That's It I'm Off!!!

That's it I've had enough!!!!!

I've had enough of the downright offensive and illegal spam and the consistent Refusal to introduce poster verification and to refuse guests permission to post. I'm also fed up with the lack of proper moderation on this site.

I have offered my services three times as moderator but this has fallen on deaf ears!!!

From now on I will not visit this site any more until the spam problem has been addressed!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

And, perhaps aside from some personal satisfaction, what exactly is that going to accomplish? (I know Dr. Shoe is not going to see this if he is serious about leaving. But others will.)

We can fight the spammers. All of us -- regular users.

There is a "Report Spam Here" thread right on top of the "Hellos, Goodbyes, and General Announcements" forum. Only about a half-dozen of us post there and we flag the URL's of these spam posts. Instructions for how to do it are here: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=114894#114894. Once flagged, spam does not stay for long, usually less than a day. Our posse of spam-killing moderators log in regularly and sweep it away. Complaining about it here in the threads does nothing.

Have a happy time!

I may be one of the first to say this but surely not the last.

Sorry to see you go.

We're all fed up with the spam but if the board owner has lost interest there's little more that we can do.

Please also see my PM.

I respect your position wholeheartily, Dr. Shoe. I hope the powers that be do the right thing and begin enforcing the login before posting option (a very simple and easy option), as I've thoroughly enjoyed your input here on the board and would hate loosing it because of an easily rectified technicality.

You know Doc including my self there are only a few who actualy work on keeping the spam level down. So what does it give you the right to bitch? :evil:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think it's safe to say that we'll all miss your presence here, please reconsider. I personally will never let the spammers get the best of me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Dr, Sorry to see you go. Wish you would reconsider. 1) I tend to just ignore the spam. It sucks, but we have people taking care of it and I know enough to not open it. 2) Treat it like the terrorists. If you just quit, they win. If everyone quit the board and left, we would let the spammers take down the board. Don't let them win. 3) They are really wasting their time and effort. They post, we (and I mean other dedicated members) track and delete. Scotty

The only forum for which guest posting is allowed is the first forum. Registration is required for anything else. In deciding whether to change the setting for that forum, one has to take into consideration whether the posting of some spam (which to be honest, one doesn't even need to bother to look at) should dictate against those people who are too timid or computer illiterate to regsiter.

The only forum for which guest posting is allowed is the first forum.

Registration is required for anything else.

What the hell are you smoking Fox?!!? :evil: The have been able to get past that they been posting every where.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Thanks Ben, I have changed the permissions in the story forum which I think was a hang up from the old set up. It is possible for spammers to post in any forum but they do have to register which is at least some block. Spam is just that. It occurs all over the internet. Ignore it and it will be deleted; if you let the spammers get you down or bother to read their threads or take action based on their stupidity, you have let them win some kind of victory. Don't let it get to you.

Nice to see you back, FF. I think you might also want to check/adjust the permissions on the following ones: forum 8 - Add your Website URL here forum 12 - High Heel friends Contact Forum forum 25 - General Fashion In each of these, threads have been locked by Nigel and Xaphod because of spam posts by unregistered posters. Maybe the same applies to forum 16 (Vintage fashions) as well, if memory serves me well (not sure though, and I don't see any locked threads in there to help jolting my memory).

Thanks Tom. The permissions for those forums are OK because I checked everything again today. You can access or read as a guest but you need to be registered to do anything else. Of course, if you register and your spamming is so bad that your account is deleted then your post will appear as a "guest" if it still exists. Contrary to what I may be smoking or not, I think therein lies the source of some of Mr Hoverfly's (and others) confusion on the matter :evil: Again I'd stress that a balance needs to be struck between easy access to the board for the majority and the prevention of unwanted material. Both aims conflict to some degree.

Firefox, thanks for taking the time to look into this, close a couple previously open threads, and address the issue. Nice to see you back, even if the patient was in the ER. Hope you visit during the recovery, as I miss seeing your zany FF logo! It's sort of, well, cheerful! Perhaps I need to change my avatar...