boots, pumps and sandals

Don't want to start anything but it seems to me this site leans more to boots than any other type of women's footwear. I've noticed any time someone post about boots there is a big responce. mention highheel pumps or sandals and its a taboo. There also seems to be a negative attitude towards anything lower than 2 inchs as long as its not boots, also some seem to think if your not a slim or well built person then you shouldn't wear heels at all. I'v got nothing against boots, flats, or any other fiminine footwear. to each his on. If I have offended anyone then I am sorry and will gladly leave this site.

t-straps are my favorite style.

T-Strap

In my opinion, Boots get more a positive reaction, because more guys feel freeer to wear heeled boots rather than pumps or sandals.

However I think we all can appreciate any type of heeled footwear. So pleae do not leave. Just ignore our vocal minority who think they know more than you and I and do not hesitate to criticize others.

Enjoy your heels!

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Thanks Gary, and Hoverfly. Your support makes me feel better. I do like boots but don't wear them. I can see where someone would feel safer heeling in boots. I would like to wear heels of some type in public but my wife and my nerves won't let me. maybe someday soon.

t-straps are my favorite style.

I wear whatever I want at home, including these:

Posted Image

However, while out in public, I limit my heeling to styles which allow me to wear whatever height heels I want but without attracting attention.

I'd be ecstatic if social norms changed to the point where I could wear the following without any fallout:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Particularly beneath a skirt!

T-Strap, I get similiar few responses when I post about my wedges. It's not that people are against me or what I like to wear, I think more people respond to what they personally like to wear. As Gary pointed out, alot of men here enjoy wearing boots more. I don't think it is a knock against pumps or sandals at all. Matter of fact, so look at the favorite pics or street heeling and you will see ALOT of pumps posted there. I don't think it is anything personal and I certainly did not take your post as anything offensive. Scotty

I wear whatever I want at home, including these:

Posted Image

However, while out in public, I limit my heeling to styles which allow me to wear whatever height heels I want but without attracting attention.

I'd be ecstatic if social norms changed to the point where I could wear the following without any fallout:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Particularly beneath a skirt!

You'd be amazed at what you can get away with these days!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

You'd be amazed at what you can get away with these days!

But you can only 'get away with' things that you yourself can 'get away with' in your own mind. Put those sandals on and feel great about the look and you can go anywhere; but, if you put them on, give yourself a good hard look in the mirror and there's doubt in your mind, you can't.

I like boots and pumps myself, both with stiletto heels. I do however have an appreciation for stiletto anything. Wedges, platforms and chunky heels tend not to get me too excited, but there are a few exceptions. Flats don't do it for me at all. I don't find them attractive and they kill my back and make my arches hurt.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I like boots and pumps myself, both with stiletto heels. I do however have an appreciation for stiletto anything. Wedges, platforms and chunky heels tend not to get me too excited, but there are a few exceptions. Flats don't do it for me at all. I don't find them attractive and they kill my back and make my arches hurt.

Let me put it this way.

I love the look of stiletto heels, however, I do not like the look of stiletto heels on ME.

Let me put it this way.

I love the look of stiletto heels, however, I do not like the look of stiletto heels on ME.

I guess I should have elaborated a bit more, huh scotty. The truth be told I happy for anyone who has found a heel style they love and love to wear. I agree scotty that in order to pull off wearing heels in public, you have to like the look of those heels on you. If you don't think stilettos look good on you, then you're right, they are not for you. I know you love your wedges and that you are perfectly comfy in public in them because you like the image you see when you wear them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I guess I should have elaborated a bit more, huh scotty. The truth be told I happy for anyone who has found a heel style they love and love to wear. I agree scotty that in order to pull off wearing heels in public, you have to like the look of those heels on you. If you don't think stilettos look good on you, then you're right, they are not for you. I know you love your wedges and that you are perfectly comfy in public in them because you like the image you see when you wear them.

Well, it's not that I love wedges as much as I love the feeling of heels. My "body type" doesn't support the look of stilettos nor does my wife approve of me wearing stilettos. I used to wear block heels and was comfortable in them as well, however, my wife wasn't comfortable with that (initially she let me wear them but later confessed she wasn't comfortable with me wearing them).

In addition, my desire to wear heels in public isn't to get noticed, but rather I like how they feel. Wedges provide the discreation that both me and my wife can accept and they give me the high heel feeling I enjoy. I suppose THAT does give me confidence and projects a more positive image.

If I were young, thin, and single, perhaps I would join you all in public stilettos, however, I am not (either of them), so I have to live within my boundries.

Scotty

I Like boots but I also like sandals. I have a pair of pumps but they are a little small and I prefer my b&s to them . I personaly don't have anything against lower heels but I won't wear them as I think I would look frumpy in them. I have three pair of wedges and I like the support they give me as they'er wider than a stiletto heel. I do like stilettos and havefive pair of them.

77r90dL lf

But you can only 'get away with' things that you yourself can 'get away with' in your own mind. Put those sandals on and feel great about the look and you can go anywhere; but, if you put them on, give yourself a good hard look in the mirror and there's doubt in your mind, you can't.

I've little doubt that I can get away with wearing heels, as I wear them quite often.

What I'd like is two-fold:

First, to wear other styles, such as the gladiator sandals, without attracting attention, and...

Second, to be able to wear them to work (currently verbotten due to my interaction with the corporation's clients).

When heelwear by men becomes a widely accepted fashion norm, I'll be able to do both. Until then, it's conservative boots and jeans off-work, and professional clogs or loafers while at work.

Indeed. This happened today when I was trying on my new suede jacket with some of my shoes. Some of the outfits worked so well I had an adrenalin rush as saw my reflection in the mirror! Now, I don't love myself but I looked damn good. :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

interesting thread :evil: i've noticed a trend a lot of places where boot lovers are getting more vocal and a lot more attention. that is cool i don't wear heels.. so.. i won't comment much other than to each his/her own. i prefer the look of pumps.. sandals.. and some wedges.. however.. my fiance has gotten some very nice boots in the past and helped open my mind even more to that area of feminine footwear. Preference will alwasy be towards pumps in my case however... but.. then again.... the above have said it well RPM

interesting thread :evil:

i've noticed a trend a lot of places where boot lovers are getting more vocal and a lot more attention. that is cool

i don't wear heels.. so.. i won't comment much other than to each his/her own.

i prefer the look of pumps.. sandals.. and some wedges.. however.. my fiance has gotten some very nice boots in the past and helped open my mind even more to that area of feminine footwear.

Preference will alwasy be towards pumps in my case however... but.. then again.... the above have said it well

RPM

You don't wear heels? Three hundred plus posts on www.hhplace.org and you don't wear heels? From your numerous posts, you're obviously fascinated by heels, so...

Try 'em. You might like them. Even some conservative ones.

the guys go for boots because you get more support, and less vamp show when worn with trousers. Try to remember that this forum is not just for the guys, or the streetheelers, but anyone who has any interest in high heels, I think was established elsewhere at C8cm. If your fancy is sandals, good on you, go for it.

totter along into history

You do what your body will let you do depending on your age, physical condition, and health limitations. For decades, I wore platforms, flats, sandles, pumps, t-straps, Mary-Janes, and any other style of women's shoe that I could get my hands on, but not boots, but always with the highest heels and styles that the every-day-out-and-about women wore in public. As the years went by, I gradually settled on pumps and stiletto heels as to their yummy good looks and their very sexy feelings while wearing them. At this stage of the game, I can no longer do that activity but must enjoy boots with the chunkiest and sturdiest heel and the support that they can provide. Hey---I'm still wearing heels and still enjoying public street-heeling, but who knows for how much longer. Admittedly, the heels have gotten chunkier, and a bit shorter, but this still does not stop me from enjoying looking at, or envying those who can still do what I have enjoyed doing for many decades. Cudos and more power to you all, male or female. I maybe a bit slower with a limp, but look down the block, I'm still here. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

May you forever enjoy your heels Dawn HH. And keep up the posts, I look forward to the uplifting and helpful comments you add. As for the original post, enjoy your heels in whatever form t-strap lover and let us all know about it, this is a hh forum, not bootlovers anonymous :evil:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• 3 weeks later...

Well said, Fogborkenvv. You cannot escape yourself! If you can see it and believe it, you can acheive it. But with the first particle of doubt you are down and out.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

No offense to me! Love all heels -- even ballet flats! Those contrast with the arch stretching usually seen with the tall heels. Flat look is good 'change-up'. Also, boots are terrific, but the more foot that shows, the more fem and wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

There may be a grain of truth in that. The few times I've been out in heels I've gone from being relieved no-one noticed, to being disappointed no-one noticed! On balance though I think I'd rather just be able to wear them without attracting attention. Chris