How would you describe yourself?

sscotty727

How would you describe yourself?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe yourself?

• I wear pumps/stilettos inside the house, but wear block heels/wedges outside.
    • I am a freestyler and wear heels openly outside, whatever I want, whenever I want.
    • I wear heels all the time, but prefer to be descrete about it
    • I only wear heels inside and maybe will wear them outside someday.
    • I only wear heels inside and will never wear heels outside.

I wear mine as often as i can but only when alone. I have had a meet twice, that was quite exciting but in private. I like to take them with me when I drive long distances, then get out at reat places and go for a walk, I dont mind if passing cars notice me or my heels. mainly wear around home inside and out

Blacksheep

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PetePete: I just bought them about a month ago at a local store, they where on sale about 50 usd. they really are comfortable, as a matter of fact it is my first pair of boots, the pretention was to go street heeling, and i did it with my wife and kids, being less obvious as my other shoes, i mostly have open toe shoes, it's pretty hot down here, so i couldn't wear boots all year long. But i did understand why so many love boots, it really is a very special feeling whtn you wear them.

I voted freestyler -whatever takes my fancy any time. I am approx 50% of the time in heels. My heeling has evolved to include skirts (pencil/straight skirts). My heels are getting higher and finer, I wouldn't wear less than a 6 inch stiletto now, I avoid platforms of any size and am getting into brighter colours and more detailed/ornate shoes. Heel-Lover

Couldn't find my category. I am not into stilettos, although I like to look at them. But I have a rather expensive and very beautiful wooden floor. Inside I wear anything between 3 and 10 cm but wide enough that I don't leave footprints. Outside it depends. To work, no heels, but the shoes do come from the side of the store that has the more exciting collection. But then something neutral enough not to cause gossip. Shopping etc, something with 3-8 cm heels but that looks like I am into fashion, in the sense that it combines well and is a bit on the challenging side but not too much so. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I picked the whereever I want whenever I want catagory, and I by far prefer pumps to boots.

I just wanted to add that I live in a very paleolithic part of the world where anything beyond the male norm is considered "gay" and the local knuckle draggers are more than willing to back their machismo up with violence. Heels are one thing, sometimes even wearing pink can stir up the ire of the locals. I do wear more conservative block heels most of the time but reserve my pointy pumps for safer locals. Also, I will take days in more progressive places to open up and be myself.

I guess my issue is that its not the shoes that matter, its living in a place that makes it difficult to be oneself that is the real tragedy.

You are so right about locals, I live San Diego,CA and if it's not the male norm then it's gay and I'm not. I found this is a problem after I started wearing kilts and some people at work found out about the kilt wearing and for a year I had a bad time, now it's not that bad, you must take care as to where you go. What are the best locals for heeling? I don't do the bar thing so where do you all go while heel out in the world.

post-5557-133522854141_thumb.jpg

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I definetly agree and identify with you, WhyNotMenToo. I even own a pair of high heels similar to the ones you have pictured. I wear them in public, too. But you are right, to socialize, I am not gay but gay clubs have been a place to socialize and be comfortable. As I've said before, I enjoy dressing up in men's suits and hats and feminine high heels. It's always exciting and enjoyable but never a sexual turn on. I'm just very comfortable and happy daily when I wear high heels. ;)

I voted for this one:

"I am a freestyler and wear heels openly outside, whatever I want, whenever I want."

I would also question limiting the use of the term freestyler to just choice one--if to use it at all. A freestyler is any man who adorns himself with one or more articles of women's clothing, but still retains the appearance of his originally assigned birth sex while doing so.

I like that Kneehigh, I'm with you on that, I'm also a freestyler.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Since the first time I posted in this thread, I like to think of myself as still being a discrete wearer, however, I do wear pretty much anything I want anywhere in public, including pumps with thin heels like in my avatar.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted whenever and wherever I want, because this year I think I've crossed a few boundaries into freedom that I didn't think were possible before - guess that's what confidence does to ones self. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I chose "I only wear heels inside and maybe will wear them outside someday" as while I do wear them outside some times, it's not where I live or around those I know.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Magic Heels:-) I may be older, but I certainly don't think of myself as eccentric. I'm just me and I like to wear heels and have for quite a few decades and have done so happily and with great enjoyment. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

Although I voted "I only wear heels inside and maybe will wear them outside someday." I do wear Heels outside sometimes, just not very often due more to time constraints than the desire to do so......I guess that there can never be enough choices in polls to cover all aspects of Heel wearing because we all have our own individual reasons for Heeling

• 2 months later...

I think my wearing of heels is changing, as I'm now a: "I wear heels all the time, but prefer to be descrete about it" I may have voted that (don't recall), but I'm a lot more relaxed about outside wear than I was this time last year.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

xx years ago: a fetish 3 years ago: starting to think about "coming out" - but without fear & being a dumbass 2 years ago: coming out - together with my ex-girlfriend. a great supporter. wearing high heeled cowboy boots. 4 inches. adding some extra style to skinny jeans 1 year ago: some know I wear heels, some will notice it and some will never understand why. as i don´t care if you are gay or if you are cheating, so why should you care about my heels - this is my attitude today: if I like to put on the heels, I simply do it. went out to "selective door policy" clubs, was welcomed by the bouncer & got great feedback from women. yes I found my style. thank you kneehhigh ;) tomorrow: perhaps in heels and skinny designer pants mixed with a tunic and some extras, like a nice scarf. some days heels, some days sneakers and some days 130´s business suit. I don´t think too much about the why & when. I think about the how & what.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Why is it that every time a man goes outside of the box he is considerred to be gay. Most people beleive you are gay if you wear skirts, dresses, earrings, nail polish, heels etc. I wouldn't mind if they called us different but the attidude that we are automatically gay makes me angry. And some info about me. I am a 51 year old male that likes to wear both earrings, skirts and heels. Some days I wear normal male clothes and shoes other days a skirt and the rest male attire and other days the whole shebang. I am however not a cross dresser, I still wan't to be a man wearing female clothing, or male versiosn of female clothers and shoes. /Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

i do wear stilettos in work but change to a thicker lower heel if going out. Im a carer & surrounded by women & a few men & all are fine with what I wear. Only comments i sometimes get is, fow the f--- do you walk in those? I love this website Stacey xx

I am a wearer of heels when I can, commonly wear wedge and lower heels(2-4"/5-10cm heels) with jeans. Have been out in spikes and taller heels but has been awhile. At work it just can't happen because in the mountains I would no doubt crash going over rough terrain. It is all about when I can and I do wear heels then as much as possible. Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

I think my wearing of heels is changing, as I'm now a: "I wear heels all the time, but prefer to be descrete about it"

I may have voted that (don't recall), but I'm a lot more relaxed about outside wear than I was this time last year.

It's interesting how people's priorities change when things in their lives change. Last year I was a heeling dude! This included clubbing in the snowy months wearing my favorite pair of spike-heeled boots.

This summer I've worn a sarong once in public, and that to an art festival - no heels at all. I've been content with men's sandals.

As the cooler weather approachs, I'm back wearing a skirt and 3-inch heels while online, but have yet to go out in heels since April.

Oh, well!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

When I cast the vote I voted "I only wear heels inside and maybe will wear them outside someday" but that has changed. Nowadays I wear heesl outside. Now since it is winter is mostly boots, but when it gets warmer I will use other heels also. Sometimes I dress both in heels and a skirt.

/Stefan

Best regards, Stefan