You know you're a high heel addict when ...

HighBoots

PJ you are a late bloomer, as you can read on my website I already had that "problem" around age 4 in kindergarden.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You develop a crush on your average looking 5th grade teacher strictly because she wore high heel court shoes to class. This actually happened to me.

For me it was my Geography teacher and a pair of knee boots circa 1978.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I had a job interview. The woman interviewing me was wearing blade heeled boots and pants. I spent the whole interview trying to conclude if she was wearing ankle boots or knee high boots. I'm sorry to say that I didn't find an answer or a job.

Everyone should wear boots!

Should've just asked--you might have gotten both!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

When you are at somebody else's house and instead of snooping in the medicine cabinet, you check out the shoe and boot closet. Paying close attention to the sizes, to see who wears what and what might fit yourself.

Everyone should wear boots!

• 1 month later...

When you pay more attention to the footwear of the women in action movies than their faces or figures (or acting ability!). :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

>> Emma Peel was the best secret agent ever. The Brimstone Club was the best episode ever. <<

Before the days of video recorders, I remember an episode of The Avengers where Joanna Lumley was escaping from the bad guys in 5 inch heel sandals. She had to climb up or over something and they did a real close up shot of her shoes and lower legs. Phhwooaarrrr!

.... you adjust the length of your new leather trousers to account for 5" heels.

Xa

You have several pairs of trousers adjusted for heels :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

When you pay more attention to the footwear of the women in action movies than their faces or figures (or acting ability!). :D

Liz Hurley in Bedazzled! :wink:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Renee Russo in "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Movie" Actually, speaking of movies, "You now why DVD's let you pause and zoom - it's so you can make the most of each and every shoe shot"

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

If it weren't for the automatic time out feature here in this forum, you would never log off.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Let me ask, PJ: what is that feature to log off existing here that I have never seen? :wink:

I obtained this information from the FAQ section:

Why do I get logged off automatically?

If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else.

Here is more information about this as I understand it. The following does not apply if you select automatic login as stated above.

Logging on and off here is a little different. You can visit the forum, search and read messages whether you are logged on or not. But you must be logged on in order to perform activities like posting a message or to edit your profile

When you log on to this forum, a hidden clock starts to count. As long as you are inactive (don't post a message, or edit your profile, etc.), the clock counts uninterrupted until it reaches a certain time (I think around 15 minutes). Then it will log you off automatically. However, each time you do something active (such as when you post a message, or edit your profile, etc.), the clock is reset and starts to count from the beginning all over again.

After you are logged off automatically, it will not be obvious to you. There are three indications you will receive, depending on what you are doing. At the top of the forum pages, it indicates if you are logged on or not. At the bottom of the forum pages, if most of the functions are not enabled, then you are logged off. And when you try to do something active, you will be prompted to log on again.

I hope this explanation is clear.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

...when after taking photos of your latest shoes, you find yourself relaxing in 4" heels as you upload them. ...when you recognise the people you chat with most by their feet, not their faces!