Where Are All The High Heels

mskim61

I think we would all agree that there has been a major boom in the women's shoe industry in the last few years. VictoriasSecret now issues a Shoebook twice a year, 9West has a large site with most styles available up to size12, Zappos is a mega online store and DSW Shoe warehouse is now in most cities with huge retail stores. So where are all the heels? I live in a very affluent section of the country where woman certainly have the disposable income for all these shoes; yet I very seldom see any. I see hoardes of sneakers, flip flops, flat sandals and shoes. Visits to the big shopping malls, rush hour stops at gas stations, movies, deli stops and even parties typically yield a big goose egg. Even the younger female relatives dislike wearing heels. I think I see more heels on this website than during the day. Seems to me there are more men than women wearing heels these days

I know where the heels are????? They're in the closets begging to be worn. Those shoes were purchased in a fit of, "..these would look so good..." but fall prey to, "...I would break my neck in those..." and eventually end up on Ebay where we get to buy them as a substantial discount!!!! Just my theory. Comments??

I know! Men are buying them all up and leaving nothing for the women to wear. Yea that;s it! :evil:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I know! Men are buying them all up and leaving nothing for the women to wear. Yea that;s it! :D

Drat! We've been found out! :rofl:

Can't wait for winter, or colder days when boots are more plentifull. Although having said that, you do still get the annoying fashn of boots which have their length hidden under clothing so you can't tell just how high they go :evil:

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

...you do still get the annoying fashn of boots which have their length hidden under clothing so you can't tell just how high they go :evil:

Personally, I think that's sexier than letting it all hang out, whether on women or on men.

• 4 weeks later...

I know where the heels are?????

They're in the closets begging to be worn.

Those shoes were purchased in a fit of, "..these would look so good..." but fall prey to, "...I would break my neck in those..." and eventually end up on Ebay where we get to buy them as a substantial discount!!!!

Just my theory. Comments??

Also, a good percentage of 'em end up in the thrift stores, where I do a lot of shopping. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

They're out there for sure. I see them once in a while. It makes me think of that receptionist we used to have at work who regularly wore high heels. There's this lady that I see often in church who frequently wears black pumps.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!