Mother-in-Law

All, I've been working late testing reports and checking here occasionally. My wife just called, her mom was taken to the hospital with VERY high blood pressure and extremely tired. I need to go find out if all is ok, I might be out of touch for a while depending. I've lost BOTH my parents, my wife still has both alive. I ask anyone out there that believes in God, please keep them in your prayers. Later, Scotty

You got it, Scotty. She's in my prayers. See ya round.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Still waiting to hear back on mother in law. My sister in law and brother in law drove her to the hospital (why they didn't call an ambulance is beyond me, she is over 70 and you can't take potential heard attacks or strokes casually) and haven't heard anything back. My wife wants to wait here until something is know (she was cleaning all day and needs a shower, so maybe later on if warrented we will drive over). Her other brother is heading over now and will call us with an update. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your responses.

• Like 1

Update: It turns out she has some kind of bleeding on the brain. They had to emergency transport her to Washington Hospital Center because the hospital here isn't equiped to be able to handle it. My wife is going to go see her and I will stay home and play Mr Mom. I will let you all know when I know something more. Again, thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Turns out she had a mild stroke. They had her in ICU for about 2 days (they moved her yesterday to a less severe ICU and today to a normal room). They might release her by the weekend. Fortunately, it looks like she will be ok, but might need some physical therapy. My wife and I agree she needs to take it easy, she tries to take on way too much by herself (my father-in-law needs constant care and can barely walk and also she insists on having family gatherings at the house and does ALL the cooking on her own). We both agree she needs more help and needs to allow the children to take on more of the cooking (maybe she can supervise). Anyway, all in all it looks positive, but I think we are all going to need some lifestyle changes. Again, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Scotty

Hopefully it was just a TIA and nothing more. Just make sure she takes her meds and I am sure she'll be under a good doctor's care and hopefully it's nothing else. Give her some love from all of us...from you.. Yes, I went to nursing school for cardio and now work in pharm, as many of you know....so I wish Sscotty my best! Loves! Adeana

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Well, my mother-in-law came home this afternoon. My wife said she has some short term memory loss, but they don't know if it is permanent or temporary. I think they are going to bring her back in for evaluation. It sounds like she is going to get assigned a physical therapist who will come by the house as well.

Strokes are rough....keep an eye on her....and I will be honest here....if she starts talking kinda unusual or crazy....please take her to the doctor immediately! I have seen so many cases where the family will ignore it or actually try to reason with them or argue with them and not realize that it is an irrational medical condition and they need help! I spent 3 years during nursing school in the cardio dept and saw so many families almost refuse to accept the notion that 'your loved one needs help and might be incoherent!' Lucks to you! Adeana

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Good advice, Adeana. I had a TIA on last September 12th. I was in the hospital for 4 days and improved each day while there. I guess I was lucky that I wasn't paralized. It just messed up my speech a bit. They still don't know to this day what caused it. They sent me to a speech therapist and after the first class, they said I didn't need any more and sent me home. I'm 71 years old now and I just have to watch my speech when I get very tired. Sscotty727:-) I see that you came from Johnstown originally and have a brother in Pittsburgh. My wife, Mickey, has relatives up in Westmont and Echo. Small world, isn't it. Hope that everything is leveling out now with your Mother-in-law. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!