running in heels!!!

gaijin gig

3 to 4 inch heels and running is no problem for me, my 5's however, I think I'll stick to walking.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 months later...

I've tried in various heel heights. In my 4" boots, it is possible. In my 5" boots things start to get somewhat inelegant, and you don't move that quickly. In my ballets - forget it In my 12" heeled platforms, it worked for about 10 metres, and then things got seriously out of control - mind you it was fun

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

I can never approach this subject without terribly conflicted feelings, rather like running with sissors. I very much doubt that I can ever hope to run in heels of any height without doing some terrible damage to myself.:biggrin: On the other hand, I still remember a girl I met in San Francisco running with me to catch a cable car while wearing heels, and downhill at that! (I think she had on about 3" ers.) So I know that it is possible, but I have 'til yet to figure out the mechanics involved.:rocker: To my mind, the key would be running on the toes and balls of the feet without allowing the heels to actually contact the ground, much like a sprinter. But I'm much too old for such nonsense these days.:irked:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Yesterday while in downtown Chicago, I saw a woman break out into a full-fledged track style sprint for a cab. Her shoes? Red and tan, 3.5 inch heels. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Yesterday while in downtown Chicago, I saw a woman break out into a full-fledged track style sprint for a cab. Her shoes? Red and tan, 3.5 inch heels. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

YUP! Never fails to amaze me. Maybe some variant of this will be the next circus act.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Wow. That clip was pretty impressive.

I must say that ive never heard of something like that before.

I'd love to go and see one happen in person sometime.

I know exactly what you mean by it being somewhat amazing DIHeels.

I have a friend who can like run along side me when we are racing to get the bus. Sandals, Pump's, Stiletto's. You name it, she's like a master at it.

The most amazing one that ive ever seen I have to say is when I was waiting for my train, and this lady wearing 4" Stilleto's came bolting down the stairs cause her train was about to pull out.

I was stunned when I saw what she was wearing and even more so that she was taking two steps at a time. It was crazy but amazing.

Something I wont forget.

Here's the pic by the way. Found it only recently.

Posted Image

Wow. That clip was pretty impressive.

I must say that ive never heard of something like that before.

I'd love to go and see one happen in person sometime.

I know exactly what you mean by it being somewhat amazing DIHeels.

I have a friend who can like run along side me when we are racing to get the bus. Sandals, Pump's, Stiletto's. You name it, she's like a master at it.

The most amazing one that ive ever seen I have to say is when I was waiting for my train, and this lady wearing 4" Stilleto's came bolting down the stairs cause her train was about to pull out.

I was stunned when I saw what she was wearing and even more so that she was taking two steps at a time. It was crazy but amazing.

Something I wont forget.

Here's the pic by the way. Found it only recently.

Posted Image

TWO steps at a time? I don't think I could forget that either! :biggrin::rocker:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

yeah running in high heels... its realy sound hard;) and even in spikes... its impossible... i never has even walked whit such a heels;) maybe sametime in future;)

every human has they own choices...

• 2 weeks later...

I had to change train at the train station last week-end and to avoid having to wait about 30 minutes I tried to catch the earlier train. Result: Running for about 250m (250 yards) and 30 m left to the train it started to roll out from the platform. A guy that did the same thing managed to get on the train, but then he wasn't wearing heels. :rocker: What I was wearing? 5 inch stiletto ankle boots. I have to admit that it was probably not the ideal footwear for this but surprisingly "easy". /admirer

I had to change train at the train station last week-end and to avoid having to wait about 30 minutes I tried to catch the earlier train. Result: Running for about 250m (250 yards) and 30 m left to the train it started to roll out from the platform.

A guy that did the same thing managed to get on the train, but then he wasn't wearing heels. :irked:

What I was wearing? 5 inch stiletto ankle boots. I have to admit that it was probably not the ideal footwear for this but surprisingly "easy".

/admirer

250 meters in 5" heels? I wouldn't even attempt that in sneakers! :rocker: Congrats on not breaking anything.:biggrin:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels