Have you ever damged something with your shoes?

e

I know this is for the gals, but it reminded me of something from the distant past: One night while in college back in 1977, in our small basement apartment, my wife and I had just gotten home after an exasperating study session. I went into the bedroom and kicked off my (fairly loose fitting) shoe (a ladies style loafer) rather fiercely and it went through that room's only basement window (up near the ceiling, about 1 x 2 feet)! You could have picked my jaw off the floor. We never did get it replaced.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I've sunk the end of my heel into more cracks between pavement than I can count. I've torn several pairs of nylons trying on or changeing shoes by catching them with the end of a heel. I've left indentations behind me before on flooring when I"m not careful and did put a hole in a carpet once as well. Cheep carpet! JinxieKat

• 1 year later...

I have steel tips on most of my heels - and have inadvertently put indentations into floor coverings and laminate floors - as well as aierating our neighbours garden at BBQ's. I also find that putting ladders into tights and stockings is easily done if I am not careful when I cross my legs - and accidentally scrape my ankle with my stiletto tip.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 years later...

Either inadvertently, or on purpose?

Most of the floors in my house.

Not on purpose. I'm not really that bothered, what can I do anyway?.

Get them repaired and start again?.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ready for the list. I have damaged my feet by wearing heels all the time, I have damaged the floor many times by wearing heels indoors. I have damaged planters by tripping with my heels. I have damaged the wall by spilling a drink while trying to navigate heels and stairs. :o

I usually wear stiletto heels and some have steel tips so anything that is not made to withstand the pressure under my "spikes" gets pressed with a hole or dent, but I figure this is not my problem. As mentioned above, CD cases don't stand a chance and I've accidentally spintered a few of these (well...not always an "accident"). I did have one woman complain to my husband that my heels pressed holes into her linoleum flooring (so much for me ever wanting to see that #*#$* again!) Of course, I avoid walking on the lawn or soft asphalt since my heels sink in like a knife into soft butter.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Floors Floors Floors but guess everybody have or will try that if they wear heels on regular basis. Also broke my dads finger back when i was living home. He was lying under the car in the garage to fix something on it and i hadent seen hes hand poking out from underneath the car. He was very mad and il never forget that day. Lucky for both of us its was a chunky heel and not a stilleto.