The new Look of hhplace

Thanks Laurie. :grin: Still needs some behind-the-screens work here and there, but at least all you addicts can post again now. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

How the bloody he** do you make use of the new search function to find the last posted posts???? :x :smile: The new look IS nice, tho. :grin:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

No reason to do this with the search-function anymore.

On the forum-index page, click View posts since last visit.

Greetz, Jeff

---

Much better. phpBB 2.0.1. I played around with this software on my main domain but I couldn't get the the ability for a rgistered user who's returning to be remembered, so I ditched it and went with wbb. I prefer wbb over phpbb but a long shot, but this is good regardless. Looks like some work needs to be done to the face though. That or change the top frame...I don't suppose there's any chance in dumping the frames all together is there? Why not go with a portal like PostNuke or such? Regardless, it's good to see it back up and upgraded in addition. Good work to the admins.

All in due time PostCode.. :smile: I am not to pleased with looks yet either, but time and rsi are my worst enemies. There will certainly be some better design in the future. As for a portal, the next phpBB version will include a portal, so I might wait for that to appear and see if it's usable.

Greetz, Jeff

---

Well, the new look is certainly - uh, different! I can't make the 'posts since last visit' thing work either, but then, this is my first visit since the upgrade. I love the new look - it's way cool. Although, the first time I looked, I thought I was in the wrong place :smile: . And I'm going to have to add this to my 'trusted sites', as a lot of stuff isn't working at the moment.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh........ I need my fix.... Thank you, thank you. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

It looks pretty good to me. Many easier to use features like the smilies and basic BBcode which should make it easier for the less technical people to get their message how they want. And some more advanced features too. Thanks for all your work on this Jeff :smile:

:smile: I must say this new look is pretty cool - literally! I know message boards are a bugger to configure, so many kudos to you already on such fine work, Jeff!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

One question though. What is the Usergroups button supposed to be for?

One of the new board-features is to make people member of selected usergroups and give these groups certain rights or special forums that other people don't have. At the moment there's we don't use this feature except for the moderators group and forum.

Greetz, Jeff

---

Spectacular! And, fun too. Contratulations on a superb job, Jeff -- Thanks!!!!! Your efforts are really appreciated :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

it certainly is slightly more up market from the old one, even the colour is customizable. Alright, so it's only 3 schemes but that's better than the single choice you were given on the old one. Well done! I, for one, certainly think it's a great improvement.

Thanks webmasters, this new look is great and easy to use. Lots of extra features which are all handy for a computor illiterate as me. I think this might help overcome some initial reservations of some guys from the old board to make the switch. Keep up the good work and happy heeling from Highluc. PS: after posting I also get that funny page telling me the subject doesn't exist or something similar. I get this from my Win.ME in Belgium and from Win98 in Germany.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence