How would you describe yourself?

sscotty727

How would you describe yourself?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe yourself?

• I wear pumps/stilettos inside the house, but wear block heels/wedges outside.
    • I am a freestyler and wear heels openly outside, whatever I want, whenever I want.
    • I wear heels all the time, but prefer to be descrete about it
    • I only wear heels inside and maybe will wear them outside someday.
    • I only wear heels inside and will never wear heels outside.

I voted for the second alternative (freestyler). I'm wearing regularly boots with heels on the streets of Frankfurt. Still always a solo performance, but I haven't lost my hope that it could change sometime at least a little bit ... click-clack :evil: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've voted for the third choice, but it does not describe me perfectly; infact I wear heels mostly at home when my wife is out (she knows my passion, but abbsolutely don't approve), but I've already had few amusing outings (my wife doen't know). See my post "MY FIRST OUTINGS".

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/6269-my-first-outings.html

Stay heeled and smile to life!

The most amazing thing about this survey (and it's a very good survey, Scotty!), is that about two-thirds of the responders already wear heels outside, while the other third would eventually like to. Of those who do street-heel, the discretion level is fairly equal across the board, with a third showing serious signs of discretion, a third showing moderate signs of discretion, and a third not caring who saw what. Micha, you're right over yonder in Frankfurt. Gotta get together for lunch, sometime. Yes, I'll wear heels, but I'll probably be discrete about it... Daylight, you know. Causes these vampire heels to melt away into block heeled goo...

Up until about 9 years ago i was definitely a freestyler...wore my high heel thigh Boots almost everyday over pants to work, out and about etc. I owned my own bsuiness for about 8 years from 1989 to 1997 and it allowed me to be myslef entirely. In 1997 i took a career type job with a higher profile in town that restricted my high heel Boot wearing to visits to other towns/cities, vacations and once in awhile to clubs in town or fetish nites. In the past few years my career has become even more high profile inthe community so i am a bit more restricted to simply when out of town for wearing in public. Around the house though, it is into my high heel Boots the moment I arrive home from work! I yearn many times for the years i owned my own bsuiness, it was so much fun. I had eight female employees working with me and they all wore Boots most of the time, heck they knew what their boss wore the moment they came in for an interview. High interview marks if they arrived for an interview in Boots! LOL! The business/office was located in an industrial park area in Tucker, GA just outside Atlanta...and we were the talk of the block! david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

:irked:

The most amazing thing about this survey (and it's a very good survey, Scotty!), is that about two-thirds of the responders already wear heels outside, while the other third would eventually like to.

Of those who do street-heel, the discretion level is fairly equal across the board, with a third showing serious signs of discretion, a third showing moderate signs of discretion, and a third not caring who saw what.

Micha, you're right over yonder in Frankfurt. Gotta get together for lunch, sometime.

Yes, I'll wear heels, but I'll probably be discrete about it... Daylight, you know. Causes these vampire heels to melt away into block heeled goo...

Hi dr 1819,

my answer wasn't the whole truth. I wavered between the second alternative and the first rsp. the third. But I had to make up my choice.

I'm wearing like Kneehighs pointy high heel boots on the street. Regularly. My family and almost all friends have seen me already on high heels. But concerning my job I'm shy. The biggest height I dared to wear were cowboy boots with 6-cm heels. The same when doing the library service at the alpine club. Some members are very conservative and I don't like unnecessary provocations. Playing with the team of my chess club I was wearing several times high heels. Some opponents from the other team looked at me like this icon :rocker: The most of them had better looked upon than under the table... my winning rate on heels is definetely better than with sneakers. My newest secret weapon for chess tournaments!

But I don't wear alldays crazy shoeware on the street like 6'' fetish stiletto boots. Every thing at the right time!

nice greetings, micha

ps I'm sure that we'll meet us one day :biggrin:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

;-)Playing with the team of my chess club I was wearing several times high heels. Some opponents from the other team looked at me like this icon :rocker: The most of them had better looked upon than under the table... my winning rate on heels is definetely better than with sneakers. My newest secret weapon for chess tournaments!

:biggrin:

That's the way to confound their brains, Micha!

Sooner or later, I'm sure we'll meet up, too.

I only wear heels inside and maybe will wear them outside someday.

I also wear heels whenever I can when I drive. I love to go out in the morning on the weekends and hit a local drive through for a coffee wearing my 5 inch spikes. I always bring along my slip on male shows incase I have to exit the car. I have a large lot and wear my heels outside at home all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

The only fear of wearing heels in public is the fear you create in your own mind. As you have seen in my out and about vids, nobody hardley noticed and the ones that did didn't even take a second look. Fashion is changing very fast and nobody goes into shock about anything any more. We need more men to get out in their heels so that others can see that it's OK to wear what ever you want without being ridiculed. I believe that is the main purpose of this whole site is to get comftorable with who we are and to let the rest of the world know it's ok for men to wear what ever they want as do women but we can't do it behind closed doors. And thats the way the shoe fits!

real men wear heels

I wear heels in my house and outside after dark.

I get this too. I wear as long and as often as I am able, without upsetting my partner. She does NOT approve. But I still manage to wear my 4 inch heels quite a lot, like now.

I do go out around the garden in the daytime and further afield after dark, but not in "public" Maybe soon. I look forward to the day when I can go around with out causing UNDUE attention.

Keep up the good work all you guys, and the gals who do support us.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, while I'm out of practice, I consider myself as being a "Discreet Freestyler", meaning I wear what I want, when I want, be it pumps or boots, but I'm not off the wall outrageous about it. I wear tasteful shoes with tasteful outfits as I've always sought to blend in with my surroundings as much as possible instead of standing out like a sore thumb. Even though I've rarely garnered much, if anything in the way of attention in my outings, I've never sought attention either. I just wear what I want and go about my business, plain and simple. That philosophy has always worked best in my case.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Fashion is changing very fast and nobody goes into shock about anything any more. We need more men to get out in their heels so that others can see that it's OK to wear what ever you want without being ridiculed.

I believe what's really going on has nothing to do with accepting men in high heels. Rather, it has to do with the globalization of the economy, media, and the prolifically increased exposure of subculture trends. People around the globe have become used to the idea that "being different is ok," an no longer react in shock and awe when a man sits down in a restaurant wearing an earring.

My first exposure to this new reality came in two parts. The first part was way back in the mid-1970s when my couisin was visiting us in a large, fairly progressive city. As we were walking one way, a man in a beard, smoking a pipe, and wearing a mini-skirt and fetish heels walked by us in the other direction. She was only six and asked, "Mommy - what was that?" As I watched him continue to walk down the sidewalk, many others turned their heads. Most muttered under their breath, a few made rude comments. Again, this was a progressive city, where the nightlife was rather risque.

The second part, fast-foward 25 years, when I was stepped out of my car late at night and walked into a high-profile restuarant, expecting to be kicked out because I was wearing 4" stiletto boots. Even though the staff noticed instantly, much to my surprise, I was ushered to a prominant table (not something in a corner), and waited on quite normally. Although the other patrons saw my heels, and I noticed they noticed that I, a guy, was wearing heels, that was the full extent of their reaction, the rest being total nonchalance.

• 4 weeks later...

I wear heels to please me when I will not be seen by people that know me - work and family - mostly. Since I travel a bit I have many opportunities to high heel in public, though my experience is much more limited than many here. Perhaps at sometime, I could be more open about my heel wearing. There is probably a part of me that wishes to "get caught" - so I could be completely open and in heels more often.

I wear heels to please me when I will not be seen by people that know me - work and family - mostly. Since I travel a bit I have many opportunities to high heel in public, though my experience is much more limited than many here. Perhaps at sometime, I could be more open about my heel wearing.

There is probably a part of me that wishes to "get caught" - so I could be completely open and in heels more often.

If you've ever worn heels in public, you've probably been "caught." It's just that most people don't care, particularly given the wide range of fashions and idiosynchrocies seen in the movies.

Get a load of Depp's makeup and earrings the next time you watch his latest movie - you could probably attend any nightclub wearing the same and never get a second glance.

I picked the whereever I want whenever I want catagory, and I by far prefer pumps to boots. I just wanted to add that I live in a very paleolithic part of the world where anything beyond the male norm is considered "gay" and the local knuckle draggers are more than willing to back their machismo up with violence. Heels are one thing, sometimes even wearing pink can stir up the ire of the locals. I do wear more conservative block heels most of the time but reserve my pointy pumps for safer locals. Also, I will take days in more progressive places to open up and be myself. I guess my issue is that its not the shoes that matter, its living in a place that makes it difficult to be oneself that is the real tragedy.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 5 months later...

Soulmate told evryone at work today how I dress when we go out - heels, earrings, nailpolish, and how she loves me for it. She knows I dont care who knows about it. The others know the shit i got from my ex (generally, not regarding dress style) and are pleased i am happy. Soulmate said she had never laughed so much before we got together and they all can see how we act together and how its always a laugh when we are in at work.

To Thedesigner, Since I recently complained about your use of abbreviated language, I have to compliment you now on your switch to better English, and thank you for it. Your last post was easy to read. It's great that you and your soulmate have such a positive and cheerful outlook. Support like that is a rare commodity, so keep her happy! You're a great example of a guy successfully heeling publically. By street heeling with a woman, you must really baffle a lot of ignorant people who equate wearing heels with being gay. Breaking that misinformed connection is good for our cause! And you surely exude an air of confidence and cheer that makes us glad to read about your outings. Keep up the good work! GWL

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the seaside yesterday with girlfriend and wore 4" black block heels openly all day together with black and white t shirt, white jeans and black nail polish. Sat outside at cafes etc, nothing adverse, anything but......!! .......because it was part of a co-ordinated fashion look. Personally i think if you do a histyle look people take no notice rather than if you wear mainstream "mensear" with just heels.

• 6 months later...

I tend to wear my heels a lot inside, but on occasion when I'm able to get out I do not drive nor have a liscense to drive a car nor own one either @ present, since I live up on a series of hills, I only wear flat heel footwear to walk down to the bus stop or library (includeing a new pair of FLAT boots, NINE WEST) & it would not make any sense to try & walk in heels down these hills!!;)

so do I (blade heels for one pair that I have, taller black type with my black DEMONIA boots, seen as my avitar on the left and a brand-new pair only for long time street walking black but COMPLETY flat for extended comfort);)

In my case:

"I am a freestyler and wear heels openly outside, whatever I want, whenever I want."

But, to be honest, i have problem with skirts. When i lived in Warsaw there wasn't any problem. Now i live with father again. Sometimes i want to dress in skirt. I do this usualy in the morning (when father is sleeping) and go to shop.

With heels i don't have problems.