21. Richie--England

22. ramon020--Amsterdam

Possible attendees

1. dww

2. HellOnHeels

3. Mrs. HellOnHeels

4. Krapsparov

5. iloveboots

I think we can pull upwards of 25 attendees at this meet.

:evil:

If you don't want your picture posted on the internet, it's no problem. Last year, there were people who did not want their pics posted and we didn't post them. We will all respect such privacy again this year.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, you can definitely count me in on this! :D A suggestion on what to do and where to go. Maybe we can go to Kings Road in Chelsea, nice stores (they have a Nine West store), and places to eat and drink. Let me know. :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Xa, Si, Firefox, Heelfan, Heeluis, be looking for a call from me. Flights are really cheap to London at this time of year. This is why they meet will be held near the end of winter--so as to take advantage of the low cost savings specials.

Count me in. I'll definitely be there if I am free on the day. The missus is currently working Saturdays which would make it tricky but that may have all changed by next March. Here's hoping anyway. :evil:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Count me in.

I'll definitely be there if I am free on the day. The missus is currently working Saturdays which would make it tricky but that may have all changed by next March. Here's hoping anyway. :evil:

Hey euchrid,

I remember you very well!

You've been added to the probable attendees list.

Hopefully you can do whatever it takes to visit for at least a few hours.

This meet will top last years for sure.

:D

I'll be booking when my wallet recovers from NYC including what I plan to spend while I'm there. I do plan on going.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I can't see my name on the list yet but i should be there (and not via Heathrow Airport this time either)

Calv

Thats great Calv! It will be nice to see you there!

I added your name to the growing list of probable attendees.

I just realized I have seen this thread for a while now but haven't yet written that I will probably come.

Put me up on the list too, hopefully my wallet have recovered enough after NYC trip and x-mas holidays.....

It would be great to see you there! Its during the winter airfare rate discount season, so hopefully others will fly in from Europe as well.

you've been added to the list.

shakedown Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. You've been added to the list. We have 18 attendees so far...and the meet is still 7 months away.

My goal is to get all the moderators to attend this meet.

Including jim

and BlondeBimbo

and Francis

and the board owner...jeff

brugge71 I know it seems like a long time from now for you--especially since you already live in Europe. But one thing I've learned from organizing a few meets now is that a big heel meet is a rare opportunity to get to meet different board members and something worth working to attend. So if you can, you'll find your own reasons to attend.

With heeluis's confirmation of attendance, we are now at 19 expected attendees for the London Heel Meet. I know for a fact we will have more as the days turn into weeks, and the weeks turn into months. If you haven't made plans to attend yet, you might want to look into airfare now. Rates are so cheap!

Unfortunately, I can't attend. But I'm still posting :evil:. I'm now looking for some heels for myself (2- 3" chunky heel boots or oxfords), it's difficult in Poland but I think I'll do it. BTW, Kneehighs- I like your avatar.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

dww Dave,

We would be pleased to have you at the heel meet! :evil:

Some guys wear flats to the meets and you are more than welcome to do the same, if that makes you feel more comfortable. Some guys also bring a change of shoes in a back pack or messenger bag, so they can put their heels on in the middle of the day. Feel free to come as you are!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this back to the top.

Folks, there is a time and a place for everything. There is a time to scatter and a time to gather. A time to refrain and a time to embrace.

There is a time for small heel meets. Thats when locals get together and eat lunch on the spur of the moment. Surely, this strikes at the heart of what heel meets are about: forging new friendships with people with similar interests...validating our community.

Then there is a time for a BIG heel meet. A time to gather. Thats when 5 Americans and potentially 7 Americans are flying across the Atlantic to London. Thats when members are flying in from Sweden, from Amsterdam, from Germany, from Gouda, maybe even from Canada to meet everyone. Opportunities like this are rare. So if you've refrained from attending a heel meet in the past, perhaps this is the meet to come to.

The Place is the Oxford Street Starbucks near the Tottenham Court Road Tube Station.

The Time is 10:30-11:00.

Heelfan and I have talked and we are probably going to break the initial group up into 2/3 subgroups. One group will go out and shop. Another group will stay back and lounge in a pub/restaurant/bar and talk--enjoying the essence of heel meet by making new friends with like interests. And a potential third group might walk around to do some light sight seeing.

Each person will have their choice as to which group to join.

Then at the end of the day, we'll all RV for dinner.

As I have said before and will repeat again, no photos will be posted online without the prior approval of people in the picture.

Some confusion is creeping in as regards the meet-up location.

The photos are showing the Starbucks at 55-59 Oxford Street, which is not the place we met up for the 13 May 2006 heelmeet.

On 13 May, we met at 112/116 New Oxford Street, assembling in the upstairs lounge.

The 55-59 Starbucks has no upstairs lounge (as can be seen in those photos). It does however have a basement lounge, so it's probably a good meeting place for us heelers who like to skulk in the shadows.

Plenty of time to go yet I know but can someone please confirm the venue address so I don't get a bad case of deja vu.

(http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/103179-post105.html)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Kneehighs asked me to nip out from work one lunch time and take a picture of the Starbucks that was on Oxford St near TCR tube. That one fits the bill, but in retrospect, it would have been a good idea to have checked with someone who's actually been there. The intention was to prevent the cock up that we had last time - talk about piss ups and breweries. So it's New Oxford St. New pictures will be forthcoming - they shall be posted for peer review. So what's this going to do for my reputation on the forum? It's already zero!

• Like 1

Fog--I appreciate the initiative you showed just going out of your way to take a pic. IMHO, that initiative alone and willingness to help gives you a positive reputation in my book, which hopefully will show up in your reputation points.
  • Like 1