Hello and a big thank you !

Hi to all. New to posting but been a member for a while :wink: . Now that I have a better computer and a digital camera (still attempting to learn both) I am hoping to post more and add pictures of my boots. A little history first. I have been into heels and boots since I was about 5 or 6 after I got into my aunt’s high heels. It has been hide and seek and a veritable roller coaster ride of emotions ever since. I have bought and discarded some shoes and boots I wish I would have kept. Did it for a lot of the same reasons people have said they did it and posted here. Funny how at the time I thought I was the only one in the world that loved wearing high heeled shoes and boots. Eventually I found that I wasn’t. Skip a few years and this new deal called the internet was really my outlet and a source for my education and inspiration. I “surfed” the internet looking for pages that served my interest, men that wanted to wear high heeled shoes and boots. Some of my initial heeling was for the fetish interest but even then it was mostly because I liked how they looked, felt and how I looked in them. Plus they were vastly more stylist than any men’s boots. I first found the “Shoes and Heels Discussion Board” and I knew I had found some kindred spirits. Then I heard about a new board “the HighHeel meeting place” and I have truly been inspired by everyone that has posted here. Through this board I have been moved to continue experimenting and expanding not only by collection but also my wearing of heels. I now wear heels out regularly. I owe a lot to all that have posted about street heeling. I have attempted to post a picture but it was huge :roll: . So, I need some advice on how to make the picture smaller so it doesn’t take up half a page when the forum and the topic opens. I would like to have a picture in my avatar but it’s the same problem. I have a picture I can link to at Photobucket but again I’m learning. Most of the problem now seems to be “operator error” and not the camera or the computer. I appreciate any help on this and thanks for letting be bend your ear for awhile. :oops:

Hi Phoenix and welcome aboard. I know the "lurker-to-poster" path well, been down it myself. I lurked around here for more than a year before I worked up the guts to register and start posting. As far as re-sizing pictures, there is usually a software package that comes on a CD with the digital camera. It will be Roxio or MGI Photosuite or something like that, or Photoshop. There will be a menu command to "re-size" a photo, search the help file for "re-size". Note that this is not the same as cropping, re-sizing a picture re-interpolates the pixels to produce a picture at a different (lower) resolution. The file size will be a lot smaller too although you will noticeably lose picture quality -- mostly in the form of sharpness. But most modern digital cameras can shoot at dizzying resolutions like 2500 x 1700 or higher and pictures at full resolution take bloody ages to download -- especially through a dial-up connection. For Internet use you probably do not want to go above 640 x 480 resolution -- and for an avatar you want to go MUCH smaller. There is a post somewhere around here that tells the maximum size for avatar pictures. Big avatars really screw up the formatting of the pages. You can probably set your camera to shoot at 640 x 480 too. At that setting you will be able to take thousands of pictures on a 1G card but they will never be any better than 640 x 480 resolution. I prefer to shoot at the best resolution my camera can support and then down-sample (re-size) the pictures if I need them smaller. If I use the pictures in another way (such as printing them or viewing them on a high-resolution monitor) I still have the high-res originals. All this from a guy who has yet to post a picture here!

Have a happy time!

Thanks jmc for the information. I’ll look for the resizing in Photoshop and learn more about the digital camera. I’m still old school with the cameras (SLR, film, & processing) but man this digital thing is pretty cool.

If you are running XP (possibly 2000?) there's a very handy little picture re-sizing tool available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

To use it all you do is right click on an image file and use the resize function on the menu.

I'm going to take a look at this and practice a little. Looks like just the ticket. Thanks.

Photobucket allows you to resize, but only by 25/50/75 percent of the original size I usually scale down huge pictures by half, then go by 75 percent of original until my dimensions are in the 400-600 pixel range. That makes them ideal for posting. For avatars, I'd upload the picture - which then creates a thumbnail preview picture. I save the thumbnail to my computer, then upload the thumbnail. Voila! New avatar. This was all before I learned how to use photo-editing software, which can be a new pony to learn all its own...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I'll practice to see what I can do with the software and up and downloading. I'd like to get to the point where I can be proficient at changing my avatar and posting pictures.

If you need a hand, shoot me a PM. I'll be glad to aid however possible I can also be reached at - daniellehh-at-gmail-dot-com - danielinheels-at-yahoo-dot-com You can send pictures directly to the gmail account. Just attach em and go.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

The Photobucket site has an edit function that allows for 25% of original. Didn't realize it when I was there. Everyday is an adventure when learning computer skills. Boots in my avatar I wear often. Very comfortable.