World Heel Meet 2007, London: Sat. March 10th

kneehighs

it has possible i will be there too.

That would be great. An unofficial ambassador from Latvia!

Pam hmm, meeting on Friday...meeting on Monday...stay over for the weekend?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Nick---"Tara meet Jan, Jan..Tara"

alt-f--As the late great Heelfan would always say, "Heels are not compulsory". Last year we had a couple guys that were in flats and still felt like they fit in. I know I find it a joy to meet other like minded people, regardless of if they are wearing heels or not. As well, I respect each individuals own unique level of comfort: some will be in thighboots, some will be in wedges, some may even be in trainers. But at the end of the day you know what? I have a new friend with a common interest. :rocker:

What I recommend is that you bring a change of shoes in a bag. That way if you feel inspired when you witness the "power in numbers" of twenty-something other guys freestyling safely and confidently, you can join in on the fun.

Kneehighs: Whats with the "late great heelfan" thing. Has something happened to him that we're not aware of? How about his daughter, is she still in business?

"late great" was meant as a personal expression of admiration for what Heelfan has done for our community. In a sense, I look to him for guidance...and since he has been on tour lately and not as active as he once was, I referred to him as the "late great". Everything is fine with Peachy and him as well.

Can move "iloveboots" to "probable". Look forward to meeting everyone. Will arrive the am on the 9th and head home on the 12th. Hope I can meet up with many of you on the 9th for some shopping and possibly theatre/dinner that evening as well?

Cheers,

david from Canada

FINAL DATE: Saturday, March 10th

details to be announced.

Probable attendees

1. Shafted--United States

2. kneehighs--United States

3. Gary0618--United States

4. Gary0618's wife--United States

5. Heel-D--England

6. Heel-D's other half--a very supportive girlfriend--England

7. Robert--Netherlands

8. fogborkenvv--England

9. Mrs. fogborkenvv--England

10. euchrid--England

11. Xaphod--England

12. Calv--not via Heathrow Airport this time! England

13. admirer5577--Sweden

14. Dougal--England

15. Heelfan or Peachy--England

16. crotchhiboots--United States

17. Tara--England

18. shakedown--England

19. heeluis--Germany

20. firefox--England

21. Richie--England

22. ramon020--Amsterdam

Possible attendees

1. dww

2. HellOnHeels

3. Mrs. HellOnHeels

4. Krapsparov

5. iloveboots

I think we can pull upwards of 25 attendees at this meet.

:rocker:

If you don't want your picture posted on the internet, it's no problem. Last year, there were people who did not want their pics posted and we didn't post them. We will all respect such privacy again this year.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

iloveboots :rocker:

Thanks for the update. And thanks for making the cross Atlantic trip to meet up with everyone!

You are now the 26th person to be added to the probable attendees list:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3&day=2007-3-10

Additional updates about the heel meet attendees, activities and key contact information will be posted in the calendar thread above.

I will be there too. Going to the UK has been one of my dreams for a long time and what a better way than to combine heels with a dream trip. This time I won't have any problems getting there. I look forward to meeting many of you and seeing some of you again. This week I will be applying for a passport . Kneehis' has been very supportive and I thank him for this. See you all there Crotchhiboots

• Like 1

77r90dL lf

May I attend?

I am from the DC area.

This will be my first time in London, and my stay will be short.

I know that I am a complete stranger, but...

Would it be possible for one of the locals attending the meet to put me up for 2-3 nights? I would be glad to compensate in BP or USD. I am asking because I am unfamiliar with London and I do not want to get lost, etc.

Thx.

Here are some links of me:

http://storeandserve.com/download/610104/100_0042.jpg.html

http://storeandserve.com/download/610102/100_0041.jpg.html

airwolf: Don't worry about getting lost. I believe there are a bunch of us that aren't too familiar with the city although I have been there a couple of times. But prob 10 years ago last time.

I think we all will try to stay at the same hotel, we just have to decide on one. And we will have a great time. will you also arrive Friday and leave Monday?

iloveboots: I don't know about the others but I for sure would like to see some musical. When in NYC I saw two; Avenue Q and Mamma Mia. Being swedish I just couldn't miss Mamma Mia, could I?

Can't wait to see you guys in London!

airwolf Many of us will be staying at the same hotel and you are welcome to share a room with a couple of us if you would like. The hotel arrangements are not yet set in stone as the winter deals aren't being posted as of yet. As soon as those deals are advertised and we can come to a consensus as to which hotel is best for the majority, we'll notify you. It shouldn't be too much longer. Your presence is gladly appreciated. A group of us will be joining together on Friday and Sunday as well, making this a 3/4 day heel meet in reality.

dr1819 GLAD to hear you will make it!:rocker:

For updates on the attendees and plans for Friday and Sunday, please visit the calendar section.

so what is this all about? What are the details and what goes on? Sorry fo all the questions.

Bernheels

Thats a great question, Bernheels.

To assimilate, I think we need acceptance from within and from without. We need to accept how we view ourselves (from within) and get others to accept how they view us (from without) to achieve maximum possible assimilation.

A heel meet focuses on fostering the acceptance from within (IMO). A heel meet brings to life what we read in text here. It gives the text behind a member name voice pitch, voice volume, speech rate, and body language. It creates a Real World social support network rich with encouragement and abundant empathy where members can nurture each other to richer heights of actualization and normalization of our freestyling desires.

Thus, heel meets are about promoting acceptance from the inside->out (from within) as opposed to from the outside->in (from without).

Bernheels;

so what is this all about? What are the details and what goes on? Sorry fo all the questions.

Bernheels

My enjoyment of the Heel Meets is more along the lines of fellowship.

We chat online, and in some cases on the phone. However, nothing beats meeting each other in person.

Having these meets for me is another social event, a chance to meet people from a variety of backrounds, who all have at least one thing in common... Our interest in Heels.

Is this any different from any other convention / meeting / get together that may happen in any city, anywhere in the world?

We meet as acquanitances and part as friends. Almost all of us start out enjoying our hobby alone, and many of us never to get the opportunity to share this with others. Attending a Heel Meet give us all the opportunities to Share our thoughts, feelings, and interests. And you know what? You may find you have many other things in common besides Heels.

So, even if you are not ready to wear heels in public yet, and would like to share in the fellowship we enjoy, come out to the next meet. Or organize one in your area. Even if only 2 or 3 people attend, you will wonder why you had not done this before.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I reccommend the Chamberlaine Hotel in Minories. It is well located for getting to and from the West End and is tranny friendly so will have no problems with guys in heels. Also it is right next to the Iconic Tower Bridge and the Tower Of London:

http://www.hotelsrus.com/search.php?ref=AFAH5&fn=hotelinfo&HotelCode=DCHAJAC&gclid=CJfM8PzG_ogCFSoMQgodkjVxBA

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I reccommend the Chamberlaine Hotel in Minories. It is well located for getting to and from the West End and is tranny friendly so will have no problems with guys in heels. Also it is right next to the Iconic Tower Bridge and the Tower Of London:

http://www.hotelsrus.com/search.php?ref=AFAH5&fn=hotelinfo&HotelCode=DCHAJAC&gclid=CJfM8PzG_ogCFSoMQgodkjVxBA

Thanks for the recommendation. I've spent a good 14-16 hours now researching various hotels throughout London, trying to accomodate the whole group.

Perhaps we will bite on this one. Last year through using priceline.com I was able to secure the Novotel Euston for $97/night (with tax and fees) a night.

I just don't want to be hasty.

Will hotel rooms be available starting the night of March 8th or March 9th?

I need to know to make my travel plans accordingly.

Thx.

airwolf I've spent another three hours now researching possible hotel stays in London, and so far the best rooms at the best rates are turning out to be in apartments.

The bad news:

1. Instead of everyone staying under one roof, we would be staying in separate apartments.

The good news:

tends to outweigh the bad news

1. Price--about $100 U.S. per person per night

2. Location, location, location--Soho!!!! This can NOT be beat at the price that they offer. Additionally, if we can all book apartments in Soho, we would all really be within walking distance of each other. Plus, we would be within walking distance of the Tottenham Court Road Tube Station Starbucks for the meet.

3. Kitchens--for cooking our own toast, beans, bacon, sausage, fried tomatoes, and eggs in!

4. Amenities--close to transportation, close to pubs, restaurants, nightlife, shopping

5. TUBE/SUBWAY--close to the TUBE!

I realize I said that we were all going to stay under one roof, but the cons tended to outnumber the pros for the hotels.

Take a look at the web site and the really good rates we can get on some really nice apartments in Soho. I just sent my booking request for the DOLLY apartment for three nights (from March 9th-March 12th):

heeluis, Shafted, and me will be staying in this room.

There are still multiple three bedroom and two bedroom apartments available in SOHO at this time, so if you want to be on the safe side, you could book the apartment now then book your airfare. Or you could be like me and just book the airfare and let the apartment accomodations fall into place.

I doubt getting a roommate for your stay (probably 3-4 nights?) would be difficult.

http://www.outlet4holidays.com/

Just to inform anyone who is interested, it is 6:43 am now here EST is nyc and this agency has already charged my credit card for the full stay and confirmed my reservation.

There is a 50 pound charge for stays under 4 nights, so I'd book for four nights if you can. The total cost per person (me, heeluis, Shafted) will be $93 U.S./night including all applicable taxes and fees. For this Amazing Location, that is a bargain relative to the Soho areas astronomically expensive hotel rates.

One benefit to renting an apartment that I've thought of is the possibility of holding a small party on Saturday afternoon at one of the apartments. People could bring their own food, beer, drinks, and a small group of us could spend the afternoon at one of the apartments as opposed to sight seeing, shopping, or whatever else. Its just a thought at the moment and an idea to run past Heelfan and any apartment dwellers, but it would certainly accomodate those among us who are not ready to walk the streets of London amidst a large group of freestylers.

This all sounds REALLY exciting! Though I live in London, I'm thinking that it might be a special treat to stay in Soho for 4 nights and to share with some of you guys and come to the parties etc!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Saturday Night Clubbing Plans

Get ready for the ride of your life as we will be visiting

TORTURE GARDEN.

being held at Canvas

Kings Cross

March 10th!

confirmed date, time, and location with Charlotte from the Staff at Torture Garden. Sorry, no group discounts apply. Torture Garden is a venue that moves from one location to another location around London. It is also held irregularly and we are lucky that it is being held on the day of the meet.

Posted Image

I think this will be an excellent opportunity for anyone interested to really experiment with their wildest fantasies. And the best part is that what would be considered extreme for street fashions will be considered normal inside the club!

From their website:

Torture Garden is the worlds largest Fetish Club. Events Attract 800 - 2500 people monthly to various London venues. TG is also a top Latex Fetish Fashion Label and a Production / Performance Agency....

....Alan Pelling and David Wood formed Torture Garden as a Fetish Club in October 1990. Alan's background was as an alternative club promoter & DJ - new to London, and David's was a conceptual art & film graduate who had been going to fetish clubs since 84. Together they were bored with the existing retro alternative clubs and suburban style fetish clubs. They wanted to create a new kind of radical alternative fetish club that combined progressive music, multiple environments, fashion, performance, visuals, installations, market area and more.

100 people came to the first event at the Opera On The Green venue in a shopping precinct in Shepherds Bush on a Thursday night, but by the 5th there were 500 and it was rammed! By this time TG had developed it's own unique crowd that combined the Alternative post Goth / Industrial, hard-core SM, Fetish Fashion and Gay & Straight scenes, with the totally new Body Art / Piercing scenes. Early shows included body ritual by the Temple ov Psychic Youth, experimental percussion by Zev and performance by Archaos Circus. There was no other club in the world like it!...

Posted Image

....In the 80's and early 90's Fetish & SM was still taboo and very underground, and even dressing in Rubber and going to a fetish club seemed a dangerous activity. As TG's notoriety grew, so did the `shock & scandal' reports in the tabloids, resulting in the Police frequently forcing venues to close events in 1991 - 1993, and the shadow of the Spanner Case also hung over the scene during the early 90's.

However, as numbers attending grew at prestigious venues such as the Ministry of Sound, and fetish fashion and creativity influenced the mainstream, fetish became trendy and venues actively wanted us at their venues.

As British society opened up to sexuality in general during the late 90's, the media also changed in their attitude to fetish. From tabloid to channel 4, fetish was now generally depicted in a positive light.

In the new millennium it seems that everyone knows someone that's been to a fetish club and it's generally becoming acceptable. However fetish and fetish clubbing is not for everyone, and we don't want just any-body at our events.

TG's multi-dimensional events cater equally for a huge range of open-minded individuals from young fashionable clubber to alternative arty weirdo and sophisticated SM regular. Providing something for every-body from any age group (18-50+), sexual orientation and gender. Creating an environment that accepts and encourages individualism, diversity and free self-expression.

Ultimately it is the crowd above all that generates the energy and atmosphere of an event, and the TG crowd is the most diverse, radically dressed up and cutting edge crowd in the world wide scene. It is they who have made TG what it is.

This was not a unilateral decision on my behalf, it was a decision that I made democratically through the likes of heeluis, admirer5577, ramon020, Gary0618, MrsHeels, HellonHeels, crotchhiboots, Fog (who will not be going) and a few others.

Please notify me ASAP if you intend on attending the torture garden event. I'll be updating the attendees list in a section specifically devoted to Torture Garden attendees in the Calendars Section. See you guys there.

Here is a link to a clip on Torture Garden at You Tube:

:rocker:

Here is a good hotel as recommended by Heelfan. Its very close to Oxford street and the prices are quite reasonable.

http://www.winrosehotel.co.uk/

Robert from the Netherlands will be staying there too. If you don't want to book an apartment in Soho with us, this hotel would be an excellent alternative.

Again, I'll be keeping the calendar section updated on a daily basis regarding new information.

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2007-3-10&e=3&c=1

A WORD ABOUT TORTURE GARDEN:

This venue tends to sell out far in advance. So if you are among the attendees, please watch this thread closely. I'll be pming each and everyone of the attendees when the tickets go on sale. According to Charlotte at the club, that will probably be in Feb.