Driving in ballett boots?

admirer5577

I just got my first pair of BB and I have to say that my toes really hurts after a while, but I guess it is practise that is needed. And some cushioning maybe? Driving in 5" boots is a piece of cake I think, but does anyone drive in BB's? I have sat in the car "dry driving" it and I figures that it shouldn't be that hard. Any opinion about it? Of course one have to be more careful than normally but still I think it will be possible. (Of course rush hours in big cities are out of the question) Admirer

although absolutely different, it is even more comfortable than driving in 6 inch heels. nevertheless I would never recommend to do this otherwise as for fun in secure areas as in danger you cannot be sure to brake as necessary. so it is dangerous not only for you but as well for the other road user. also, the toes slip sometimes from the pedals and it can always happen that one gets cramps in feet while wearing ballets...

i have tried driving in ballet heels, basically its not something you want to be doing in traffic. when i did it i was able to control the car fine and i had no trouble braking. if you just got your ballet heels, i suggest you get used to them before driving, and if you do, do it late at night when there is no traffic jim

lost my long post but it was along the lines of what Jim said.. get really comfy and used to your BB heels before driving in them. practice driving away from traffic.....so no surprises on the road. i'd hate for a situation calling for a panic stop, panic lane change, followed by rapid acceration to avoid a collision and this is the time you loose track of where your BBheeled feet are!! better safe while enjoying your heeling than sorry!!! that is the short version of my lost post. RPM

I have done it, but only extremely early in the morning or in very desolate places that do not require the use of emergency braking. Although, there was a second time I wore some not-too-severe ballet heels while driving a stick shift jeep to a club, but that wasnt the best idea either. My other time was at 4am driving home from my b/f's house, put on my TLSB boots, walked down the stairs, across a parking lot, 10 minute drive home, checked the mailbox and back into my place to get ready for work :roll: I'd never do it in heavy traffic, -way- too easy to slip off the brake, or damage the boots unintentionally. Wearing them as a passenger for hours on a road trip is fun though. seeya jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

If you really want to try this, I'd strongly suggest that it's on private land or somewhere like a supermarket carpark after hours when it's empty. You really don't want to end up causing an accident because of your shoes. Chris

It can be done.................... <ADMIN>Broken links removed.</ADMIN> .....mind you, the car was actually stuck in the snow doing wheelspins at the time - so not a lot of movement to contend with.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Awesome pics, pussyinboots. Still looks awkward to pull off driving though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have done it twice. When I want to go out with my ballet heels I drive on a empty parking place near a shop and change my footwear from sneakers to the ballet heels. I do it in the car because nobody should see it. Then I drive in front of the shop. Thios is about 300 meters but it is fun to drive with the ballet heels. It is difficult to handle the pedals not to give to much power on them. But i like the feeling that the foot is in an unnatural position. I get out of the car and walk in the shop with ballets. Inside I look around or try some clothes on. When I go out I drive back to the parking and change the shoes. This is an extraordinary feeling for me and I will do this in other shops too. aandii

• 2 years later...

A while back I decided to wear my bboots and drive to a local store from my work. About 10 miles in a 5 speed pickup truck. Since then I have done this 2 more times. It is a bit nerveracking but when I drove to a store to buy some coffee it was an amazing expierience, the drive and the jaunt in the store. I did take them off to drive back to work because with the rush I was having I found I was being distracted and not paying attention to the driving. A few times I had to hunt for the clutch peddle and my foot did slip off the brake peddle as well but all in all I tried to be uber carefull until I was having too much of a good time and had to change into my reg. shoes. I don't think driving in these boots is a good idea in heavy traffic and Pata is right some times you do get a cramp and it turns the expierence into a nightmare. I love wearing my boots and have finally gotten to the point where my toes don't rebell and the boots are as comfortable as my reg. shoes for a bout 2 hrs. Well that 's about all I have to say about driving in bboots great fun but some what dangerous. Dr Who 3

I agree, I tried it a couple of times, with a manual transmission, when the roads were quiet. It's not something to be recommended as said throughout this link, as being able to hit the brakes in an emergency, is a priority. I don't think the Police or the insurance people would take kindly to it. Mind you, as the good Doctor said, it was one hell of a buzz.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Yes I was very leary of making a mistake and getting the police involved. I agree neither the police or any insurance co. would not take kindly to driving in bboots. Perhaps the same as a DUI. So if anyone wants to give this a go be very carefull. Dr Who 3

I always wondered if you could. Everyone answered my question, more times than once :thumbsup: Thanks! Now, to the owner of YouTube video "BB boots on motorcycle" (or some title like that)...does anyone recommend cycling in BBoots? I've seen a vid or 2 of people cycling with them on (including one that connects to a pay site) but they didnt go That far. Is it possible?

Formally "HHDude"

I always wondered if you could. Everyone answered my question, more times than once :thumbsup: Thanks!

Now, to the owner of YouTube video "BB boots on motorcycle" (or some title like that)...does anyone recommend cycling in BBoots? I've seen a vid or 2 of people cycling with them on (including one that connects to a pay site) but they didnt go That far. Is it possible?

*waves hi* I'm the one on the motorcycle in ballet heels. Shifting is the problem, and I havnt had a chance to ride on the back wearing them.

If you're talking about bicycling, you might be able to do it with the pedals that have a strap to hold the top of your foot, otherwise keeping your toe on the pedal would be tough.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Driving in high heels is one thing, but I would think driving in ballet boots is tantamount to suicide. I'd say if you feel comfortable trying it, use caution.......but I'd never recommend doing it.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

in the US it's actually illegal. And you will be fined if you get caught doing it.

It's a good thing cops don't do random stops and check a guy for heels, isn't it then?

I have driven in high heels, relatively well. The only issue I have is moving my heel over from the gas to the brake. I am not to quick to make that movement as it is rather cumbersome with a 6 inch heel and a 2-3 inch platform. But other than that it is rather simple. So i assume the ballet heels may be an issue since your feet would be in such an awkward position. But you could probably pull it off. Just take it slowly. Maybe drive around in a neighborhood or somewhere quiet before actual street driving.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

I would have to agree with samcar. I mean, practice makes perfect, or some extent of it, right? I had my 5 1/2 inchers on while driving and didn't have much of a problem with them either. Yeah, practice should definitely make perfect. Then again, I don't have ballet boots.. ;-)

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All. Check out Imeldabootstross' new video on youtube. She takes a drive in Her bboots and does some acrobatics on a chain link fence. Most Impressive. She has certainly mastered walking in bboots for only being at it less than a year. She also makes walking in ballet pointe shoes look easy. I still can't figure out how alot of these women can walk in their bboots with those thin ouch type toe pads. I definitely need more padding than that. By the way I drove home from work last Wed. in my 1025 bboots. My toe slipped off the clutch peddle a couple of times but it was fun and I need to do this more so I can better at it. I'm gladd there wasen't much traffic. Oh if any one out there wants to try driving in bboots make sure you OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS. I'm sure the police would write you a ticket for driving in bboots along with the traffic law you broke. Best to all bboot walkers out there. Dr Who 3

Anything that endangers you is bad. I usually remove my heels if I am driving on any freeway or for long trips. No way I can do it ballet boots without getting into an accident.;-)

I would think it would be a danger driving in 7" ballet boots. I would rather be tied up in them.

Well, unless you practice at driving in them. Like going to a vacant parking lot and driving around, practice parking, etc. I mean, practice makes perfect, right? ;-) I mean, if you've practiced walking in them, why not practice driving as well?

Formally "HHDude"