Amazing sight, but take them seriously?

e

It rained cats and dogs today in downtown Rochester, NY. Still there was an amazing sight on the lunch hour. A young lady strode through the library in brown "capri" type pants with 4" black stiletto pumps. All the nicer because she walked the length of a tiled floor. She left the building and met up with two other "colleagues", both wearing pants and at least 3-4" spike pumps. All three went my route just ahead of me in the rain. They stopped to figure out where they were going and let me walk right past. Beautiful. Now here's the interesting part. I don't know what their occupations were, what their mission was,etc. I only know what I saw and liked it. But I have to question whether they expected to be taken seriously dressed in the heels as they were. If they were secretaries, I think they'd be taken seriously as secretaries. If they were in marketing or computers or another hard discipline, I think it would have made it harder from my point of view. What do you think? Would it make a difference to the men or women they were meeting with?

Nice to read a post from a fellow Rochesterian! I'll bet the choice of clothing (including footwear) was chosen in advance to match the situation. Dressing for the girls is treated very different than dressing for male co-workers and/or the boss. Comments?

Not at all. I try not to judge people by their looks, having worked with very smart guys with long hair and long beards and rough clothes, and some very nice, helpful, and kind but looking like rough and tough bikers. A dancer I am infatuated with can sometimes dress quite sexily, but at other times she is very plain or even frumpy looking. I can appreciate the looks, but judge the person on how they act and what they do in addition to how they look.

I saw a lady wearing some great looking stilettos while dining out tonight. Then as we were leaving, I glanced over to where she was sitting, and lo and behold her left shoe was dangling from just her toes. Man, did I wish I had my camera and zoom lens!

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

• 2 weeks later...

It rained cats and dogs today in downtown Rochester, NY. Still there was an amazing sight on the lunch hour.

A young lady strode through the library in brown "capri" type pants with 4" black stiletto pumps. All the nicer because she walked the length of a tiled floor.

She left the building and met up with two other "colleagues", both wearing pants and at least 3-4" spike pumps.

All three went my route just ahead of me in the rain. They stopped to figure out where they were going and let me walk right past. Beautiful.

Now here's the interesting part.

I don't know what their occupations were, what their mission was,etc. I only know what I saw and liked it.

But I have to question whether they expected to be taken seriously dressed in the heels as they were. If they were secretaries, I think they'd be taken seriously as secretaries. If they were in marketing or computers or another hard discipline, I think it would have made it harder from my point of view.

What do you think?

Would it make a difference to the men or women they were meeting with?

I've noticed that the younger women don't appear to have the "stigma" attached to higher heels that was applied in the past. They seem to be more about the current fashion. Dangerous for guys to not take them seriously!