World Heel Meet 2007, London: Sat. March 10th

kneehighs

It is great to hear that you are coming too. Looking forward to see you.

I booked the Astor over Internet and my first look said £80 and some weeks later it was £99. I guess the closer it comes the higher the price will be. I will share room with Ramon020 from Holland which cut costs quite a bit. If you are willing to share I am sure there are other long distance traveller who are willing to do so. The price difference for a double room compared to a single one is normally very small and to share room makes it a much better deal. Pop the question here if you are willing to share and I am sure you will get some answers.

I don't know at what time we'll head for TG but I guess I'll take the same route as kneehighs and go back to the hotel to change. My feet will probably need some break too cuz I believe that being in heels from maybe 10 in the morning to well after midnight will kill both me and my feet :wink:

c ya

I only live a bus-ride away but even I'm tempted to share just so I've got somewhere to change for the TG and dump my stuff. I'd rather get back to a hotel than go all the way home in my TG outfit!

That assumes that there's someone who doesn't mind sharing with an old tranny tart!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I still have a question in my mind. I've looked after pictures in TG and I'm wondering if I can get there as normaly man-dressed (shirt and jeans or black trousers) and lovelly 4,5-5,0 inches high heeled shoes or boots (without plateform)?

Doubt it. You'll probably have to wear leather jeans at the very least.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

i has to say that i dont think i will be... its just now looks so unreal...

That's a shame because it is going to be bloody FANTASTIC!

If you have a problem, PM me and we'll see if I can sort it out for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f_private Posted Image

I still have a question in my mind. I've looked after pictures in TG and I'm wondering if I can get there as normaly man-dressed (shirt and jeans or black trousers) and lovelly 4,5-5,0 inches high heeled shoes or boots (without plateform)?

Doubt it. You'll probably have to wear leather jeans at the very least.

Will there be a changing room in the TG? (I have some stuff but I don't want to get in street with those on me) (No problem for HH)

Will there be a changing room in the TG? (I have some stuff but I don't want to get in street with those on me) (No problem for HH)

As far as I know there will be a changing room at TG.

I agree that I might not want to be out on the streets in my outfit by MYSELF but remember we will be a group of people in "strange" clothing. And most probably we will go by taxi I think. If some local people can let us other know what distances we are talking about it would be of help.

There is a changing room but I personally don't like changing rooms as it's all too easy for someone else to nick something. Especially in that sort of environment where people have spent a lot of money on an outfit.

As far as I know there will be a changing room at TG.

I agree that I might not want to be out on the streets in my outfit by MYSELF but remember we will be a group of people in "strange" clothing. And most probably we will go by taxi I think. If some local people can let us other know what distances we are talking about it would be of help.

AFAIK, the Torture Garden is south of the river near Brixton so if you were travelling from Soho then you'd need to get a taxi, a bus from Charing Cross Road or take the tube. Brixton is a good few miles away.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

AFAIK, the Torture Garden is south of the river near Brixton so if you were travelling from Soho then you'd need to get a taxi, a bus from Charing Cross Road or take the tube. Brixton is a good few miles away.

Actually, Torture Garden is a venue that often, but not always, moves from one location to another.

On Saturday, March 10th, Torture Garden will be held at Canvas which is right near the Kings Cross station.

You can verify this information by reading the TG website.

Click Enter, then on the lower left hand page, you will see a section titled Provisionals. Under that, you will read that TG will be held at Canvas. This has been confirmed to me by Charlotte, a TG staffer.

Torture Garden Directions: confirmed by TG site and Charlotte of TG staff

Canvas Building

Kings Cross Freight Depot

Off York Way

London N1 0UZ

There is parking for 150 cars.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Actually, Torture Garden is a venue that often, but not always, moves from one location to another.

On Saturday, March 10th, Torture Garden will be held at Canvas which is right near the Kings Cross station.

You can verify this information by reading the TG website.

Click Enter, then on the lower left hand page, you will see a section titled Provisionals. Under that, you will read that TG will be held at Canvas. This has been confirmed to me by Charlotte, a TG staffer.

Torture Garden Directions: confirmed by TG site and Charlotte of TG staff

Canvas Building

Kings Cross Freight Depot

Off York Way

London N1 0UZ

There is parking for 150 cars.

I may have my car handy for up to four passengers but I'm not promising anything at this stage.

Well that shows what I know! :wink:

I read something on the site regarding it being in Brixton - as I'm aware now it's probably a past venue now.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

Thx.

Hi airwolf, thats a good question. When I asked Charlotte from the TG staff the same question, she said the tickets would go on sale after their Valentines Day Event. The Valentines Day event is on Saturday, Feb. 10 2007.

The phone number that you can call to purchase tickets 24/7 is posted on the TG site. That phone number is:

0845 116 3000

I'll be keeping an close eye on when tickets go on sale and as soon as I find out they are on sale, I will post immediately here.

Thx.

How are tickets ordered?

Hi airwolf! :wink: You just call the number posted above and add the proper international dialing codes to it.

011 44 845 116 3000

:D

Hi airwolf! :wink: You just call the number posted above and add the proper international dialing codes to it.

011 44 845 116 3000

:D

...But only from the US. If calling from any other country you will need to dial the appropriate international code for the UK.

the number is: ++845 116 3000

...But only from the US. If calling from any other country you will need to dial the appropriate international code for the UK.

the number is: ++845 116 3000

The country code for the UK is always 44 so +44 845 116 3000. Also, 0845 numbers cannot always be called from outside the the UK and you may be charged a higher rate than for normal numbers. The UK has several of these scam covert premium rate codes (0844, 0845, 0870, 0871, 070xxxxx) where there is revenue shared with the recipient. See http://www.saynoto0870.com

That's a shame because it is going to be bloody FANTASTIC!

This is soooo true! I was just reading the posts from last years First Annual World Heel Meet. It was sooo much fun meeting all the long time members of this forum.

Meeting up with the virtual Founding Fathers who put together hhplace and kept it running for many years...that was amazing.

It was like a dream come true.

Now, this year promises to be even more spectacular and even better organized:

-- We won't have the Oxford Street, New Oxford Street Starbucks confusion, we have just one Starbucks to meet up at.

-- We'll have a private room at The Miller and delicious and very affordable drinks and snacks to go with it....

-- We'll be just minutes from London and Tower Bridge for the out of towners...minutes from the Tate Modern and minutes from the River Thames.

This years Annual World Heel Meet is going to the best heel meet ever. It will set a new standard for heel meets and profoundly impact those who are fortunate enough to attend.

I sincerely look forward to seeing you all there! The months are turning into weeks and the weeks will soon be turning into days!

Only 5 weeks now!

If you're thinking of coming but aren't sure whether you can afford it think of this:

If it is going to cost you £100 to get here then why not just save £20 per week? I buy a newspaper and a cup of tea every day which costs me £1 per day. That's £7 per week, 7x5 is £35, that's over a third of what I would need! Next I spend £15 per week on fuel getting to and from work, if you organise a car pool with two other people then you will only spend £5 per week saving another £10, that works out another £50, £85 in total! Put another £15 to it (I mean what's that?) and you're at one of the best experiences you will have in connection with your heel wearing!

I am not kidding!!!

Just ask anyone who came last year!

Have you wondered why so many of them are doing whatever they can to come to this year's? Some are taking time off work, some are selling on ebay to get the money together and some are "doing deals" to swap shifts with workmates just so they can get here!

OK I accept that if you're coming from the US and Europe then you have to find the airfare and money for a hotel, but what is it worth? If you really want to be here you will find a way!

Hi Kneehighs, I have just made up my decision. I'll come to London in march again. It would be really a shame if a participant of the 1. International Heel Meeting would be absent at the second meeting! I'll write you tomorrow a PM because of the accomodation. My preference is a common appartment with other guys. That's not so expensive as a lonesome single hotel room and guaranteed much funnier :wink: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

micha!!!

That is awesome news. I'm sure the others will be equally happy you are coming.

I'll be looking for your private message. Hopefully that will include your intended dates of arrival and departure.

Thanks!

micha!!!

That is awesome news. I'm sure the others will be equally happy you are coming.

I'll be looking for your private message. Hopefully that will include your intended dates of arrival and departure.

Thanks!

He he, you are quicker than a flash of lightning!

I'm planning like you 4 days. I have just controlled "The Miller" and the "Winrose". Still not outbooked. But my detailed questions tomorrow ...

nice greetings, micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Here's a map of the area of Snowfields Rd.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=532817&y=179859&z=0&sv=SE1+3SS&st=2&pc=SE1+3SS&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Years ago, this was a pretty rundown area of town. I don't know what it's like now, but judging by the amount of gun crime reported in SE1, I'm not sure whether or not I'd like to be out there by myself in heels, especially at night.

Perhaps Dr Shoe might be able to give us an update.

Xa

Heelfan and Dr. Shoe visited The Miller on a friday night just a couple of weeks ago. They didn't mention anything about feeling fear for their safety. I look forward to hearing what either of them have to say. Plus, people will not be hanging out in the area all alone, they will be primarily in public places among other people. And the majority of that time will be spent in public places during the day.

A MAP of the area has been up for weeks already in the calendar section.

Xa was kind enough to remind me about the LONDON TRAVEL CARD, which addresses the transportation needs of attendees.

From the TUBE website:

If you are visiting London, with so much to see and do, you will need a Travelcard to get around the capital. A Travelcard will help you to move easily, quickly and economically around London’s Public Transport network. Use a Travelcard to travel from your hotel, to any number of London’s world-class theatres, cinemas, restaurants, attractions and shopping boutiques.

Do not forget that you can use your Travelcard for travel into London from Heathrow using the Underground, and from London City Airport using London’s buses and DLR connections to the Underground. (excludes Heathrow Express and City Airport Coach Link)

Tip! Passengers boarding a bus in central London are now required to have paid for their journey prior to travelling. Another reason why a Travelcard is the easiest and most convenient way to meet your transport needs in London.

A Travelcard is the only way to get around London, and you can choose from Travelcards valid for use within Zones 1-2 or Zones 1-6. Use your Travelcard to travel around London on:

London Underground

London Buses

National Rail Trains

The Docklands Light Railway

Tramlink

Travelcard holders also receive a 33% discount on London River Services.

Years ago, this was a pretty rundown area of town. I don't know what it's like now, ...

Certainly used to be a very rough part of London years ago. There are still some council estates round there (= project housing in the USA) but most of the area has been cleaned up, certainly going north to the river is all OK now. There are a lot of interesting places within half a mile, such as Tate Modern, Vinopolis, HMS Belfast, The London Dungeon and plenty more. Mostly along the river.

Just sorry I can't join all of you as I'm otherwise committed all weekend.