Father-in-law

As they say, when it rains it pours. My mother-in-law has just been getting over her stroke and back to normal as much as possible, and now her dad had a heart attack during what was suppose to be normal knee surgery today. They used an injection and the paddles and got his heart started again and said he should be ok, but he is under heavy sedation with oxygen in the ICU. Geez, if it isn't one thing it is another. Anyway, again if you can keep them in your thoughts and prayers, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Scotty

Thanks everyone. From what I have heard, it's about the same so far. Atleast he hasn't gotten worse! He is in his 70s and has alot of health problems, so we are bracing ourselves (atleast I am) for the worse, but praying for the best. The important thing now is to be there for my wife when the bottom does eventually fall out. However, trying to put on an optimistic face.

The latest is they tried to back off the sedative yesterday to let him wake up more on his own. Today they tried to remove the oxygen and he went into cardiac arrest. Fortunately they got his heart started again, but he is back to square one again. I guess we will have to just wait and see and pray for the best. I will keep you all posted as I find out. Thanks again for all your prayers and support, they are greatly appreciated! Scotty

seems like posting on the boards helps you deal with it...you can email me at yahoo if it makes you feel better...

Thanks for all the support. I know, it has nothing to do with heels and it is my own personal problem. I will keep them off the boards from now on as to not weigh them down. Thanks for listening and responding though.

Scotty

Hey Sscotty, we are a community here and that's what communities do -- they support their members in times of need. Being an online community there's little we can offer outside of moral support and prayers but that alone can be very powerful!

Have a happy time!

I will make this my last post on the topic, but I wanted to let you all know the prayers paid off. They did a trachiotomy in him on Wednesday (as they weren't able to remove the air tube without risking another heart attack) and today my wife visited and said he is doing MUCH better, alert and communicating. They should be upgrading him soon. Thanks again for all your prayers. Scotty