Some really nice pics of cowboy boots :)

Elegant

Today I was browsing thru a website for men who love boots (http://www.hotboots.com) and found some really nice pics of cowboy boots:

Posted Image- they're on this site: http://www.hotboots.com/pix477.html

Posted Image and the URL: http://www.hotboots.com/pix512.html

Posted Image

http://www.hotboots.com/pix395.html

Posted Image

http://www.hotboots.com/pix444.html

I just loved their look and I wish I had a pair- especially these black tall zip-up ones with a leather lining. Well, I'd like them without harnesses and with 4 or 5" heels :roll:. So, whaddya think about'em, guys?

• Like 1

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Western Ranch made those at 500. buck a pop. Don't know if they or any one makes them now.

• Like 1

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

All the boots except the first and last photos don't look like they're from Western Ranch. The heels are obviously too high for the lasts.

Western Ranch Boots in Ajax Ontario had lasts to actually make 5 inch heel boots, as mentioned, most of the boots in the photos are not that product.

The only boots I'm pretty sure came from them are the first pair (though the heels on those were raised up to over 6 inches), and the last pair which looks like their standard 5 inch heel.

WR disappeared a couple years ago and I think left a few people with holes in their bank accounts and nothing on their feet.

They have reorganized and have a web site up at www.westernranchboots.net

A few have bought from them and been happy with the product.

Paul Bond Boot Co (paulbondboots.com) also has lasts for higher heels than normal cowboy boots. I've had boots from them and the heels (measured at the back) were just about 4 inches.

There is a Yahoo group hhcowboyboots (there's also hhcowboyboots2 & 3, intended for no messages, just more photo space)

All the boots in the following pictures are US Men's size 10 D.

These are my first Paul Bond boots, bought in 1973 for the outrageous sum of $87! They were destroyed by a flood and mold. The heels were about 4 1/4 inches.

Posted Image

These are my second Paul Bonds. These are from 1987 and cost $350 at the time. The heels were about 3 3/4 inches. In 2003 I had them resoled by a repair shop in Nebraska and when returned, the package never arrived. The post office insurance paid me my purchase price minus 15 years depreciation: I got $93! Actual replacement cost (which I can't afford now) is about $650.

Posted Image

These were made by Western Ranch Boot Company in early 2003 for $350. The heels are a bit over 5 inches and the shafts don't lean forward any more than most cowboy boots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Actually, the heels are right for the lasts. They are made like that because they are designed for horse riding and when you "assume the position" they will be very comfy for riding.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi!

Nice pictures, indeed!

These were made by Western Ranch Boot Company in early 2003 for $350. The heels are a bit over 5 inches and the shafts don't lean forward any more than most cowboy boots.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/onyourtoes/image2.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/onyourtoes/Image3.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/onyourtoes/Image9.jpg

Do you wear those outdoors like that? How do they feel? I think they're made to measure, right? And you can be in them all day with no problems...

Does Western Ranch still make those boots these days?

CU!

-Mike

• Like 1

onyourtoes: Very nice selection of boots and you look good in them. Thanks for the photos.

tubehead: I tend toward the western look boot and the undercut high heel of these is certainly an interesting design. I'm foremost a thighboot fan and noticed on the hotboots site a thighboot style western boot that was awesome. Knee high boots don't do that much for me except when they have a nice stacked heel. like the old Zodiac brand OR a high heeled women's cowboy boot. Wow, those are nice.

Back to the thread...the thighboots I had customized for me first came with the heels (4") in the full block stack, like the boots in this thread, but slightly less of an undercut. The bootmaker I used wanted to undercut the heel to get the heel tip as close to center of weight as he could. My mind was on a much thinner heel and I was disappointed when I first picked them up. Still, at his urging, I took them home and wore them for a few weeks. The fit was great and they were comfortable to walk in for extended periods of time. I still, for these boots at least, could not rest with the thicker heel and took them back to have them slimmed down. Now they are close to what I envisioned from the athstetics standpoint and I notice no difference in how they feel on my feet. The bootmaker was concerned that a thinner heel would be too wobbly, but I assured him I could handle that. The other thing I disliked was the weight of the boot with a full stacked (not hollowed out) heel. Man, that was heavy and harder to get used to than walking in high heels, in my opinion.

I'm glad there are still companies that make this boot, Paul Bond being one of them. Thanks for sharing the site and photos.

• Like 1

Hi!

Nice pictures, indeed!

Do you wear those outdoors like that? How do they feel? I think they're made to measure, right? And you can be in them all day with no problems...

Does Western Ranch still make those boots these days?

CU!

-Mike

Yes, I wore the 4 inch burgundy boots a lot, always with the heels visible. Occasionally men might ask "isn't it hard getting used to those heels?" I used to try to minimize it as I've been wearing heels for decades so they're no challenge at all, but I seem to get better reactions when I say, "They were a bit hard at first, but you quickly get the hang of it."

I'm a little more shy about the black 5 inch heel boots and usually wear them with longer pants, but I do wear them out from time to time.

Western Ranch closed unexpectedly, then reopened a few months later. They're at www.westernranchboots.net

• Like 1

Onyourtoes: Have you dealt with westernranch recently! I haven’t sent an order since they closed and reorganized. I bought my first pair of custom boots from there (2.5 inch heel). Fit great from the first step. Most comfortable shoes or boots I own. Wanted to get some in the 3 to 3.5 inch range but didn’t have the funds. Then I found out they closed.

Love your 5 inch black boots !!! I want a pair!!!! I also wear size 10D. Found Westernranch to be very reasonable price wise.

• Like 1

Hi!

Yes, I wore the 4 inch burgundy boots a lot, always with the heels visible. Occasionally men might ask "isn't it hard getting used to those heels?" I used to try to minimize it as I've been wearing heels for decades so they're no challenge at all, but I seem to get better reactions when I say, "They were a bit hard at first, but you quickly get the hang of it."

I'm a little more shy about the black 5 inch heel boots and usually wear them with longer pants, but I do wear them out from time to time.

Western Ranch closed unexpectedly, then reopened a few months later. They're at www.westernranchboots.net

I started an inquiry with Westernranchboots just the other day about something similar to your 5" boots as they look pretty cool for everyday wear. I'm out all day at work and for shopping in 4.5" platform loafers and wear them with longer pants. No bad comments till now, except one (male) collegue asked me why I'm doing this. I said: "Just for the fun of it!" and "Why should all the girls have the fun only?".

I just love the cowboy-heels style because, when worn with longer pants, the part of the heels that's still visible looks like the bottom part of 'ordinary' cowboy boots. Might be a little more acceptable to others...

---

@Phoenix: What does the D with '10D' actually mean? I've seen this a lot but haven't got around to ask this question ever...

CU!

-Mike

• Like 1

The D is the width with A being narrower and E wider. D is considered medium width for US men's sizes. Like all such didn't really think it through systems, to get narrower than A they use AA, AAA, etc. Having messed up at that end of the scale, they compound it by stopping wides at E and going to EE, EEE, etc.

I have not dealt with Western Ranch since the reorganization though a few people have ordered with no problems. They are bootmakers and not computer people, though. Last I knew there was only one person in the company that did the email from his home computer when he remembers. If they seem non-responsive, pick up the phone -- you'll get much better results.

I have a few pairs of Cowboy boots, The high top boots really atract me but are way out of my price range.

I would have a pair of these at the drop of a hat if money was no object.

Posted Image

Trouble is, I cant find anything really like them for sale.................. just to dream of buying (if you know what I mean).

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

The D is the width with A being narrower and E wider. D is considered medium width for US men's sizes. Like all such didn't really think it through systems, to get narrower than A they use AA, AAA, etc. Having messed up at that end of the scale, they compound it by stopping wides at E and going to EE, EEE, etc.

I have not dealt with Western Ranch since the reorganization though a few people have ordered with no problems. They are bootmakers and not computer people, though. Last I knew there was only one person in the company that did the email from his home computer when he remembers. If they seem non-responsive, pick up the phone -- you'll get much better results.

Thanks onyourtoes. I may break down and order another pair. Still think those black boots are perfect.

I have a few pairs of Cowboy boots, The high top boots really atract me but are way out of my price range.

I would have a pair of these at the drop of a hat if money was no object.

Posted Image

Trouble is, I cant find anything really like them for sale.................. just to dream of buying (if you know what I mean).

Nigel

I'm with you, I'd buy a pair of those no doubt. Know anything about them? Made by a bootmaker or "bought off the rack" so to speak?

I'm with you, I'd buy a pair of those no doubt. Know anything about them? Made by a bootmaker or "bought off the rack" so to speak?

No,

I dont know anything about them, a search for the name given, gives one link to the original page, damn.

I have searched for high top cowboy boots, there are a few around, but not for thoses on a budget.

I am hoping that the fasion might come across to the womans range, then we are laughing, there will be loads of them on the high street.

fingers crossed!

whoops, I put an exlamation mark there.

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

The shafts are leaning forward because when you put your feet in the stirrups riding a horse, you put your heels down somewhat. It the shaft was straight, then the front of the boot would crease and cut into your leg. However, it is my opionion that on most of the boots shown, they lean too far forward, this is because the heels are too high for the lasts. (Sorry, Dr. Shoe)

Nigel, here's my boots that are a step in the right direction for the ones you want. They're from Championboot.com, style Slick Jim, with riding heels, X toes, navy blue leather, and 16 inch tops. They cost about $300 as made.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi,

I found some extraordinary boots which are fashionable, cool and everything (I think).

fashioable people check out: http://www.libertyboot.com/

non-shy and extra cool people check out: http://www.rocketbuster.com/

Made to measure, with sizes, width and heel. Unfortunately 3-6 months to deliver. Also boots are rather on the expensive side.

But I ordered 4 pairs :-))) Cowgirl, Killaz, Lourdes Mule and Beige Birds. See me rockin' :-))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought myself a pair of knee-high cowboy boots recently. Their heels aren't high at all (4cm- about 1.75"), but when I saw the auction, my jaw was on the ground and I decided to buy them despite their relatively high price.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pics come from an auction listing- if I had a digital camera, I'd post some photos of me in these boots and all that leather :evil:. The only drawback is that these boots are a bit too stiff, compared to my other pair of cowboys, which is as soft as a glove.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!