Are they really 6 inch? Anyone can help?

atsumivn

I am in search for a pair of 6 inch sandal. And I am onto the Pleaser Domina 108. They advertised that model is 6 inch but from the pictures, I think that they are not really 6 inch because the model's feet seem do not have a straight vertical line as other 6 inchs. Does anyone have a real experience on this Domina 108? Please give me some real measurement. My size should be 6. Plus, I am from Asia and i think it is hard to order a pair from 6ihf (6 inch heel forever) because they are not accepting my credit card. Is there any other place that sell 6ihf products?? Thanks a lot guys!

Hi, Generally an absolute measurement of heel height is misleading unless you also know the size of the shoe upon which it was measured. This is because the heel gets higher as the shoe gets bigger. A 4 inch heel on a size 5 (US) shoe is more like a 5 inch heel on a size 10. On a size 12 it is more like a 5 1/2. Of course there are a dizzying array of sizing systems around but the situation is pretty much the same regardless of the sizing units you are using. There are a lot of posts around here (entire threads, actually) about the different sizing systems and converting between them. Comparing heel heights on different sizes is a frequent topic of discussion too. Browse around and feel free to add your comments to anything that looks interesting, helpful, dead wrong or whatever. Any time you post in a thread it moves to the top of that forum -- it is good to see some of the old threads get revived that way. I cannot comment on the specific shoe you mentioned but I'll bet there's somebody around here who can. BTW, welcome to the board!

Have a happy time!

I have pair of the Domina 1020 anlke boots that are advertised with 6" heels. They measure out to 5 7/8" up the back in size 13, so that's about as close to 6" as you'll get. I would imagine that a size 6 would probably be 5 1/2" for production. Your best bet would be to call a retailer and ask them to measure the heel. I've done that before with great success. One thing I'm really impressed about them is the padding in the toe box. You can actually FEEL the padding, unlike most women's shoes which are nearly padless!! For their height, they are very comfortable and stable. The boot shaft fits tightly around the ankle providing great support. The biggest trick with the boots is balancing front to back. For a relatively low cost boot I am very impressed and highly recommend them. Happy Heeling!! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Hi,

Generally an absolute measurement of heel height is misleading unless you also know the size of the shoe upon which it was measured. This is because the heel gets higher as the shoe gets bigger. A 4 inch heel on a size 5 (US) shoe is more like a 5 inch heel on a size 10. On a size 12 it is more like a 5 1/2. Of course there are a dizzying array of sizing systems around but the situation is pretty much the same regardless of the sizing units you are using. There are a lot of posts around here (entire threads, actually) about the different sizing systems and converting between them. Comparing heel heights on different sizes is a frequent topic of discussion too. Browse around and feel free to add your comments to anything that looks interesting, helpful, dead wrong or whatever. Any time you post in a thread it moves to the top of that forum -- it is good to see some of the old threads get revived that way.

I cannot comment on the specific shoe you mentioned but I'll bet there's somebody around here who can.

BTW, welcome to the board!

This isn't always true. In many cases the heel remains the same height so you get a high arch and near vertical instep at size 4 but a much more "relaxed" look at size 14. The proper way is to increase heel height and we normally use the same heel for two whole sizes so 2s and 3s will have the same heel and then 4s and 5s will a slightly higher one and so on.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks yo all guys. How about 6ihf and what is your idea about their business? I am a little disapointed with their way of doing business. May be i will quit thinking of the slick sandal from their site. I am from Asia and i think it is hard to order a pair from 6ihf (6 inch heel forever) because they are not accepting my credit card. Is there any other place that sell 6ihf products?? Thanks a lot guys!

It's not the heel height the maters the most, it's the length of the foot size. The longer the foot the higher the heel has to be in order to maintain the same angle. The indestry standard is based on a size 7 U.S with a 6" heel. There for a person with a size 5 foot will have a 5" heel height, Vs a person who has a size 13 foot will have a 7" heel of the same shoe. So even if your shoe size does not eaqule to a 6" heel the angle is what you are looking for, not the hight of the heel.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 4 weeks later...

I am in search for a pair of 6 inch sandal. And I am onto the Pleaser Domina 108.

They advertised that model is 6 inch but from the pictures, I think that they are not really 6 inch because the model's feet seem do not have a straight vertical line as other 6 inchs.

Does anyone have a real experience on this Domina 108? Please give me some real measurement. My size should be 6.

Plus, I am from Asia and i think it is hard to order a pair from 6ihf (6 inch heel forever) because they are not accepting my credit card. Is there any other place that sell 6ihf products??

Thanks a lot guys!

No, They are not really 6" especially in size 6... infact I got them in size 12 and the back measured ecxatly 15 cm (6") only in this size, so they should considered 5,5" but they fits well! :evil:

Stay heeled and smile to life!

So even if your shoe size does not eaqule to a 6" heel the angle is what you are looking for, not the hight of the heel.

I believe the angle of the sole gives the 'appearence' of a higher-heel, and it's sexiness:

BERNADETTE wears US-size 6.5 or 7, and 5" heels look great on her feet, yet practical-enough for wearing in public!

Posted Image

We hold these truths to be self-evident:

REAL Corvettes have sharply-peaked fenders and hidden head-lights;

REAL railroads had a 4-track mainline and ran on-the-advertised;

and REAL women wear high heels and short skirts as often as they can!!!!!

I think it also depends on who makes the heels. My room mate and I have tried on the same shoe but in my size 6 1/2 and her size 9 I put them back to back and the heels were different sizes....so I guess the arches angle was the same steepness. I have went to a few shoe of the 'warehouse style' stores and have had me 6 1/2 size on one side and the size 9 or 10 or so across on the other side and have noticed that the same shoe I picked out has a MUCH greater steepness that the exact shoe in the bigger size which is very noticable.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Finally I have got the answer. The Pleaser Domina 108 size 7 has the exact hieght 5,4in = 14cm. I have make a mistake when order size 7 because after the few first days, the toe straps are stretched out and my toes are not firmly sticked to the sole, especially when I put stocking on, it is more "slippery". Experience for me. later size 6 would be the great choice for me. I must say that Pleaser quality is good, from the build to the material. Only the Pleaser logo, they are sticked to the shoe by adhesive tape and turn into messy glue after a few walk that I have to peel them off. Just like peeling off a bandage. BTW: Any tips to make the toe straps shrink by 1-2cm??

BTW: Any tips to make the toe straps shrink by 1-2cm??

What does it mean shrink? Tighter? If so I had the same problem The straps are a little bit to long..... I've partially solved it with a thin rubber sole that is hidden by the foot.... excuse me for my english! :evil:

Stay heeled and smile to life!

• 11 months later...

Your observation is correct. I've bought 3 pair from them advertising as 6" (these were pumps...size 6.5) and they come up short...more like 5 1/4 to 5 1/2...Where's truth in adverttising?? 8)

Your observation is correct. I've bought 3 pair from them advertising as 6" (these were pumps...size 6.5) and they come up short...more like 5 1/4 to 5 1/2...Where's truth in adverttising?? 8)

I think they want as high figure as possible to attract the ones that goes for heigths. But is varies of course with sizes. Domina pumps are indeed marked as 6" but in sz 14 they almost are that high.

To my surprice the Milan series are marked 4½" but in sz 14 they really are 5,25" That must be very unusual from a manufacturer.

Well, heel height is dependent on the foot size - but the about it varies and the size for the "reference" value varies from manufacturer and sometimes style from my experience. On another note, the larger the foot the shorter the heel looks. The other evening my heeling was discovered, I alway say I wear a 4 inch heel and to me they look like 4 inch until I measure them to a true hieght at the back of 5 inches. But remember the height under the heel is likely an inch lower and the height of the top of my head only gains 3 inches for a 5" heel.