Do you wear a scent (other than your own smell:-))?

Chris Grevstad

The make-up thread has spawned a small discussion about perfumes and colognes. Do you wear any scents? My favorites are Giorgio, patchouli, lavendar and sandlewood. When I was quite a bit younger I used to use Old Spice, mostly because it's what my dad wore. I'd be interested in smelling Bay Rum, which I hear is quite nice. --chris

I used to like Cinnabar, Poison, !, Jil Sander No.4?, Le Jardin, Enjoli, Aviance Night Musk, Jontue, and Bijan (the french one whose bottle was shaped like a doughnut that I couldn't remember the name of) but haven't worn any lately, e.g. since my divorce 3 yrs ago.

Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-24 02:35 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

OPIUM! Yes! That stuff is Heaven! I remember getting a bottle of that as a prize when I worked in a retail store. It lasted quite a while, but sadly I've not bought one since, as it's quite spendy. I also like patchouli-scented stuff as well.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It seams women notice my Darkkar alot. :smile: I also wear Aspen.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I edited my post, Bijan was the french one whose bottle was shaped like a doughnut that I couldn't remember the name of! And that makes 250, a good place to stay for awhile. :grin:

Why so many scents? It was the only thing open to me that I could wear in the way of makeup without undo embarrassment to my family.

And Laurie, if you like vanilla scents, you would love Shalimar! Give it a try when you're in a well-heeled (!) mood. :smile::grin:

Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-23 10:26 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 1 year later...

I wear Poison, White Diamonds, Romeo Di Gigli, Ralph Lauren-Glamerous and Fred Haymens' Hollywood. Of them all-Poison is my fave.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Personally I don't bother, although I like Davidoff Cool Water. J wears Deci Dela by Nina Ricci, and I love the way it smells on her. Sadly it's now been discontinued. We have found a source for it on the net, but eventually it'll run out. :D Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Yes - I don't feel dressed without it. The problem is one doesn't know how strong one's own perfume is. People often comment if they like it - presumably those who don't like it refrain from comment! Recently my favourite has been Yves Rocher's 'Yria'.