Stockings and heels

Debbie(HK)

Hiya Deb, What colour was the leather skirt, I've only got two there both black one's an A line sort of semi mini, the other is over the knee and fairly tight. One thing about them is there really comfy on. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your leather buys sound great Debbie maybe you could show us when you next update your gallery ? :smile: I have a mini skirt style leather skirt (black) and two knee length ones, one brown one black. As Inga mentions very comfy to wear and look great with heels :grin jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

I have a black leather just below the knee pencil one on which I had the split sewn closed. I bought it in Italy and it's made of very soft leather and is fully lined. A delight to wear and very classy.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

I've worn holds-up with the extra security of suspenders a couple of times. Feels nice and strapped up. I agree with all the above posts, I love wearing either my leather skirts, which I have 2 (knee lenght black leather and brown mini skirt) or my rubber skirts, one mini in red and long black one. Always where these with stockings and heels .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hita Debbie, As you know I too love wearing Fully Fashioned stockings with stiletto heels. I have occasionally worn them to work, but I usually wear them when going out to a trendy wine bar or a night out with my girlie friends. I usually team them with a pair of 5½" mules or sandals as this really shows off the heel to the fullest effect :lol:

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

• 1 year later...

Debbie(HK):-) I quite agree about what you said about using cotton gloves to pull on FF hosiery. As a lttle shaver growing up in our household---many a times I observed my Mom putting on her hose with cotton gloves and to this day I still use that little trick when putting on my pantyhose each morning. Jeff:-) Your statement of men looking good in hose and heels has merit also. There are a few men in this forum that can hold their own along with the women when dressed in hose and heels, and we have all seen the results in pics and web-sites here. And that is my HO along with yours, Jeff. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

I sometimes look through old threads and found this one. It looked interesting partly because I've just bought some cuban heeled stockings and can't make up my mind if I prefer them to point heels. My feeling is that point heels look better with stilettos and cuban with slightly thicker heels but I should be glad of any opinions. Then there is the skirt/trouser debate. Generally I prefer skirts or dresses for smart wear though I have a couple of very smart pairs of trousers and a trouser suit. I always keep my legs waxed regardless, I would feel ungroomed otherwise. I have several pairs of leather trousers which are better for more casual wear, but nearly always with heels. There was a time when I kept my lower, 4" or 41/2", heels to wear with trousers, but in recent years I've been wearing 51/2" or 6" with trousers as well as skirts, and I like the trousers to be short enough to show most of the heel. I also have slightly cropped, fitted, summer trousers which look good with 5" mules - well I think they do anyway! I don't see the need to wear trousers in cold weather, I often wear shorter skirts in winter than in summer, but when it's cold I wear opaque stockings, which are just as warm as trousers. As for leather skirts, I have a huge collection, over forty I think, at the last count, mostly real leather, and some imitation or p.v.c. Some have matching jackets, so I wear leather suits a lot, and they vary in colour, texture (croc, snake, 'distressed'), length (ankle-length for a few but mostly above the knee and 'indecent exposure'!) and shape (mostly tight, particularly the stretch p.v.c., a few straight and three or four short A-line). My favourite stockings so far are Gio chocolate ff's with point heel, they look fabulous with the highest black courts.

• 3 weeks later...

High 10:-) I wore stockings for many years but when panty-hose became popular I switched over to them and have been wearing them ever since. So I can't give you the answers to your question, but I'm sure that someone here can. Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the High Heel Forum and hope you will enjoy posting here as much as a lot of the other members do. Cheers-- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 years later...

I have to admit that I love the look of stockings and heels when worn togethter because I think that they bout compliment each other! There isn't a better look! if you talking about vintage full fashioned back seamed stockings, they are best worn with skirts & dresses, more modern hose would be best suited for pants,slacks, jeans and leggings. jay_nyca1

• 1 month later...

Anyway, we are all plugging our own line here, but the question is, will stockings and heels ever return bigtime?

In my opinion, YES! Actually, in my world, they never left!!

Secrets In Lace are my official sponsors and the owner says FF stocking sales have sky-rocketed over the past few years.... a trend that continues to rise.

Kay oxxo

• 7 months later...

In my opinion, women should dress like women.

Old thread, but I just couldn't resist... In different times, places, and cultures, people have worn all sorts of things, and images of what looked "feminine" or "masculine" have varied widely. Given that, I'm not sure what anyone "should" dress like.

One of the few things I love about living in Los Angeles is that it is possible to see and to meet people from nearly every culture and place on earth. During my year working behind a retail counter, I had the opportunity to wait on a beautiful, and obviously wealthy and cultured couple from India. As is not unusual, he was dressed in a western business suit, and she was wearing traditional dress. But oh, what a dress! She was wearing a sari of pure silk and an incredible vermilion red, more beautiful gold jewelry than the gold reserves of many small nations...everything! I could not take my eyes off of this stunning woman, but for none of the reasons for which men are held in such ill repute these days. I couldn't stop thinking that I had someone step off the cover of a special issue edition of National Geographic Magazine (or from out of the pages of the Mahabharata) to grace our shop with her presence, and she was stood just the other side of our counter, not two feet from my nose! ;) Her sari made our best western fabrics look like sackcloth, and her style made our best haute couture look like a garage sale! So tell me now, what women should dress like!! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Trousers or not the legs are still shaved!! But I share Debbies sentiment that stockings and a skirt are what a true lady should be wearing (where they can be worn)I always wear at 4 inches with jeans , no sneakers

Hmmm, now that sounds like "my kinda gal!"

jay_nyca1

Hose & Heels 4Ever!"

Yeah, that's a nice combination, great for evening wear, but I also like the nude/suntan color back seamed hose with a nice pair of kidskin pumps (or court shoes, as they're called in the UK). And if you're really lucky, maybe a pair of slingbacks!. . . .

jay_nyca1

"Hose & Heels, 4Ever!"

Fully fashioned nylons with courts (pumps) RHT's look good with mules too.

Debbie

Hmmmm, Now your singin' my song!. . . Classic pumps and RHT stockings are a hard combo to beat if you ask me!. .

jay_nyca1

"Hose & Heels, 4Ever!"

Well girls , I dont wear mules but I wear sexy sandals with nice cubanhose. Check those pictures what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those are 5" heels, I hope you like them. I love them so much and easy to walk.

Yeah!. . . Now that's a perfect picture of some RHT stockings and some nice stilletto heeled sandals!. . . . I'd love to see more pix like that bein' posted!. . .

jay_nyca1

"Stockings & Stillettos, 4Ever!"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Both my wife and I couldn't agree more with your points about seamed stockings. In fact, my wife decided to have seams tattooed up the backs of her legs so that she can wear shear stockings and not have to worry about the seams becoming crooked. She used to find that after wearing seamed stockings all day long, the stockings would get pulled out of line whenever she sat down and stood back up again.

• 3 months later...

Debbie, do you still have any of your old pictures that you could PM me?? I remember looking at them on Jenny's page a long time ago, and they just blew me away!!! I think you do the classic 50's style so incredibly well - amazing!!! Thanx, Skylined. :santa_hat:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...