer? Now this coulb be a pair that you own, or a pair that you admire others wearing. For me, I have found that I love my black patent sandals with the four and a quarter inch clear heel. I wear them everywhere. Do you have a favourite?

I have two new favorites, got them both at Fredericks for under $20 each. One is a 5" T strap kinda wedge sandal in black patent and the other is a 5" black stiletto ankle strap sandal. Both are comfortable. Wear them with nude toe hose, usually tan or taupe.

Silver really needs to be matched with the right clothing, and I would wear silver sandals and shoes for evening more than daytime. After all, sometimes I should be a bit more casual, and silver is flashy. But that could be a great topic for discussion - when to wear metallics.

• 3 weeks later...

I like silver heels with black pants, since I consider silver to be an accent colour. I think this brings out the fashion statement a bit more. I've done this combination, and it seems to work out pretty well!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Wedge heels? I know nothing about them, I only wear stilettos and sometimes a post heel. A wedge does not caputre the style I am looking for. I can jump up and down and I am starting to run in stiletto heels. Balance and comfort are not issues I have to deal with. My advice is this - but whatever you like to wear and whatever you feel looks good. Just be happy and get what you like. That is the best advice anyone can give on the subject.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I started to street-heel in December of 2003. My favorites are calf-high or knee-high black leather chunky high heeled boots. And yes, I do wear them in the warmer weather, and plan on wearing them through the summer. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This summer i will replace my 6 1/2 inch pumps with my new steel heeled sandals (from 6 inch heels forever) my feet get really hot in these pumps in this warm weather and the fact that i can lock those steel sandals on my feet this summer will be cool for my feet and exciting as well.

Hi Cinthy, do those steel sandals have a grip on the bottom or are they completely smooth? Are they slippery to walk in?

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

These:

Posted Image

They're a pair of Linea Paolos, precisely 4" on the heel, made of genuine leather (rare, these days in the land of high heels), and are very comfortable for all-day wear.

Unfortunately, America still isn't quite ready to allow me to wear them to work!

Genebujold:-) That pair of sandals in your pic looks very natural on your foot and belies the fact that it is a male foot, not female. At least you have good looking toes, not like mine, which I constantly keep covered because they look U-U-U-GLY! You go, guy! They won't let you wear them to work, eh---Hmmmmmmmm---I wonder why. LOL! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Genebujold:-)

That pair of sandals in your pic looks very natural on your foot and belies the fact that it is a male foot, not female. At least you have good looking toes, not like mine, which I constantly keep covered because they look U-U-U-GLY! You go, guy! They won't let you wear them to work, eh---Hmmmmmmmm---I wonder why. LOL! Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, I'm the boss, so I'm quite certain they would... Not that I would, however, as I want my employees to be very comfortable in all respects.

Thank you for the compliment! I have to credit hormones, though - not the presence of female supplement hormones, however, but the lack of an appropriate level of male hormones while growing up (due to a childhood accident). To make a long story short, in silhouette I resemble a skinny, pre-ubescent female more than I do a male.

Nevertheless, whatever hormones I had running through my body way back when had their desired effect - I think like a man, feel like a man, and run my company like a man! And my household, as well (subject to the objections of the chairwoman of the board, of course...)

I suppose in some ways I should consider myself lucky - although I've seen many online calculators for BMI, some for women, some for men, I fall to the lighter side, which, by the weigh, makes wearing heels significantly easier...

Genebujold:-) It's important in any household to be cognizant of the objections of the chairwoman of the board. Mickey68 doesn't hesitate to let me know of her objections to things, as it should be. Then they are put forth at a family board meeting and a compromise is met and the results are then put into motion. This is the way it should be. Each person has their in-put, (except the dog, who has her vote over-ridden every time---she thinks she is a person). Cheers--- Dawn HH

Dawn, Didnt Mickey68 tell us just recently that your dog is a dacshund named Cinnimon. If this is correct then I dont believe you when you say

except the dog, who has her vote over-ridden every time---she thinks she is a person

Yes she may think she is a person like most Dacshunds do, but have her vote over ridden every time. I have doubts about that. :roll:

Jeff

JeffM.:-) Cinnamon wants you to know that items not related to her interests or future are voted on by her with an obstaining vote. However, when it comes to her food, toys, treats, and sleeping facilities, she has her vote noted ALWAYS! And now---back to the topic---Summer shoes - what's your favorite. Cheers--- Dawn HH