horseshoe boots

Wolfgang

Well, SQ beat me to it. Those in the picture are from The Watering Hole which doesn't exist any more. The only professionally made ones I know of are the Punitive ones but they look VERY cool. They have a bit more of a "heel" that the ones pictured, they're more like the FEMME boots from Pleaser.

http://www.lederstern.de/ Has a couple styles under product/erotic. prices are around 550 Euros..

Marquis also has a pair, even more expencive at 799 euros

http://www.marquis.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_62&products_id=476

Check ebay, the original kaysers boots pop up from time to time, but if a US men's 7 pop's up I will try to buy em myself :roll:

(formerly known as "JimC")

Really?? I never noticed but I did see it only once and don't know a single person who owns it. Think you could get a snapshot of it?

Mmm, yes, my favorite scene of that film. About the only good bit of the film really :roll:

The two guys standing guard are wearing pony boots: Click for full frame pics...

Posted Image Posted Image

Other things of interest during that scene:

Just at the start of the scene, the camera pans past this: Whte heels and white rope...

Posted Image

And then there's this high heeled pump that isn't on a foot: Bottom of the frame below Morpheus...

Posted Image

The ones from Keysers actually had a little steel tab that stuck back about an inch from the hoof, helped with stability if on a solid surface. I've been told they are much like walking in 5" heels.. Some of the other models look like they would be alot steeper then a 5" heel. I hope I get to try a pair at some point :evil: Jim

They used to have them made by The little shoe box, so they can't get them anymore and rmoved the link from their website. Amazing boots, I hope you get plenty of enjoyment from them :evil: Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Keysers pony boots, I just won a pair on ebay.

This link should work

Unfortunatly the price doubled in the last five minutes, and someone came within $20 of winning the boots, but now I have a pair :evil:

Sorry for not mentioning this auction earlier, was hopping it would slide in under the radar.

Have fun

Jim

I was planning to grab a picture wearing jeans yesterday while I was in Miami/Ft Lauderdale but unfortunatly it rained all day. I will try again today. Doubt I'll get the balls up to go shopping in them though. I may look into making a 'horseshoe' with metal reinforced rubber for walking in public, which could be fun. Seeya Jim

Odd, thought I'd posted these last night, guess i hit preview not submit

Here are some pics of the boots + street clothes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Showing off the metal horseshoes..

Posted Image

And watching for alligators in the swamp.

Posted Image

Hehehe, I know the feeling :evil: They are very interesting to walk in, and much easier then I expected. I guess other brands might be less stable, but I'm enjoying these quite a bit so far. I put in gel insoles, which helped a bit.

Quick update, the kayser boot's hoof is made from aluminum covered with leather. The left boot was digging into the sides of my feet just a little so I used a rag and a 56oz plastic hammer to re-shape the hoof. The fit is -much- better now. I also got some Dr Scholes arc support insoles as the shape of the arch didnt match my foot, it had a bit too much of an arc on the outer edge and got uncomfortable with a bit of walking. The bit of walking was yesterday in Fort Lauderdale, had to stay over for work so the next morning I put the boots on with some black jeans and walked across the street to the beach. I took a couple pictures then lost my camera. Ooooops. Oh well A few hotel employees noticed the boots but didnt say anything, guess that shows how profesional they are.. "always make the guest feel comfortable" Seeya Jim

Those boots have got to be interesting to walk in. Having no heel, and relying on just the metal tab in the back must keep you really "on your toes" (no real pun inteneded..........well.....maybe). Those are great pics of you in your jeans! Perhaps someday I might run across a shop to try some on, but for now they're way too spendy for my taste. *goes back to view the pics again* :evil:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Good luck finding them, Kaysers stopped making them a few years ago. For now ebay's the best way to get a pair of these ones. The metal tab actually does a good job of replicating a wider underslung heel. They are stable to walk in, especially since the horseshoe part is so wide. I will say they are the noisiest boots I've ever worn. I am pondering ways to make them quieter for public wear. Making them quieter will also make them more floor friendly and safer to wear on smooth floors. I figure if someone gets highly confused by the boots I can just say they are for a halloween costume and I need to practice wearing them :evil:

• 2 months later...

There were also these legendary black leather pony boots made by a British fashion student, Fleur Oakes, during the early 90's.

They make an appearance in Tori Amos' "Silent All These Years" music video at around 1:26 on this copy on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeWmUgGhTAY

In Boot Lovers Digest:

http://www.bootlovers.com/pre143.htm

And in issue 12 of Skin Two magazine on Page 20, published in 1992 which I'm too lazy to scan in right now.