heels at home.....

Samantha

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Samantha (and others offcoarse) ..heels at home: At the moment more often, it's the best training ground for me now. Had worn high heels in the past, sometimes during the whole day, but because of medical reasons i could't do that anymore. Now things are much better, and like to get used again in walking on high heels more often. And therfore began again with training/getting used to them in the comfort of my own home. Have to train my arches/musscles again and get used of the pressure/weight on the balls of the feet again. Btw: any more members here from around The Netherlands or Belgium?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes. I have 2 sets of heels, comfortable everyday ones (2 inches or less, some sneakers and ordinary shoes), and exotic ones (more than 2 inches, some have pointed toes, some are just bizarre). I pick a pair from the exotic set, put them on (all buckles/straps set tightly) and just lounge. Usually I wear them for a few hours, sometimes less if my feet start hurting. In general, I wear pointy toes less since they squeeze my toes (ouch!). Still, beauty is pain, and you get used to it if you do it at least once a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, has been some time i had visited the forum here. So some update from me. Have "trained" very much the last months, been wearing 4' (ankle and knee height)boots most of the time during the day's. Got again very common with the change of posture, position of the feet, the pratical sides of wearing heels most of the time, etc. Think i can say i'm tottally relaxed and happy again now on 4' heels. It feels natural again having on 4'heels. Getting closer to the thing/moment i was used a year ago. So from on this weekend i will again go up in some heel height, and continue getting used to that new height. That will be 5'inch heels now, still boots though (for my ankle-stability) When i get to the point that becomes natural again, i can finally get back on pumps i hope, my final goal offcoarse.;-) Have chosen some boots with a thin heel, so i can also begin now with training my balance skills again. Just as Susan(the original) said, i also hope that within this year i can say that wearing heels is part of my lifestyle. So far my update for now. Greetings, Saskia

• 1 month later...

Great update, keep up your training and you'll be in 6" heels soon enough. How do your feet feel?

Jen

Hello all!

I feel much more confidenced on heels nowadays!

So things are getting better and excercise and training helped alot! :silly:

Almost on the "level" i was used to be about 1,5 year ago.

Upcoming Easter Weekend i have some family "party's" with diner, etc.

I will wear pumps then, great to be able wear them again.:winkiss:

See attached picture of them.

post-15245-133522883769_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

anyone find it fun to dress seductively with perhaps a pair of spiky mules.....and have an afternoon of rest and recreation in the privacy of your own home, watching perhaps some trash tv and getting a take away?

Samantha

Old post but had to reply. This got to be the most relaxing thing thing I can do when I get home from work. Put a pair of leggings on,a big loose top and high heeled mules.Pour a glass of wine and watch an old movie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I often wear high heels around the house. There are some in which I’m still a bit wobbly and I enjoy the challenge of going up and down stairs, trotting off to the kitchen or bathroom and generally getting myself used to them so that I can perform better should I wear them outside. It’s also valuable when I’ve got new shoes, just to check how I feel in them for extended periods. Once you’ve worn shoes to wash up in, vacuum and change lightbulbs, you’ve got a much better sense of what it’s going to be like to wear them at work or out shopping. There are some challenges, such as uneven pavements, cobbles and slopes which it is difficult to mimic indoors, but it’s still good practice.

Alexa

I feel that any 5 or 6 inch heel is not really a big deal but ballets still are. I can do a ballet all night but things like stairs, small hills, gravel, grass and even plush carpet make it a real challenge. I saw some heel tips for those who do not want to sink into the lawn in heels but they are not the most attractive. Any of you gals do the heels at the beach?

Yes, I've been to the seaside in heels. Or rather, I'm usualy in platform boots with chunky heels. The biggest difficulty I have is with steep slopes of shingle, which are very hard to walk on. Once I'm on the sand I generally take my shoes off and run around barefoot. I can still feel the grains of sand in some of my shoes from last year. It's not uncomfortable, and is rather enjoyable because it reminds me of carefree days at the beach whenever I put them on. Alexa

I never wear heels at home except for when my SO asks. It's never less than 4 inches and i always take them off after it's all "over". At home, it's strictly for "play" and they are ONLY used for play. I never wear these outside of the house to keep them clean. Why? It took me a lot of nagging to convince him to agree to an expensive carpet and padding upgrade. $10,000+ more than the basic carpeting. Stilettos tend to do permanent damage to padding over time and the feel of lush carpeting on bare feet....just heavenly. I also don't allow guests to wear shoes in my house. It's either bare feet, socks/stockings, or guest slippers i always have by the door.

I've worn high heels sandals with straps to the beach a couple of times. It doesn't bother me in any way, but the buildup of sand does get to you after awhile. At home, I tend to wear 6" mules. They're like slippers with heels. I find that wearing heels for awhile makes my feet more sexier.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

When no one is around at home, I wear flats. It could be my bunny slippers, it could be my sneakers, it might be my riding boots but always flats. That way, I can save my muscles for when I am around people and I can look good in heels.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've been to the seaside in heels. Or rather, I'm usualy in platform boots with chunky heels. The biggest difficulty I have is with steep slopes of shingle, which are very hard to walk on. Once I'm on the sand I generally take my shoes off and run around barefoot.

When you are walking around the seaside in your warm, protective platform boots, your legs get used to the warmth and protectiveness of your boots. With the usual breeze found at most seashores, did you find your feet felt very exposed and cold the moment you took off your platform boots?

Today, I wore my knee high dress boots with stiletto heel to work today. I then wore them after work to dance practice, then to dinner with friends and then my dance partner came over to my place to practice the routines we learned in class for 30 minutes or so. After practice, he went home and I took off my thick, padded boots. Even though I still had two pairs of pantyhose on, my feet felt instantly cold! I almost immediately put my thick leather boots back on.

Yes, it’s usually quite fresh and bracing at the seaside here in the British Isles. Apart from maybe a couple of months in the summer, boots wouldn’t be out of place at the beach, but I try to wear ones with broader heels that won’t sink in. I can certainly identify with that cold feeling when you take your boots and shoes off. It feels slightly vulnerable too, somehow. Especially going barefoot outdoors at the beach, and most intensely when you step in the sea, but even at home or in the office my feet feel suddenly cool and very exposed. I get used to it in a few moments but it’s very much a part of life’s rich tapestry.

Alexa

It is 13°C here today so it is still cool enough for me to wear my fur lined leather boots with wool socks and pantyhose but perhaps over time, I have gotten so used to the warm micro climate and protection that my boots offer that I feel extremely vulnerable without them on. Perhaps I should do what Alexa does, just go and play around at the beach in just a bathing suit when the weather gets warmer. The North Sea does get warmer by July and at the latest, August.

I don’t want anyone running away with the impression that I’m some kind of bikini babe. If it’s really hot at the seaside I’m much more likely to be wearing a little top and cut off black jeans than a swimming costume as I’m not keen on them. I tend to like wandering around looking for interesting bits of driftwood, abandoned boats and derelict buildings along the cliffs than doing conventional things such as sunbathing or swimming. Most of the time you need to be quite well wrapped up at the British seaside though.

Alexa

Well non-bikini babe Alexa, if you go to the east coast of Great Britain to go to the beach and I head to the northwest coast of Germany, we would both be facing the same body of water, namely the North Sea.

The temperature is currently 12C (54F) at the beaches today so even if I were to wear a bikini, it would surely be hidden underneath a jacket, a warmer skirt and pantyhose hahaha. Us wearing our thicker heeled boots on the beach or at the boardwalk by the beach wouldn't be out of place given the temperature as I am guessing the temperature in southeast Great Britain is similar to northwest Germany, at the beaches at least?

Yes, it’s warm here inland today, but I see the weather forecast says it’s between 11 and 14 C at the east coast, so you’d need to run about a bit to keep warm in a bathing costume. That’s why I find a top and my cut off skinny jeans or a short skirt more suitable seaside attire in this country. If I know I’m going to be spending a while by the sea I might get myself a cheap pair of plimsolls or something similar to keep my feet safe from broken glass, sharp rocks and shells. Otherwise the ballet flats in my car are pressed into service as beach shoes.

Alexa

I was not too far off the North Sea coast as I attended festival. There was a lot of events going on but I was there for the free concerts with my friends. There were several famous singers and who went to the outdoor bandshell and the atmosphere was great. At night, while the band performed, a lot of the spectators outdoors held glow sticks as we watched the performance. I wore a white and silver graphic t-shirt with a leather jacket with a dark leather skirt. I was not sure if I was going to be able to get seats to the concert so I might be in the standing room area. To be on the safe side, I wore a pair of black leather fur lined knee high boots with a chunky heel, no pantyhose, but I did wear two pairs of thick knee high woolly socks inside the fur lined boots for padding. I was lucky, I managed to get one of the last few seats available for the concert. I am home now as it began to rain outside and I did not want to ruin my leather jacket in the rain. I removed my fur lined boots when I got home but the temperature change was soooooooo great without my boots on! I padded around my house for a few minutes without my boots on before I quickly put on a pair of knee high, feece lined Uggs to get that warm, cozy feeling back again. Now I am wearing my Uggs at home.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. Living here in the British Isles you haven't got to mind the rain too much. Most of my clothes are of a style and fabric so it doesn't matter if I get caught out in the rain, luckily. I do however have a number of pairs of shoes and boots which I consider too good to get wet, so I tend not to wear them if there's likely to be a lot of outdoor activity in changeable weather. Alexa p.s. Have you ever tried three pair of socks at once, Heidi? That would be a challenge!