High heels are dangerous!

Skirted-UK

Question

Here we go again,

Experts warn of high-heel danger

High heels can cause serious ankle injuries

Women are paying the price for fashion in the form of broken bones and sprained ankles, a doctor has warned

see this link, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5235630.stm

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

stilletto heels are LEATHAL i remember watching a film that i cannot remember the title of but there was a scene in the film where a woman was being attacked by a man. eventually she had a chance to give him a good kicking. she kicked him in the forehead with a heel. the heel was bedded so far in his skull that she could not remove her shoe. as you can imagine the man was stone dead. he looked rather odd with a shoe stuck to his head:unsure::winkiss:

stilletto heels are LEATHAL i remember watching a film that i cannot remember the title of but there was a scene in the film where a woman was being attacked by a man. eventually she had a chance to give him a good kicking. she kicked him in the forehead with a heel. the heel was bedded so far in his skull that she could not remove her shoe. as you can imagine the man was stone dead. he looked rather odd with a shoe stuck to his head:unsure:;)

There was a similar scene in the classic cheese fest that is Elvira!

any sport is dangerous :penitent:

I once walked down a slippery slope ... gras... had rained... I was young and I was not even into hh... but I sliped and got my hand very unlucky bhind my back to catch my fall and broke my arm... so no need to wear hh to break something! :penitent:

"Women should stick to shoes with heels less than 4cm (1.5in) if they wanted to avoid a trip to hospital, he advised." ;)

Well now, do we have doctor do-good or what? I know some women who couldn't walk a straight line in beach flip-flops while others seem to have little difficulty on 6" skyscraper heels! Also, with my collapsed spine, it's not impossible for me to hurt myself just getting out of bed. Someone please tell the good doctor that the world is a dangerous place.

I was a bit surprised to see this thread revived, but the last time I looked the world is still a danerous place.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I was a bit surprised to see this thread revived, but the last time I looked the world is still a danerous place.

Exactly! Anything can be turned to dangerous use even something as simple as a pencil. People should just relax and enjoy the great sensation high heels provide for us. :)

Just remember that in the end LIFE IS FATAL:wave: enjoy all that comes that is good:smile: learn by our (and our friends) mistakes and laugh at yourself later cr*p happens- if it's too deep line 2 rules, :) if you can swim in it, when the smell goes it's time to laugh.:):w00t2::):w00t2::w00t2:LOUDLY! Maybe don't walk under low ladders in heels, it's said to be unlucky? Al

BobHH,

Thank you for sharing this with us. By now, people who want to wear high heels are aware of any "effects" that might occur when wearing high heeled footwear. It just truly amazes me that the articles concerning "the dangers of wearing high heels" keep appearing. People who want to wear high heels are going to continue to wear high heels as a personal preference. Yes, the information is informative and there are some good tips. But people will continue to wear high heels.

We have heard this time after time........same old story.

Athletes risk injury every time they walk onto the field or whatever venue they compete in but face up to the risks. Same thing with wearing heels, or in my case - a heel with crutches. I do very well on them, very graceful in a four or even five-inch (US) stiletto which I wear every day.

E

without highheels one lives dangerously too. Last week in the garden I had removed my shoes and well some steps further I was stung by a bee in my foot. This would not have happened if I had let my highheels on :)

without highheels one lives dangerously too.

Last week in the garden I had removed my shoes and well some steps further I was stung by a bee in my foot.

This would not have happened if I had let my highheels on :)

Oh you poor thing!

Now we should kill all the Bees!! They are dangerous to man kind!! JK

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

without highheels one lives dangerously too.

Last week in the garden I had removed my shoes and well some steps further I was stung by a bee in my foot.

This would not have happened if I had let my highheels on :)

I do hope your foot is OK. I would hate not seeing you in high heels due to an injured of even swollen foot.

Oh you poor thing!

Now we should kill all the Bees!! They are dangerous to man kind!! JK

oh no, no. don´t forget honey ^^ :irked:.

@roniheels it might be unpleasant but it does not really harm if healthy.

Unfortunatly I cannot wear any high heels at the moment due to a running accident, twisted ankle and torn tendons in my right leg, some time to fix that.

Ooof that sounds bad. Sorry to hear that.

I will add though that it actually might be beneficial to start wearing heels during your recovery period. Once the swelling has reduced its important with any sports injury to begin strengthening and flexibility work. In the case of an ankle injury wearing heels increases flexibility and strength. Do it carefully though because if you try this too early your can re-injure your self.

Dr. Walkonit

Unfortunatly I cannot wear any high heels at the moment due to a running accident, twisted ankle and torn tendons in my right leg, some time to fix that.

I once sprained my ankle so badly that after x-rays the doctor said, "I've got good news and not-so-good news. The good news is that your ankle is not broken. The not-so-good news is that an ankle sprain can take as long as a broken ankle to heal, depending on the severity." I did what the doctor told me to do and in four weeks I went snow skiing and had no problems. Take care of your leg and ankle and make sure they're healed properly before heeling again. Best of luck to you.

oh that sounds bad... crossing my fingers for you all gets fine again soon...

Sorry to hear that legs6x7 - I assume you weren't running in heels?

At least you can still play the word games on here! :irked:

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

Thanks to every one, good news is that its fixed sooner than I thought, back in to my 5" heels now, just quite slowly, cant go far yet but I can still walk in them, thank you.

Got any lower heels. I would actually recommend a 3 inch heel or less for any extended heeling for now, until your healing is complete. Higher heels while nursing an injury like that is playing with fire.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi, simple answer is no all the heels I have are no less than 5 inches, but I am managing no problem now thank you.

Do you have any high heels with heels higher that 5 inches? Do they cause any problems for your ankle?