On holiday

Mikey63

I've recently returned from a weeks holiday in south Devon, I had a great time, but more to the point I didn't take even one pair of mens shoes or jeans with me.

We walked through Torquay, me very casually wearing womens bootcut jeans and my 3 inch heel wedge sandals. The worst of it was definately in my head, a few people (mainly women) noticed what I was wearing, I just held my head high and wandered around confident that I was comfortable and looked the way I wanted to look.... good.

This was the first time i've ever worn women's shoes and jeans at the same time, there were a few times when I got very self concious and wanted to get back to the car, but I resisted.

I wish I had photo's, but my GF turned technophobic at the sight of a digital camera. Something like this (minus the hoodie top)

Posted ImagePosted Image

We went to a bar for lunch, it was fairly quiet at the secondary bar where I ordered our food and within 2 minutes the barmaid had complimented my appearance, she said she thought more men should try womens style jeans, but she wasnt so sure that the shoes would catch on :D . As popular opinion doesnt concern me I took this part compliment very well.

The nights out were interesting....... long dark bootcut jeans, 4 inch heeled boots and a choice of very fashionable mens shirts. Again I think it was just the women who noticed me and again the stares turned to smiles, almost made me wish I were single and free!! :evil:

My gf clearly did not like this attention and stuck to me like glue :D

Overall, the reactions I had were very positive and I feel like im really breaking my own mental male/female fashion boundries.

The only downside was the heels made me feel quite vunerable at night and for our protection (as I have a duty to be the protector) I always carried a "Kubotan" self defense weapon in my pocket.

Looks awesome. I find universally positive comments when wearing women's jeans. I think many women like the more fashionable look on men. Even my wife, who is not into heels, loves it when I wear the lower cut women's jeans. general acceptance for the heels will take a bit more time.

Because I did a lot of cycling in my youth, I always either had to get jeans that fit my thighs and have the waist altered (reduced), or I had to wear women's jeans, which were cut for larger hips/thighs. In recent years, I'd been wearing men's jeans as that suited my growing middle-aged belly. But as I've lost that due to cycling, I'm back to searching the women's racks for jeans. I do wish they'd make some plain jeans, though. Way too much curly-cue designs on the pockets which make it obvious that the jeans were intended for women.

Actually, the biggest difference I notice between mens and womens jeans is the outside leg stitching..... On mens its dead straight and looks terrible, womens jeans curve in around the knee and fit snug around the arse (instead of looking like they're 6 sizes too big). Nothing looks better with heels than a good pair of jean's.

• 3 weeks later...

Wedges are great, they can be worn much more casualy. Walking along the beech/seafront was no problem at all and onlookers don't immediately assume "weirdo" or "pervert", which are rare comments i've unfortunately had when wearing 4 inh heeled boots. Im slowly phasing out all of my mens shoes (only 2 pairs left now) and wedge heels are going to take up most of my new collection.

I've always found women's jeans a better fit then men's. I don't own a pair of men's jeans or shorts. I still wear men's slacks at work but I change into jeans, shorts or leggins as soon as I get home.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi all, Mikey, what is it about the appearance of the jeans that makes them identifiable as intended for women? I've got my eye on a couple of pairs of women's bootcut trousers, black and grey, to complement my heel-wearing. I'm also planning to buy a long coat for the winter, a 'city-coat' from Long Tall Sally, which should look fabulous with my heeled boots. Bit pricey but I've fallen for it! I went to the store last weekend to try it on, which I suspect made the day of the sales staff! The trousers I'm interested in are also from the same retailler. They also have long, on-the-waist bootcut jeans. All best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Generaly the difference I notice is they're tighter around the bottom, which gives the effect of longer legs because theres no baggyness and the outside leg around the knee has a bit of curve instead of being dead straight. Of the 9 pairs I own, the Levi 525 (bootcut) and 544 (flared) are probably my favourite. They both fit tight around the thigh and flare out from the knee, giving a very nice curvy shape. The bonus for me is that only women seem to notice. Infact at a guess, 95% of women notice compared to less than 5% men (closer to zero in my opinion). This is because most men sadly don't have any fashion sense at all, a pair of jeans is a pair of jeans to them.

mikey63 i have been wearing female style jeans for a few years now and not only do they fit better, they are much more comfortable because they actually stretch abit, unlike mens jeans which don't stretch at all. i have four pairs of bootcut jeans i either wear them turned up with trainers or turned down with heels. when wearing with heels alot of people just don't notice. usually the first thing poeple notice when i wear heels is the pointed toe on the boots then they notice the heel. weird but there ya go. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!