Grrr- Pavement gratings

Thighboots2

Don't you just hate them. :x

Last evening, I stopped of to go to the ATM. Couldnt park the car near to the machine as all the parking was taken, so a walk of about 1/4 mile was involved. Wearing these boots under trousers.

Posted Image

Got to the machine without incident and on the return, decided to do a quick bit of window shopping. The pavements are in good condition with the smaller type of interlocking blocks. Every so often there are drains from building gutters that run across the pavement to the road gutter and these are covered with metal grates. There I was strolling down the street paying more attention to the shop windows than were I was placing my feet when, yup you guessed it, my heel went down the crack, as I walked on, it pulled the heel tip clean out of the heel. Fortunately, I was only a a little way from the car by now. Thump, click, thump,click for the rest of the way trying to favour the heel with the missing tip as I didnt want to damage it more than necessary. Happily I didn't mess the tip tube up and was able to pop a new tip in and all looks good. Phew. I have seen the mess some girls let their heels get into without the heel tip in place.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

First, those are great looking boots! I remember the first time I wore my blue thigh boots. I walked across a parking lot and my heel hit a patch of tar that pulled the heel tip right out of the heel. I had both tips replaced and have put many miles on those boots since.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

One advantage of wearing wedges :evil:

Ditto.

To my mind, stillettoes are for indoors and anyone going outside needs to seriously consider their footwear. Many women in Washington (who often wear stillettoes at their offices) change their shoes for going out of doors and for commuting to and from work.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels