It's been a while...

thighhighs

Hi all.

It's been a while since I posted here, but much hasn't happened.

Just thought I'd drop a post to stay alive here.

Here are my newest purchases;

A nice boot with pointy toes and 8cm heels. The perfect boot, like they were shaped in the 80's. Very comfortable to walk in with rubber tip and sole.

I use these every day on my sparetime and at work.

And still... not a word at work (read my older posts). I also have a LOT of sneakers that I use at work and everytime I drop in with a new pair, a lot of comments on those, but not when I wear boots. Hrm... I guess they don't really dare to say anything. Sneakers work for a man but heels stands out from the crowd so they don't really know what to comment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And don't be distracted by the thighhighboots in the background.

I've also bought these with a more cowboy-style. They are more 'plastic' and both the heel and sole makes the plastic click on hard floors.

Posted Image

Both boots a worn under the pants.

Thighighs

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Thanks Bert. As you say, it's peaceful but I think it's also kind of disturbing when people treat you in another way based on the footwear. Not entirely correct, they do not treat me differently, no one is avoiding me, talking behind my back, or such... but no one haven't mentined anything about the heels either. I'm not wearing them to show off or get attention, but if others can comment on me wearing sneakers and T-shirt in the same colour or 'Hey, nice shoes', I'd like to get some comments about the boots at least. Like; 'nice boots' or something, if I wear a new pair for the first time. I get comments on a new jacket, shirt, and other clothes... Maybe I'm asking for too much, maybe I am showing off but don't really know it, maybe I need to get attention, I don't know... Has anyone else felt like this? You have been accepted by your surroundings in the way that they don't talk shit about you, but they don't really talk about the shoes at all. Like; if we try not to mention the fact that he is wearing ladies boots, he might give it up and be normal...

Hey thighhighs! Welcome back. Glad to hear you're doing to well and heeling to work. Those first pair of boots are great. I certainly admire you for wearing heels to work! (then again I have done also but only blocks and wedges) :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I think we all secretly like that "rush" when someone notices the shoes and you don't quite know whether they're going to say something or not. They don't know what to say, their minds can't stretch that far. Even the most confident looking people don't dare to say anything and THAT gives a real feeling of power!!! Now excuse me while I slip on my heels and go for world domination one closed minded human being at a time. :evil:

Hi again.

hi ther thigh highs, where did you get those boots? they're great!!!

The first pair, I bought in a store, or actually a chain of stores called Wedins (www.wedins.se this pair is not there btw), in Stockholm. They costed 399 SEK (about 43 EUR, $55).

It's not an expensive or very-high-quality brand, but it works for normal usage. I like them so much I think about buying an extra pair, just in case something happens to the first pair. (And YES I'm a shopaholic!)

The second pair is from another (lower-quality) chain called Skopunkten (www.skopunkten.se).

(They have a standing offer of 'Buy 3 and get one for free' which is perfect for me who needs :evil: to spend money on shoes every month.

For less than $100 you'll get three pair of boots (or heels, sneakers...).

As I said, there is a difference of quality even with these low prices.

I think we all secretly like that "rush" when someone notices the shoes and you don't quite know whether they're going to say something or not. They don't know what to say, their minds can't stretch that far.

Even the most confident looking people don't dare to say anything and THAT gives a real feeling of power!!!

I agree with the rush feeling, I like it and I guess that's part of why I wear heels.

Lets also hope that the confident people is silent because they don't dare to talk and not because they try to opress with silence...

• 2 weeks later...

->Guy N. Heels Hi there, Thighhighs. Great looking boots! I would like a pair for myself, but I doubt that I can still balance on the narrow heels. Well, with some practice, you'll be up on them again in no time. :evil:

I like both pair, the top or first one is something I would like to have in my collection for certain. The bottom pair I would like also, except with a higher heel. Nice choices and great photos, thanks. About having no comments on the boots. I would imagine that for the majority of people, seeing them probably causes a sort of paralysis by analysis. They probably would like to say something, but maybe fear saying the "wrong" thing. Or, it's so strange and out of place to them they are caught speachless. Until guys wearing heels becomes more commonplace, I don't see what you are experiencing changing much. I would think, however, that women in the workplace would be the first to offer a comment unsolicited. I wear my heels in the office daily.....but then again, I work from my home, LOL, so I guess that doesn't count. Keep it up, the boots are great.

Hey there ThighHigh. Just wanted to say that I really like some of your boots. Though I dont think ive ever see that many pairs of shoe's before. Also, I know, there is no way that i'd be able to walk in some of them. Still look great.

Nice choices and great photos, thanks.

----

Until guys wearing heels becomes more commonplace, I don't see what you are experiencing changing much. I would think, however, that women in the workplace would be the first to offer a comment unsolicited.

I wear my heels in the office daily.....but then again, I work from my home, LOL, so I guess that doesn't count. Keep it up, the boots are great.

Thank you :evil:

Well lets start wearing heels more in public, then we can change the shy attitude of our surroundings. And yes, the female part of my coworkers have actually commented some of my boots, so it's more naturally for them to discuss heels than it is for us boys...

And, office as office... :D

Hey there ThighHigh.

Just wanted to say that I really like some of your boots.

Though I dont think ive ever see that many pairs of shoe's before.

Also, I know, there is no way that i'd be able to walk in some of them.

Still look great.

Thank you too.

I know, I'm a shopaholic. I just can't get a nice pair of shoes/boots out of my head once I've seen them in a shop or on the net. The only way to easy my mind is to buy them.

As you saw in my link in my signature, I have most sneakers (or trainers if you like). My favourite styles at the moment is either Adidas Tuscany or Puma SpeedCat/FutureCat. they are soooooo soft and nice.

Now some of you might think that it's two very different styles of footwear; sneakers and highheels. I agree, but I just love the design of both of them so why shouldn't I have them both?

I have no problems in walking in 4" stilettoe boots a whole week, then again I wear sneakers the next week.

• 2 weeks later...

As the shopaholic I am, I went to the mall today and bought these boots:

Posted Image

The heel is 7cm and that will pass mostly unnoticed, I think.

I would have wonted the shaft to be a bit taller, but then the heel were too high and not so nice...

I'm also drooling over these pair I've found on eBay, I think I'll place a bid on them:

Posted Image

They look really nice and are in my size. The heel is 8.5 cm so it's a bit taller than the first pair, but I just loooooove the design of them...

Well, the shaft on the second pair doesn't appeal to me too much (if it were taller, thinner, with no decoration and with a zipper, then it'd be more than OK) but the toebox and heel are gorgeous. I like the first pair too- they're somehow Beatle or cowboy in appearance :evil:.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Well, the shaft on the second pair doesn't appeal to me too much (if it were taller, thinner, with no decoration and with a zipper, then it'd be more than OK) ---

I get your point :evil:, now this is a cowgirl style so it's supposed to look like this...

I've tried to find boots that fit your discription also, because I like them too, and there are a LOT of them today in the shops, but I haven't found any that is perfect yet (in reasonable pricing). I know you get what you pay for, but I can't afford 150-200 EUR for one pair at the moment...

Here are some links to stores in Sweden so you can see what's hot at the moment;

Wedins Skor & Accessoarer (Click on 'Damskor' and then 'Stövlar&Boots')

DinSko - Startsidan (Click on 'Dam' to the left...)

Skopunkten webbshop - Välj 3 betala 2! (Click on 'Dam...' and then 'Stövlar' or 'Kängor/Boots')

SCORETT FOOTWEAR AB (Mostly in english, see catagories above...)

Halens (catalogshop, click on 'Skor')

välkommen till ellos (catagories to the left)

I'm also drooling over these pair I've found on eBay, I think I'll place a bid on them:

Posted Image

They look really nice and are in my size. The heel is 8.5 cm so it's a bit taller than the first pair, but I just loooooove the design of them...

:evil: ITEM WON !!! :D

For £9.99 I got above boots that are brand new!

Looking forward to a fast shippment so I can try them on asap.

Very cool boots, thighhighs, congratulations! Thank you for the links - WOWWWW. What a fantastic assortment of styles in both shoes and boots. I especially enjoyed the footwear at SCORETT. I'd buy half their product line if I could and they came in my size. Looking forward to some pix of your new boots.

Very cool boots, thighhighs, congratulations!

Thank you for the links - WOWWWW. What a fantastic assortment of styles in both shoes and boots. I especially enjoyed the footwear at SCORETT. I'd buy half their product line if I could and they came in my size.

Looking forward to some pix of your new boots.

Thanks,

yes, SCORETT really have a lot of nice styles. They have some fantastic stillettoeboots that looks so good. If I were a woman, I'd buy all my boots there (if I could afford, they are rather expensive).

Here comes a few new pics of the first cowboystyled boots above;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The heels is higher than ordinary mensboots, but not too high to look strange.

Thighhighs, I'd be willing to bet no one's going to even give those a second look, even with a higher heel. I've a pair I bought from Payless (wearing them now) that never draws any attention, either, unless I sit down on the train or in a restaurant. It's got a narrower, tapered heel, about 3-1/2 inches. But standing with my pant leg hanging down, they look like cowbody boots. One of the things I like about them the most is that they're quite when I walk! I know some of like to sound like a freight train, but I'd prefer to heel with no more noice than a sneaker, if that were possible.

Thighhighs, I'd be willing to bet no one's going to even give those a second look, even with a higher heel.

That's pretty much what came into my head when I saw the pics. They look like guys boots to the untrained eye.

Nice boots by the way! Making me tempted to pick up some similar boots (kneehigh) I saw in Primark yesterday.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Wow - a bit expensive. 1/10th the price for Payless, and 1/3rd the price for mainstream manufacturers which do manufacture boots in my size (I have many).

I'll have to pass. Economics rules. Market economy. Etc.

I hope you're thinking in Euro, the shop is in Sweden and we haven't joined the Euromarket yet. We still use Swedish Krona (SEK).

1 SEK = 0,11 EUR, so the boots for 249 SEK is only 27,40 EUR. Like Payless I guess.

Btw, the other pair of boots above have arrived and they are gourgeous!

They are made by Kit, anyone who has a link to Kit?

Here is a little preview;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the boots above from Kit. Seems I've been leaning toward the western style more and more lately. I'd love to add a pair of these to my meager collection. My huge feet keep me from lots of great styles that continue to tease me by being available in US size 11.... allllllllmost the right size, LOL. Great pix again and thanks for sharing the resources as well.