Foundations? This floor. . . .

jay_nyca1

Like foundations/shapeware?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Like foundations/shapeware?

One of the reasons why I love the 50's era fashions is that back then, women used to wear foundations and shapewear (i.e. girdles, waist nippers, corsets) and they came in myiad of styles and configureations and with some of the girdles and some of the corsets, they even came with the adjustable elastic straps for stockings!. . . . Does any else share in this, too? If so or are curious, please do respond?. . . . jay_nyca1

Corsets really appeal to me. I'd like to have one made of leather someday and wear it (that's kinda strange for a guy, isn't it? :>). I love wearing tight-fitting leather vests (they should be made of cowhide or other durable leather) for their feel, and I think a corset would be even better.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Yes, tubehead. I like the look of leather and cowhide/horsehide. But something like that would have to be "custom made!" But I'm sure there are places on the web that can make them!. . . .Post some pix if you ever mange to have a corset made?. . . jay_nyca1

i wish that women today realised the fundamental sexuality that so much of their underwear imparts. a lady in properly chosen underwear (especially foundation clothing) can be exceedingly difficult to stop looking at. ah, for the good old days.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Hey, r1g0r, I know exactly what you mean, I'm sure you know that scene from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" with Liz Taylor and Paul Newman where she's in her white slip and is standing in front of Paul Newman straightening the seams in her stockings while Paul character pretends not to notice or care! That was one of the first things that really got me when it came to a woman in her slip. It's too bad that slips aren't part of a womans' warddrobe any more? I guess that's the price we pay now for having Thongs and G-strings?. . . . . . jay_nyca1

• 2 weeks later...

As I have stated before, I enjoy the feel and looks of corsets, girdles, waist cinchers, and other figure making foundation garments. It is amazing how they can make an aged male out of shape figure into a convincing aged female figure. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yes, Just about anyone can really benefit from a corset or girdle or some other type of control garment, and some are even made for men with men in mind either as for a "cross-dress" or for straight dressing. But thanks for your knowledgeable in put!. . . .

jay_nyca1

"Stockings & Stillettos, 4ever!"

• 4 weeks later...

Kay,

I really love your thought on foundations, I think why should they be kept hidden by the public at large? Nothing gives a woman a better shape and a look in her clothes then some nice foundations and shapewear!. . . .

jay_nyca1

"Stockings & Stillettos, 4ever!"

• 3 years later...

Elegant

Corsets really appeal to me. I'd like to have one made of leather someday and wear it (that's kinda strange for a guy, isn't it? :>). I love wearing tight-fitting leather vests (they should be made of cowhide or other durable leather) for their feel, and I think a corset would be even better.

"Strange" for a guy maybe, if you subscribe to the "norm" but if that's what you feel you want to wear, go for it (believe me, it is a great feeling, curiosity got the better of me and now I can't stop)

That ain't gonna be soon- I'm not too rich. I'd need a mountain of cash to have a corset made, and a second one to buy myself a camera :cry1:.

As much as a bespoke corset will be the most comfortable, you're right it will be expensive; however if you are on a tight budget (apologies, unintentional pun), I can't recommend "leatherotics" highly enough for off the peg corsets. I have a waist training corset, that cost under half what i would normally expect; http://www.leatherotics.com/new-black-under-bust-leather-corset-waist-trainer-p-473.html and is really comfortable.

Seriously, go for it, I doubt you'll look back.

Richard

I'm a huge advocate of corselettes, corsets and waist cinchers. I'm probably one of the more fortunate insomuch that I have the 23" waist whilst still retaining the girls and the ass, but even still, I'll wear shapewear underneath clothing to ensure smooth lines. I'm keen on the Rago open bottomed corselette with 6 suspender straps. Though it doesn't pull me in, it's more of a sturdy tight-fitting slip come suspender belt. For actual cinching, I opt for corsetry. I used to tight lace down to 18", but I've been out of the habit for a couple of years now, so have just bought a 20" cincher from Fairygothmother.co.uk. In terms of male corsetry, I have met many male tight lacers who have not had a great deal of issue finding suitable products. Good corsetry costs, no matter where you go. In an effort to save money, I've started attempting to make one which is time consuming even for a seasoned dressmaker such as myself. Given time and materials, it's easier to get somebody else to sort it out. The cincher I've just bought was £185. From a purely fashionable point of view, shapewear really is necessary to ensure that the lines of clothing aren't spoiled by the sneaky lumps and bumps that nature provides at times. Haute couture dresses as seen on the red carpet are rarely a bit of fabric hanging on the perfect frame. I think any well dressed woman or gentleman (and by that, I do not mean somebody who simply throws a lot of money at their wardrobe) will be conscious of the sillouette created and the importance of the helping hand that shapewear provides. I was pleased to hear celebrity stylists such as Gok Wan etc. encouraging the use of shapewear, however I think it has been somewhat stripped of any sexuality insomuch that it's all magic knickers rather than girdles. Saying that, I've seen a resurgence of vintage style shapewear appear in high street stores. Sonia Rykiel for H&M and Topshop are two examples that have taken the lead from brands such as Agent Provocateur and What Katie Did. It's just a shame that the muffin-top (or mushroom-top, as many display) brigade don't cotton onto the fact that Michelin man tyres aren't that pleasing to the eye and many could transform their figures into sexpot territory simply though careful choice of shapewear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, last year i had to wear a (medical/orthopedic)corset during a few months for my back/posture problems.

Kinda model like this one:

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do;jsessionid=D13021EDCD0D903D028CEA9D9169A3A9?id=36620&procid=41&catid=1431

After that treatment i started to wear shapewear on advice from my doctor. They give my back some more support and helps to improve my posture.

Wearing the (medical/orthopedic)corset was no fun, i hated it!

But the shapewear is kinda nice and comfortable to wear. :cry1:

Benefit of it is also it gives me a nice slender shape also!

To be honest i do like to wear it now on almost regular daily base.

it does takes some time to get used to the feeling, because i have the firmer models, mostly full body girdle's.

After seeing this thread i thought i posted also my personal experience and feeling about it.

• 2 months later...
Elegant

"Strange" for a guy maybe, if . . . doubt you'll look back.

Seriously, Elegant, you should give it a go. It is possible to experiment without spending a fortune. I recently picked up a basic underbust under £40, which does make a dent in a week's wages, but is still less than a good pair of jeans.

Even with a low-budget corset it doesn't take all that long to turn a 34-30-35 (which, with something to bulk out a bosom, comes out at 39-30-35 - silly shape) into a 31-27-38 for 10-12 hours a day. Not that you should rush things or anything, but so far the only real hassle I've had is replacing a broken lace. AFAIK Fairy Gothmother are the only retailer in London that sell them. Check out the health risks and timescales for permanent changes and go for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I do wear girdles and pantygirdles, I find they make me feel more fully 'dressed'. I have tried wearing corsets a few times but I couldn't put up with wearing one all day. Perhaps I was lacing too tight or it was too small for me. I did feel as if I'd bruised a rib on one occasion which rather put me off!