Vanity - Back after a nightmare...

Hello everyone, I'm back after a long time of hard work and a lot of sorrows and illness. Perhaps some of you know what I'm talking about. When you realize that your parents are older then you think (read wish) and you just want to keep them. It's a hard time. Anyhow, I will try to get some minutes left for this charming site and even leave a contribution if possible. I'm still a devoted heel-fan but a more "moderate" one, there is just not enough time. Are there any women left, please let me know? :roll:

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

I'm still a kitten! :roll: Pathetic, isn't it. Had a pair like this some years ago, bought abroad when I was tired of walking in my heels. I must have been very drunk! :wink: (I've heard the expression "pissed" , do you say that)?

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

Hi, Vanity, I've lost both my parents now. My father died when I was 17 and about to leave home. As a young man eager to make my own way in life, I didn't miss him much then. He was a funny old cuss, and wouldn't have approved of some of the things I got up to! Actually, I think he would be hellish jealous of the things I have achieved in my life now ... as I said, he was a funny old cuss. Mum died in '01, due to, I believe, a foulup in our Notional Health Service (which I can't get the info to prove, of course). A boy's relationship with his mum is always different, and to lose her like this cut me up pretty badly for a time. We always used to have fun parking in the 'parent and child' places in the supermarket which are a shorter walk (mum wasn't quite so quick on her feet any more). People used to comment sometimes, and I would introduce the lady as 'meet my mother, and despite the fact I'm 40, I'm still her child !'. As a language teacher, the inability of the supermarkets to recognise the difference in 'parent and child', and, what they should have written, 'parent and infant', in her opinion was worthy of exploitation for fun in the politically correct world. Xa