Wearing Socks with Heels?

bobbisoxer43

Wearing socks with heels is supposedly a rural American thing, or at least it was at one time. This was pointed out by the actress Collin Wilcox who played Mayella Ewell in To Kill a Mockingbird. She told the producer that if she had to wear heels in the courtroom, then it would have to be with socks.

Michael

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a wicked pair of boots on Saturday - real '80's retro. Pink pointed 3" stiletto boots with BUILT IN leg warmers. The warmers (pink stretch wool) form the main part of the boot. They can be worn rolled down or unrolled all the way up to thigh length!! Wonderful!! The ultimate in wearing socks with heels?!?!? They look terribly tarty!! :):o

when we first got married, my wife wore socks with loafer style shoes. She called the anklets, or something like that. But, I don't believe she has a pair anymore. Or, I've not seen her wear them in about 20 years, :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Spikeheelhoney:-) Your new pink boots sounds like they are of unusual design and the best of 2 worlds. Some crazy socks, eh! Enjoy! Bubba136:-) You are right, the girls used to call those socks "Anklets". I haven't seen those in a lot of years myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Trolldeg has the greatest collection of the best looking heels owned by anyone on this board-- except Becky. :o They were posted on the hhplace picture forum but they disappeared when it was discontinuded. I wish he would repost them for all to enjoy. Perhaps with a little coaxing, he could be persuaded (besides, he has the best looking legs - rivel Joak's. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Trolldeg:-)

A very, very nice pair of ankle strap heels. How high are the heels and can you walk in them? Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thank you. The heels are around 14 cm I think. I can walk in them, but it's a bit difficult since they are a bit large for me..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The little lacy bobysox look cute with heels, but I can never find them in my "BIG" feet size. I did find this place where I can buy LLLONNGG socks and other hosery which is prtty nice, and their prices aren't totally outrageous. Have bought many of their 36 to 40" long socks for winter wear with my boots. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php

And here are my favorites!

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

TLAHHB

Socks with heels? Sure I do it often. But then again, I wear boots. ;)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.