Walking in 6 inch heels

LthrRam

Hi everyone, I just received a pair of Pleaser thighhigh stretch boots from Bob and Angie vie EBay with 6 inch heels and am finding them a little difficult to get use to walking in. Anyone have any tips that might help. Kevin

1st time i wore 6 inch heels it looked like i was drunk!!And i dont drink!!took me a few months of practice to get used of the arch.But now can can wear with no problems at all.I wear heels s most every day.And i do live as a female also.Just takes time to get used of the arch.

Hey, all I can say is PRACTICE !!! It's so true, I dont wear them all day long, but I do wear them for about 4 hours at a time to clean the house. But after that, my feet are dying. My wife and I are on opposite shift from each other. So I am home when shes at work. I have 6"ers with a ankle strap. I punched another hole in the strap and she put little padlocks on them so I cant take them off when shes at work. So I cook and clean, bathroom, take out trahs, etc while wearing them.

Hi everyone,

I just received a pair of Pleaser thighhigh stretch boots from Bob and Angie vie EBay with 6 inch heels and am finding them a little difficult to get use to walking in. Anyone have any tips that might help.

Kevin

You do it the same way you get to Carnegie Hall - practice, Practice, PRACTICE, [b]PRACTICE!!! :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Thanks everybody, Today is the third day in the six inch heels and it is getting alot better. I had them on while doing housework/making dinner for myself and my boyfriend last nite for 5 hours. My feet were a little tired but now they are ready to go again. I just might have to try the ballet boots after I master the six inchers. Kevin

Thanks everybody,

Today is the third day in the six inch heels and it is getting alot better. I had them on while doing housework/making dinner for myself and my boyfriend last nite for 5 hours. My feet were a little tired but now they are ready to go again. I just might have to try the ballet boots after I master the six inchers.

Kevin

Don't expect fast progress! I'm sure that your choice was much too high. Really nobody is able to walk on such high heels at once. It's not a question of three days but much more a question of three years!

Sorry, but thats my own experience.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I had thought about just going up to 5 inch from my 4 other pairs of 3.5 and 4.5 inch but when I saw the 6 inch heels I just had to get them. They were a reward to myself for all the extra work I have been doing lately at my business. Kevin

For my part it has not been too bad so far. Once I found my new center of balance I started walking pretty well, just like everyone has said it does take practice, practice, practice! But man is it worth it! Kevin

Don't expect fast progress! I'm sure that your choice was much too high. Really nobody is able to walk on such high heels at once. It's not a question of three days but much more a question of three years!

Sorry, but thats my own experience.

I think that depends on the person. My first heels were 5" boots that felt completely natural to walk in. I also now have a pair of Pleaser 6" boots and they took a little getting used to but I can walk in them without problems now. I haven't had them for more than a few months and only wear maybe twice a week for a few hours in privacy. Sometimes I sneak a walk outside at night.

I think that depends on the person. My first heels were 5" boots that felt completely natural to walk in. I also now have a pair of Pleaser 6" boots and they took a little getting used to but I can walk in them without problems now. I haven't had them for more than a few months and only wear maybe twice a week for a few hours in privacy. Sometimes I sneak a walk outside at night.

Hi Dan,

it makes a big difference if you are wearing your boots only on the comfortable carpet of your home or outdoors. I'm a proud owner of red 6'' overknees (slut boots :wink:). In my home it's no problem to walk on them with small tripping steps like Al Bundees girl. But on the street I would be careful - even in the night. Not only because of defaming immigrants, but helpless stumbling on your too high heels is really embarrassing :roll: Five inches are my ultimate limit on the street.

I guess this is a really subjective topic. For my own part, I don't think I've ever tried on anything taller than a 5" heel. Today, even a 4" heel is pretty much out of the question for me. Still. over the years I've noticed something curious. Some shoes just naturally feel better than others. I'm not talking styles here either - I mean that some shoes seem to fit so well that it doesn't matter much how tall the heel is. On the other er foot, the exact same style shoe with the exact same size heel by a different shoe maker might be almost impossible to wear.

If I were just getting started in heels, I would make it a point to find out which brand of shoe fits me well. Go to thrift stores and second-hand shops; buy cheap shoes or expensive ones when they're on sale; find someone else who wears the same size and borrow theirs, but find out which particular shoe wears well on you and then stick with that brand! Believe me, if you're absolutely going for the high altitude stuff, it's the fastest way to get your head in the sky. If you don't, you're likely going to spend a lot of time wobbling around trying to master that high heeled walk while enduring pain and embarrassment as well as squander a lot of money on shoes that really don't work for you. Still, the old adage of starting out with the lower heels and then working up to the skyscrapers is good advice. Most people don't know how to wear 5 or 6 inch heels right off. It takes time and practice.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Another thing to consider is that you bought shoes listed as 6 inch heels. They may actually be higher depending on the size.

Very good point, Vector! The only way you will ever know for sure just how high the heels are, is to put the shoe down on a flat surface and measure it. Now that may sound like a no-brainer, but from an engineering point of view - the higher the heel the more unstable the wearer. Down low, a fraction of an inch makes little difference. But once you get over about 4 inches, even a 1/4 inch can make a huge difference in your stability. Well, I've seen lift protectors that can easily add 1/4 inch to a heel. So the bottom line here is that while a shoe may be advertised as 6", it may in fact be 6 1/4 inches or more. :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

So the bottom line here is that while a shoe may be advertised as 6", it may in fact be 6 1/4 inches or more. :roll:

Hi Guy in Heels,

two years ago I bought a pair of US size 13 sandalettes at ebay which were offered as 16 cm heels (from The Highest Heels). When I received them I felt really irritated: Micha, you will never be able to walk on such extreme high heels! I put the shoes on a table, grabbed a ruler and measured the heel height as the vertical difference between the table plate and the end of the heels. The result was 19 cm (~7.5 '') :wink: In many american internet shops they are offered as 6.5'' heels. Believe me, I was never walking more than three steps on these shoes :oops:

I went and collected my six inch heels yesterday from Alternative Footwear in Ramsbottom. As usual I had fun trying them on and talking heels with Donna. I got these in black patent:

Posted Image

They're very sexy, I can stand up in them and just about walk if I take very small steps! I don't think I'm going to try and master them, partly because they'll make my four inch heels feel too low, and partly because I kind of like the idea of having a pair that are too high for me. :roll:

Chris

Chris -

Not to cast public doubt on you resolve but ... If you can take small steps in your new 6” heels, I’m betting it won’t be long until you are taking bigger steps in them and forgetting you are wearing heels when you have the 4” heels on.

I have a pair of 6” pumps that I can’t wear because they are too small for me but I still try every once in a while.

Your new shoes look great.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It turns out that your doubt was well cast, after wearing them a couple of times over the weekend I can now walk in them pretty confidently! Unfortunately they're so tight that they're really uncomfortable after a few minutes, but the next size up were slopping round my feet! Think I'll start looking for some that fit properly. Chris

Made a vid of me walking in in my thigh high boots that have a 6 inch heels. posted on you tube. Here is the url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLsDUMfGNyU Hops ya like Donna

Hi Donna.

I', very impressed by your walk in your heels.

I also watched your clip in you pumps, i have a pair like those pumps and i have serious problem walking in them, i wobble alot in them.

Can you walk in them outdoors to?

Pernilla

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

Havent tried walking in them outside as of yet.Have wore my boots alot though.And if i wear to high of a heel my b/f thinks im a sliut lol.I bet most guys would live there g/f to wear high heels instead of flip flops lol

...I bought a pair of US size 13 sandalettes at ebay which were offered as 16 cm heels (from The Highest Heels)... I put the shoes on a table, grabbed a ruler and measured the heel height as the vertical difference between the table plate and the end of the heels. The result was 19 cm (~7.5 '')... Believe me, I was never walking more than three steps on these shoes :roll:

Hey, I can really feel for you, Micha! Wouldn't it be so much nicer if you actually got a 4" heel when you ordered one? Or how about actually getting a size 43 when you tell `em that's what you want? But the reality is that while I wear a US women's size 10, or a 42 Euro; I've got shoes from a 9.5 that fit! to a size 42 that's falling off my feet. To borrow a line - "It don't mean a thing if you ain't worn that thing." Unless you've seen it and tried it on personally yer shooting in the dark, man!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels